Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Has a spelling mistake ever pissed you off

124»

Comments

• Options
    iaitch said:
    Used to be a chippy in Penge that advertised Fish, Chips and Burger's.
    I knew of a place in Thailand called 'Just Pizza'. There was a sign on the window saying 'now selling burgers'.
  • Options
    Not a spelling mistake but getting words mixed up.
    Many years back I was given a very small one line speaking part in a school play, with disastrous consequences.
    You must remember I was a somewhat nervous twelve year old at the time.

”I have come to snatch a kiss and fill your soul with hope.”

I blurted out.

“I have come to kiss your snatch and fill your hole with soap.”

I had a girlfriend who acted, her best mistake was, instead of “Blackfriars Bridge in a fog“, “Blackfriars fridge in a bog“. 
  • Options
    Due to being on the Autistic spectrum I actually genuinely do find bad grammar and punctuation to be truly upsetting. 

I know that it's on me to deal with it and mistakes are going to happen but I do get inordinately annoyed on occasion.
  • Options
    iaitch said:
    Used to be a chippy in Penge that advertised Fish, Chips and Burger's.
    There use to be a tropical fish shop in Southend called Fishy Buisness.
  • Options
    People saying that they 'brought' something when they actually bought it
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Not a misspelling but my favourite website address was when Powergen set up their website for Italy - www.powergenitalia.com.
    don't forget the pen/pencil stationery shop whose website was penisland.com and the website listing agents for actors which was whorepresents.com 
    If I recall correctly, it was the tourist information site for Pen Island, not a stationary shop
    Get him @CafcWest
  • Options
    Not a spelling mistake, but I remember a kebab store in Lewisham where they had a poster for onion rings in the window. There was a white circle in the middle of the poster to write the price and it already had the word ‘Only’ printed, so it would say ‘Only £1’ or whatever the price was.
    Instead the owner has written how many onion rings you got - ‘Only 4’.
  • Options
    Many years back I was given a very small one line speaking part in a school play, with disastrous consequences.

I blurted out.

Heard that joke 50 years ago...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited July 2023

I blurted out.

It was quite possibly me who told it.😀
    Anyway…..I have 7 LOL’s, so that’s 7 people who I gave a bit of a laugh to, I’m happy with that and it’s a nice way to brighten up my day a little bit.
    Incidentally, does the fact the joke is 50 years old make it any less funny……I think not, some jokes are timeless.😖
  • Options

I blurted out.

It was quite possibly me who told it.😀
    Anyway…..I have 7 LOL’s, so that’s 7 people who I gave a bit of a laugh to, I’m happy with that and it’s a nice way to brighten up my day a little bit.
    Incidentally, does the fact the joke is 50 years old make it any less funny……I think not, some jokes are timeless.😖
    I think you’re misinterpreting his comment. He’s not having a go at you, he’s bemoaning how old he is. 
  • Options
    All smelling pistakes upset me all the thyme
    Its only iggerance and lazyness what means people right stuff down all wrong and that
    Their getting it wrong exposes they're failing to care or comprehend
  • Options
    Can you be more pacific?