Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England Cricket Tour of New Zealand, 2017/18 (with no cricket in 2017)

Comments

• Options

Roy back to his best, one good innings, then return to the usual single digit scores. I honestly don’t know why we persist with him?

Roy's scored just 174 in his last 10 England innings but his most obviously replacement, Hales, hasn't been doing much better with 173 in his last 9 goes. Malan is in better form than either of them but, whilst the team is winning more often than not, he won't be allowed to leapfrog them 'til they have been given more than enough time to fail.
  • Options
    Why did Willey only bowl 5 overs ?
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

Was the batsman Holding?
  • Options
    Australia are 170-4 in their first Test in Durban.
  • Options
    England's next game is Friday night/Saturday 00.30.
  • Options

England's next game is Friday night/Saturday 00.30.

It's not on Friday - it starts at 01.00 Saturday morning ;-)
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

They were saving him for the 'death' overs, but New Zealand didn't get there
  • Options

Australia are 170-4 in their first Test in Durban.

The South Africans really are producing poor Test wickets but then it has been doing them little favours:

Australia 351 all out (M Marsh 96, Maharaj 5-123)
    SA 162 all out ( ABV 71*, Starc 5-34)
  • Options
    Aussie have a very good record in S Africa.
  • Options
    Riviera said:

Aussie have a very good record in S Africa.

In the recent three match series against India the highest score of any innings was 335. The Aussies only surpassed that score today because Starc smashed a quickfire 35.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Anyone know when the dates for the Sri Lanka tour will be released? Really fancy popping over for some of that.
  • Options
    edited March 2018

Anyone know when the dates for the Sri Lanka tour will be released? Really fancy popping over for some of that.

Yes, me too, though I might have to do the ODIs in Kandy due to a business event in November that I ought to attend. This is what I received from Red Dot Tours who organised tickets for me last time I saw England in Sri Lanka.

Test Matches

Galle (6th to 10th November 2018), Kandy (14th to 18th November 2018) and Colombo (23rd to 27th November 2018).

ODIs

Dambulla (10th October 2018), Dambulla (14th October 2018), Kandy (17th October 2018), Kandy (20th October 2018) and Colombo (24th October 2018).

T20

Colombo (27th October 2018).

• Options
    Surely easy enough to just get tickets out there rather than paying a tour company
  • Options
    NZ won the toss and have put us in. Wood for Willey our only change.
  • Options

Yes, me too, though I might have to do the ODIs in Kandy due to a business event in November that I ought to attend. This is what I received from Red Dot Tours who organised tickets for me last time I saw England in Sri Lanka.

Test Matches

Galle (6th to 10th November 2018), Kandy (14th to 18th November 2018) and Colombo (23rd to 27th November 2018).

ODIs

Dambulla (10th October 2018), Dambulla (14th October 2018), Kandy (17th October 2018), Kandy (20th October 2018) and Colombo (24th October 2018).

T20

Colombo (27th October 2018).

No other websites seem to have the finalised dates yet, all stating still tba.

I last went for the Kandy Test in 2003. At that time you could just turn up on the day, pay a ridiculously cheap price and watch the game. I have no idea if it's still the same. Sadly the old jungle-surrounded Kandy ground has gone, replaced by a new stadium half an hour out of town.

Back to today's ODI and England look like posting a pretty low target with the current score 177/5 after 42 overs.
  • Options
    234 all out from the full 50 overs.

England lost four wickets in last three overs.
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    15-1 off 3 overs
    Woakes got the wicket
  • Options
    103-6

Combination of a difficult track, poor batting and excellent bowling from Ali and Rashid who now have 5-28 between them.
  • Options
    97 required off 17 overs with 4 wickets in hand.

Williamson 61*
    Santner 14*
  • Options
    67 off 10 needed
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    56 off 8
  • Options
    45 off 6
  • Options

Should also give a mention to our superb fielding today - not just the four run outs but also the catching was superb.

Ali and Rashid bowled well too and only went for 65 in their 20 overs.

Following those figures in the last ODI, Ali and Rashid have returned 20-2-70-5 in this. Amazing to think that spin is our weakness in Test cricket but a strength in white ball cricket.
  • Options
    Fantastic bit of work from Woakes to run Santner out trying to take a return catch from Williamson ;-)
  • Options
    199-7 from 106-6

Santner out for 41 (54)
    Williamson 91* (126)
  • Options
    34 off 4
  • Options
    25 off 3
  • Options
    Woakes strikes with Southee caught by Stokes

210-8

25 off 16

Williamson 94* (130)
  • Options
    Great over from Woakes

22 off 12
  • Options
    Williamson punches Curran over mid off to reach a magnificent 100 on a very difficult pitch