Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

League 1 scores

Comments

• Options
    edited March 2022
    We wont go down, we have some easy games coming up that we should pick up points in, have a game in hand on the bottom teams and to cap it off there are teams a lot worse than us at the bottom.

Lucky for us though as skill and performance would not have saved us.
    Easy games … ? For a team who have lost 5 on the trot and had 1 shot on target in 3 games….. Oh yes we are fecking so much better than these teams in our EASY games. 
    Exactly. It's a massive assumption that we'll easily beat the teams around and below us. Bearing in mind that even under Jacko we've lost to Crewe, and drawn against Morecambe

That's why the next 2 games are crucial, as 2 decent results won't just give us some points, they'll lift some of the tension.
    Gents, I said “we should pick up points” in those games. I never mentioned winning any of them and as you have just seen we took a point off Sunderland.

Despite the fact we are a poor team we are capable of nicking a few more points between now and the end of the season and they will keep us up.
  • Options
    The key will be getting our strikers back. Stockley seems to be back and Washington close. They get injured again and we are in trouble so we are not safe.
  • Options
    Doncaster v Gillingham on Saturday. Another team who can’t get maximum points to stay up. Think the bottom 5 are rubbish. Will check back after final day, but reckon fewer than 45 to stay up. Changing prediction to 42 points 
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    3/1 top half finish,  lump on.
    That may not end well for you 🙁
  • Options
    Happily, the scores went largely for us. Sadly, if you take a step back, it is ridiculous we can say that and not that they went against us. It shows the low point we are in.
  • Options
    Morecambe still have to play Wigan, Oxford and MK Dons. Assuming they lose those they'd then need to get at least 4 wins and probably 5 from their other 7 games to have a chance of staying up, one of which is away to us.

Gillingham have Doncaster this weekend, probably a must win for both. Doncaster i think are already down though, they realistically need to win 5-6 of their last 9.
  • Options
    What an utterly pathetic excuse for a season. 
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    What an utterly pathetic excuse for a season. 
    Don't forget our Papa John's run.
  • Options
    Considering that we’ve only got one point from our last six games I’m surprised we’re not deeper in the mire. Feels like the bottom clubs are more detached than normal at this stage of the season, which is just as well. 
    I actually think our form and confidence will improve after the battling point against Sunderland. Would be good to get Washington back soon, and personally I think a return for Corey Blackett-Taylor would add interest to what might turn out to be a fairly humdrum end to the season. 
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    JamesSeed said:
    Considering that we’ve only got one point from our last six games I’m surprised we’re not deeper in the mire. Feels like the bottom clubs are more detached than normal at this stage of the season, which is just as well. 
    I actually think our form and confidence will improve after the battling point against Sunderland. Would be good to get Washington back soon, and personally I think a return for Corey Blackett-Taylor would add interest to what might turn out to be a fairly humdrum end to the season. 
    Wimbledon haven’t won in 20 and are still outside the relegation zone. Very weak divisions this season at the bottom.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    JamesSeed said:
    Wimbledon haven’t won in 20 and are still outside the relegation zone. Very weak divisions this season at the bottom.
    They've only got another 2 weeks to wait before that is rectified 😉.
  • Options
    Massive win for Gillingham, who now have a slight gap to the relegation places. Wimbledon surely had to beat Cambridge today
  • Options
    Wimbledon not winning today became the first team in over a decade in leagues one and two not to win in 20 games.
  • Options
    Wimbledon not winning today became the first team in over a decade in leagues one and two not to win in 20 games.
    And yet they are still not relegated, not even close. This season you could be safe from relegation with 42 points & miss the play offs with 78 points. 
  • Options
    Tough fixtures coming up for Wimbledon.Sheffield Wednesday away, followed by Charlton and MK. Surely got to be treating Charlton as most winnerable match out of the 3.
  • Options
    Tough fixtures coming up for Wimbledon.Sheffield Wednesday away, followed by Charlton and MK. Surely got to be treating Charlton as most winnerable match out of the 3.
    Ironically the postponement has probably helped them. 

I feel we are now safe. At the time the game got called off we could have got dragged in again. 

This is still a must win for them, but not for us. 
  • Options
    Maybe so but MK is their cup final. 
  • Options
    Desperate form at the bottom of L1. Of the bottom 5, Doncaster actually have the best form and you can see why Gillingham have moved out of the bottom 4

• Options
    Watching Quest, a shocking decision in the Gillingham game where Accrington were denied a stonewall penalty. That decision could be crucial at the end of the season
  • Options
    MK Dons on a brilliant run and now up into the automatics. 11 wins and 3 draws from 14 games including wins away at Wycombe, Sunderland and Rotherham.

Rotherham do have 2 games in hand, but all the momentum is with MK Dons now.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited April 2022
    Rotherham have 3 points to add on Saturday though!
  • Options
    Brilliant win for Morecambe over Oxford last night. Away to Cambridge on Saturday, a game they'll surely be targeting as they have some tough fixtures to come (plus playing us)
  • Options
    It looks like a battle between them and Gillingham to stay up. Wimbledon really needed 3 points last night.
  • Options
    Crewe Alexandra are the first side in the Football League to be relegated this season
  • Options
    Crewe Alexandra are the first side in the Football League to be relegated this season
    And we lost to them a couple of months back. I think it might have been their only win since the New Year.
  • Options
    I can't believe all of Cambridge,  Accrington and Cheltenham won on the day that we pull off a great win at Rotherham... meaning we move up zero spaces!
  • Options
    Tipped them to be relegated at 3:10PM during our home game against them. One of the worst teams I have seen at The Valley for a while.
  • Options
    Interesting comment by George Elek on Quest, that bad L1 teams tend to really struggle the following season in L2. It's very easy to go down again, as the likes of Southend have shown, while Scunthorpe have had 3 terrible seasons in L2 since relegation from L1.
  • Options
    In that case back Crewe to be League Two champions next season.
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    Rotherham making a proper balls up of this.

Currently losing 3-0 at Portsmouth. Three points behind McDons and now only one game in hand.

MK games:

Sheff Wed (H)
    Oxford (A)
    Morecambe (H)
    Plymouth (A)

Rotherham games:

Ipswich (H)
    Burton (A)
    Oxford (H)
    Sunderland (A)
    Gillingham (A)