Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

MK Dons away 17th Feb - Roll call

Comments

• Options
    Guys, can you pay on the day ??
  • Options
    NWCorner said:

Guys, can you pay on the day ??

Yes.

There will be about 20k empty seats to choose from.
  • Options
    Leuth said:

@The31YearMan is going...because it's me! Because it's my 31st birthday! You all have to find me and say nice things even if you hate me

wear this and i'll happily buy you a skinny latte
  • Options
    RH JR and me going.
  • Options
    really should be taking min 1500 to this.
  • Options
    from football ground guide;

Unfortunately, the choice of drinking establishments for away fans near to the ground has become limited. Both the Red Dot bar, attached to the Hilton Doubletree Hotel, at the stadium itself and the nearest pub; the 'Inn on the Lake' (previously called the Beacon), both no longer admit visiting supporters. If you are looking for something to eat as well as a drink, then on the Retail Park surrounding the stadium there is a choice of Nando's, Frankie & Benny's, TGI Friday's and Pizza Express.

If arriving at Bletchley Railway Station then nearby, is the Park Inn and Bletchley Working Mens Club (Saturdays only, see advert below). Just turn left out if the station entrance, then left along the main road. After passing under a railway bridge, you will see both these venues on the right hand side. Please note though it is then a good 35-40 minute walk to the stadium.

Guy Plumb adds; 'There is also Fenny Stratford which is located a mile south of the stadium along Watling Street. Fenny has seven pubs within a five minute walk of each other plus a fish and chip shop'. Caroline Charlesworth a visiting Leicester fan tells me; 'Many Leicester fans headed to Fenny Stratford, as it is about a 20 minute walk from the ground and seems to be the better bet of all the areas around the ground after speaking to others who went elsewhere. We actually caught the train and got off at Fenny Stratford. Right by the station is the ‘The Red Lion’. This is situated in a lovely setting right beside a Canal Lock – nice for those early and end of season days out as they have a decent size garden and plenty of room to stand around outside'.

Mary McConnell a Sheffield United fan informs me; 'I would recommend the Swan Hotel in Fenny Stratford, its on the corner of Watling Street and Simpson Road (this road runs down to the railway station). The locals were friendly and the landlord most accommodating. It has a large car park that accommodated our supporters coach. and part from the usual fayre of drinks, they offered nice fresh rolls, which makes a nice change to the usual chips and a burger that's offered in most places! It's not often that we find somewhere so nice to away supporters but this place couldn't have done more, big thumbs up to The Swan Hotel.' To get to both the Red Lion and Swan Hotel pubs from Fenny Stratford station you need to turn left as you step off the train. Walk down to the level crossing and turn right for The Swan Hotel and left for The Red Lion. Both pubs are just a couple of minutes from the level crossing'. Also in Fenny Stratford on Aylesbury Street (further down on the right from the Fenny Fish & Chip shop) is the Maltsters pub, which welcomes visiting supporters.

Alternatively, it may be an idea instead to drink on the way or in Milton Keynes itself. There are a number of bars located adjacent to the main shopping centre (although many of them do not allow fans in wearing colours), or in walking distance of Milton Keynes Central station. If coming out of the station you go straight up Midsummer Boulevard in front of you, then after around five minutes walk you will find a Wetherspoons outlet located on the left. Inside the stadium, alcohol is available to away fans, these include; Heineken (400ml Bottle £3.50) , Strongbow (500ml Can £3.50), Guinness (520ml Can £3.80), Bulmers (330ml Bottle £3.50), Concrete Cow 'Penny Popper' or Pale Ale (Bottle £3.50), Wine (187ml Miniature Bottle £4).
  • Options
    Going with son and best Charlton mate - new ground for me. The boy has a jet-paced Audi which exerts a certain amount of G-force so hope we get there and back without speeding fines!
  • Options
    We're here. Stadium looks nice and dark.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    addick05 said:

Going with son and best Charlton mate - new ground for me. The boy has a jet-paced Audi which exerts a certain amount of G-force so hope we get there and back without speeding fines!

3 points would be handy.
  • Options

We're here. Stadium looks nice and dark.

You're keen.
  • Options
    Not making it tomorrow but will try and get iFollow to work.

The Wetherspoons near MK station (Midsummer Blvd) is actually better than it looks on the outside.
  • Options
    se9addick said:

The Wetherspoons near MK station (Midsummer Blvd) is actually better than it looks on the outside.

Glad to hear that as that's where my lot are meeting
  • Options
    The Fanackapans will be busy elsewhere tomorrow with family stuff to do as I had banked on the Dons being involved in the Cup.

DOH !
  • Options
    se9addick said:

Good luck with that. It's almost as if the EFL don't want you to use it (when you're living abroad obviously).
  • Options

The Fanackapans will be busy elsewhere tomorrow with family stuff to do as I had banked on the Dons being involved in the Cup.

DOH !

That's a shame as I was going to tell you who our new owners are
  • Options
    According to Google maps it's a 1.5 mile walk from Bletchley to the stadium. 25 mins should do it. And it looks like being dry.
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

According to Google maps it's a 1.5 mile walk from Bletchley to the stadium. 25 mins should do it. And it looks like being dry.

It won't be dry in the pub I'm in I promise you
  • Options

JamesSeed said:

It won't be dry in the pub I'm in I promise you
    A nunber of pubs in Fenny Stratford, about a 25 minute walk to the ground
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Taking my two youngest to this , 6 year old making his away debut
  • Options

Taking my two youngest to this , 6 year old making his away debut

Enjoy mate, think I remember us chatting last time I went there, would have been 2010 (1,616 away fans)
  • Options
    Been three or four times. Last time Watt and Reza upfront under Fraeye and the first appearance of the iconic black and white scarves and spell it out.

Hope I never go again.

Up the Addicks
  • Options

really should be taking min 1500 to this.

Were Charlton thats not what we do
  • Options
    It's a lovely morning here.
    Cab was £8 from MK Central
  • Options

At the stadium already Baldy!? Frankie and Benny's for breakfast?
  • Options

At the stadium already Baldy!? Frankie and Benny's for breakfast?
    No, we're in the hotel.
  • Options
    Here we go.
    Aiming to be in Witherspoon 's Outside Milton Keynes central by 12 o clock.
  • Options
    Waking up to a delightful chorus of birdsong here in Great Brickhill. Time to unwrap my presents, I dare say!
  • Options
    Leuth said:

Waking up to a delightful chorus of birdsong here in Great Brickhill. Time to unwrap my presents, I dare say!

Is it your birthday? You hadn't mentioned it! ;)

Hapoy birthday mate.