Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England Cricket Tour of New Zealand, 2017/18 (with no cricket in 2017)

1252627282931»

Comments

• Options

Good start but pretty sure we are going to run out of time.

It's been getting dark over there by around 4.30PM so all they really need do is hang on for another 35 overs and they will be saved by the bad light.

Annoying but we can't complain as two days of the last Test were washed out and we still couldn't hold on for a draw.

45 overs in a day of play??? You sure?
  • Options

Good start but pretty sure we are going to run out of time.

It's been getting dark over there by around 4.30PM so all they really need do is hang on for another 35 overs and they will be saved by the bad light.

Annoying but we can't complain as two days of the last Test were washed out and we still couldn't hold on for a draw.

45 overs in a day of play??? You sure?
    Sorry - bungled the maths there!

They are losing about 90 mins play per day because of bad light so you can knock 25 overs there for a start.

That being the case they will probably only need to survive another 60 overs.
  • Options
    I heard that they lost 30 mins of play yesterday, although I thought it was more going by the number of overs they bowled by the close.
  • Options
    91-4, 37.5 overs

Nicholls 13 c Cook b Anderson
  • Options
    Great catch from Cook. Reckon we can do this. Like what Root’s doing with quick bowling changes.
  • Options
    maybe the worst review yet haha
  • Options
    175/6

de Grandhomme and Sodhi 17 & 11 not out

Leach got Latham out as well for 83
  • Options
    New ball in 4 overs but umpire Bruce Oxenford has called for wha Ian Smith describes as “ his light enhancing glasses “
  • Options
    219-7, 93.2 overs

Wood gets the key wicket of de Grandhomme for 45...

Light is better than it was yesterday... maybe an hour or so of play left.
  • Options
    Had NZ 36-5 in the first innings and 91-4 in the 2nd innings but didn't capitalise. Should've wrapped this test up by now.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    5 overs left and 3 wickets still needed. It ain't gonna happen unfortunately.
  • Options
    That has to be a first - Cook and Root two of three round the bat in helmets. Normally it's newbies that do that job.
  • Options
    Sodhi and Wagner have now faced 250 balls between them.
  • Options
    The stewards have run on the pitch - they think it's all over. But it isn't - there's still 10 minutes to go.
  • Options
    Root gets Wagner caught but he reviews presumably as a stalling tactic.
  • Options
    And that is it folks.
  • Options
    Phillander takes two wickets in the first over of the day so the Aussies are 93-5 chasing 612!
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    Forgive me if I am wrong, but is that 2 wickets with the first two balls of the day in two test matches on the same day?
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

Forgive me if I am wrong, but is that 2 wickets with the first two balls of the day in two test matches on the same day?

Broad's was 1st and 2nd ball.
    Philander's was 1st and 4th.
  • Options
    Phillander has 4-3 this morning

Aussies 100-7
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited April 2018
    Edit: Philander has 3 in 4. Got excited
  • Options
    119 all out. South Africa win by just 492 runs. The final wicket sums up just how pathetic the Aussies have been in this match - run out going for a second!

• Options

119 all out. South Africa win by just 492 runs. The final wicket sums up just how pathetic the Aussies have been in this match - run out going for a second!

It wasn't surprising though.
  • Options

It's a bit of a non match though after what's happened, I imagine the Aussies are just desperate to go home