Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England Cricket Tour of New Zealand, 2017/18 (with no cricket in 2017)

Comments

• Options
    A good recovery, but the usual top order failures. And why is our in form batsman Bairstow at 7?
  • Options
    78-1 Markram proving again that he will be around for a long time to come.
  • Options

To add to Oz woes, Starc ruled out of final test today with a broken leg !

SA bat first and are 47-0

Can't they sandpaper and glue his leg?
  • Options

I was looking again at Cook's yearly batting averages and I did him a disservice. His occasional big knocks make his numbers look respectable.

http://www.howstat.com/cricket/Statistics/Players/PlayerYears.asp?PlayerID=3349

Indeed - 487 runs in two innings. 412 in the other 18.

The worrying thing is that he is now playing not even ultra quick bowling with both feet inside the crease and the bat extended a yard out in front of him. Mind you none of the other top batsmen seemed to commit to getting on the front foot so he isn't unique in that respect.
  • Options
    177-2 off 55 overs Markram 111 no.
  • Options
    Bairstow will never go down as being the most intelligent cricketer in the world, that's for sure.
  • Options
    14-2 both openers gone to Broad and Anderson
  • Options
    edited March 2018
  • Options
    Only Ames Prior and Stewart have more tons as England wicket keeper and Bairstow has has highest average of the lot.
  • Options
    17-3 Taylor gone to Broad. NZ doing an England.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    17/4
  • Options
    17-4 a 3rd for Broad as Nicholls is LBW on review

Only Williamson stopping them from being on the wrong side of our 58
  • Options
    17-4 now some top quality seam bowling this morning from broad, fair play after the issues of Oz
  • Options
    I think that Atherton's point that the dropping of Woakes and Ali proving that no one is incapable of being dropped has potentially galvanised Broad is probably a fair one.
  • Options

I think that Atherton's point that the dropping of Woakes and Ali proving that no one is incapable of being dropped has potentially galvanised Broad is probably a fair one.

Totally agree, really refreshing to see and hopefully continues pick players on form and performance not on a name “ which is obviously difficult when we are out of season, hence why I think Vince is still getting a run in the side” , very much like the current England football team I feel, I can see Ali very much being pushed into the white ball only format like rashid for now and Woakes will be back in the test team when we play back in the UK.
  • Options
    Off to bed now. They'll probably be 250-4 when I wake.
  • Options
    Watling has almost an identical average to Bairstow at 38. Watling bats at 6 and Bairstow at 7. Bairstow has a better average than all of our top six bar Cook and Root. As out tail certainly won't wag very often in the way that it did in this Test so why is he batting at 7?
  • Options

Watling has almost an identical average to Bairstow at 38. Watling bats at 6 and Bairstow at 7. Bairstow has a better average than all of our top six bar Cook and Root. As out tail certainly won't wag very often in the way that it did in this Test so why is he batting at 7?

I does seem square peg in round hole for me I think he should bat at 3 with root at 4 but it almost feels like tradition with the keeper usually batting at 7.

On another note these crocodile tears form Warner are hilarious
  • Options
    David Warner has a ridiculous high-pitched voice.

For anyone who hasn't seen his crocodile-tear filled media conference, here is an interpretation.

https://youtu.be/hSFWgKl-O-A
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Anyone else watching Warner here?

Christ. What a performance
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    Warner asked if hand on heart he can say it was just the 3 of them and nobody else.

Warner's answer is very informative, he completely dodged the question, repeatedly, just repeating he was there to fully take responsibility for his part. Just refused to confirm nobody else was involved.

Will give him some credit though, he's better than Smith at crying on cue!
  • Options
    He's refusing to answer whether anyone else was involved and by implication he is actually saying that others were.
  • Options
    Reckon he's snuck a peeled onion into his top pocket!
  • Options
    He's sorry about the role he's played in this is the stock answer!
  • Options
    How the fuck can this bloke give anyone shite on the pitch with a voice like that, on the field I’ve heard somethings said etc but I would laugh if he started with that high pitched voice, he should get an Oscar for this performance
  • Options
    And then conveniently he is ushered away before being able to answer the key questions - whose idea was it being the most fundamental of them.
  • Options

And then conveniently he is ushered away before being able to answer the key questions - whose idea was it being the most fundamental of them.

The press conference done more harm than good, easy to pick up more we’re involved in this scandal than those three 100%
  • Options

The press conference done more harm than good, easy to pick up more we’re involved in this scandal than those three 100%
    One would think that - unless Warner wanted to implicate others by not answering the question with an emphatic "no". But he wouldn't do that as a damage limit exercise to himself would he? Course he would because he is the sort of person who would.