Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

the new logo for London 2012 is...

Comments

• Options
    You're not serious are you?
  • Options
    That's as gay as you like, which doesn't surprise me in this day and age.
  • Options
    is this meant ot look like graffiti style writing

got to be a wind up
  • Options
    Crap
  • Options
    i told that zorro either lay off the meths or leave your sword at home...
  • Options
    wtf?
  • Options
    looks like a tag. people doing community service scrub better off trains.
    wonder how much i'm gonna pay in council tax for them to come up with that.
  • Options
    Sadly it's no joke. And to think they've paid for that...

www.london2012.com
  • Options
    Rothko's only kidding, here is the real logo:
  • Options
    That's got to be a wind up hasn't it?

Looks like it was dreamt up in a primary school classroom.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I quite like it, works well on the website, looks good animated.
  • Options
    its awful !
  • Options
    Waste of money rubbish
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]I quite like it, works well on the website, looks good animated.[/quote]

Spin it as much as ypu like Rothko it is horrible. I mean ORANGE. It should be in the colours of GB not fecking orange and not look like something off the side of a Tube train in the sidings.
  • Options
    Team GB 2012 kit announced:
  • Options
    to be fair, whatever logo was unvieled it was bound to come in for some criticism...at least this way, the olympic committee will probably manage to unite the nation...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ledge Knows[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]I quite like it, works well on the website, looks good animated.

Spin it as much as ypu like Rothko it is horrible. I mean ORANGE. It should be in the colours of GB not fecking orange and not look like something off the side of a Tube train in the sidings.

They were never going to be Red, White and Blue, always going to be colours which you'll find in the Olympic rings.

newlogo_390x220.jpg
  • Options
    they are rubbish.

Tho im sure we will get used to the funny little tags and become fond of them? may be..
  • Options
    What the feck was wrong with the other one?

London%202012%20Olympics%20logo.JPG
  • Options
    That is truly terrible.

Since when has any of the Olympic rings been a lary pink colour then Rothko?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    actually the more i see it, the more i laugh !!

some company was paid hundreds of thousands for thiis as well !!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]That is truly terrible.

Since when has any of the Olympic rings been a lary pink colour then Rothko?

Since the Klaxons got involved.
  • Options
    That is the most appaling logo i have ever seen. It's the pinicle of international sports unersially known and loved with a rich history dating back... and we've come up with a sub Children ITV brand and logo

As some one who gets to deal with brand building that there /\/\/\ has cost well over 7 figures to develop and design. It was designed by a 40 year old with no concept for being down with the kids... still at least they didn't spend much money on the accompanying video.

If they wanted a logo that would inspire youngsters, did they not think of having a chat with MTV regarding design & idents???
  • Options
    I wonder how much this pile of crap has cost us in consultants fee's and various meetings so that it doesn't offend anyone?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: CharltonDan[/cite]I wonder how much this pile of crap has cost us in consultants fee's and various meetings so that it doesn't offend anyone?

wait til they come up with the tagline 'you know when you've been tangoed...'
  • Options
    I haven't had the extreme reaction that appears to have been the norm, but the logo is a bit boring and It doesn't seem clear enough to me.

My first glance was that it consisted of a stylised UK map in the top left with the olympic rings top right. Both of which were sitting on top of a funky version of the letter 'R'.
  • Options
    TT
    edited June 2007
    The first of many i imagine... http://i11.tinypic.com/66tt7jr.jpg (Please avoid if easily offended)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: kigelia[/cite]My first glance was that it consisted of a stylised UK map in the top left with the olympic rings top right. Both of which were sitting on top of a funky version of the letter 'R'.
    I have just realised that it is supposed the four chunks are supposed to say 2012, lol! How come there is nothing there to symbolise sport?

Anyway Seb Coe says it's not a logo ....
    [cite]Posted By: Seb Coe[/cite]"It's not a logo, it's a brand that will take us forward for the next five years"
    ... but...
    [cite]Posted By: International Olympic Committee President Jacques Rogge [/cite]"This is a truly innovative brand logo that graphically captures the essence of the London 2012 Olympic Games"

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/other_sports/olympics_2012/6718243.stm
  • Options
    Seems no one like it!

Here's the petition.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LoOkOuT[/cite]Seemsno onelike it!

Here's thepetition.

£400k for that!! I'd have got my 5 yr old to do it for half the price and would probably have been better.......

I was really excited when we won, now I'm absolutely dreading it as its getting more expensive, athlete's villages are being built in Cardiff, the logo is quite frankly sh*t!!

You just know this is going to be hyped up by the Govt. and Red Ken and will turn out to be an utter disaster