Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England Cricket Tour of New Zealand, 2017/18 (with no cricket in 2017)

Comments

• Options
    Zzzzzzz

Just get on with root

Partnership 97 off 207 zzzzz

Out

Stokes in - good
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    Riviera said:

50 for Root so he'll be out shortly...

(cough) Ahem!
  • Options
    Dream team in - I hope!
  • Options
    Commentators getting exited

New Zealand right back in it..

300 behind...
  • Options

New Zealand time wasting...

They weren't the only ones. Root & Malan sooooooo slow. Didn't have to smash every ball for 4 or 6, but just up the tempo a bit. We have to bowl them out & on this pitch that will probably take at least 4.5 sessions.

A lead of 380 - 400 would be ok. Also gives NZ a bit of a tempter, although they know they don't have to win but just bat out the overs.
  • Options
    307 ahead with five wickets left at lunch... afternoon session about start, hopefully get 100 more quickly and that gives us four sessions to get 10 wickets to win the test.
  • Options
    Took 93 overs to get them out in the first innings. 120 overs should be enough this time around, with two evening sessions into the mix.
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    352-9 declared. Ninth wicket partnership of 40 helped us from 312-8.

6th wicket, Stokes 12
    7th wicket, Broad 12
    8th wicket, Wood 9
    9th wicket, Bairstow 36
    Leach not out on 14.

New Zealand need 382 to win.
  • Options

New Zealand time wasting...

They weren't the only ones. Root & Malan sooooooo slow. Didn't have to smash every ball for 4 or 6, but just up the tempo a bit. We have to bowl them out & on this pitch that will probably take at least 4.5 sessions.

A lead of 380 - 400 would be ok. Also gives NZ a bit of a tempter, although they know they don't have to win but just bat out the overs.
    NZ need 382 with 4.5 sessions left.

-sigh- Just call me Nostradamus
  • Options
    Let's wait and see how long it takes to bowl them out. I make 4.5 sessions to be 135 overs... :-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Betfair says:

New Zealand ~16.66%
    England ~69%
    Draw ~15%
  • Options
    42/0 off 23 overs bad light stopped play
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    They’ll bowl 98 overs tomorrow but start at usual time ,11.30 pm our time , due to a worry of overnight dew

Edit : and we won’t get 98 overs in because the light will deteriorate too quickly
  • Options
    Draw - nailed on.

Very poor from Root again today, no tons in seven Tests all winter is piss poor.
  • Options

Draw - nailed on.

Very poor from Root again today, no tons in seven Tests all winter is piss poor.

I do get the point and I am sure he too will be disappointed not to be converting some of these 50s.

But when you look at our top order, Root regularly getting 50s but not 100s is hardly the biggest worry right now.
  • Options

Draw - nailed on.

I do get the point and I am sure he too will be disappointed not to be converting some of these 50s.

But when you look at our top order, Root regularly getting 50s but not 100s is hardly the biggest worry right now.
    I'm more concerned about his lack of urgency and understanding of the match/Test position as a captain.
  • Options
    Quiet on here today - i wonder why?

SA ended up 344-6 - leaving Oz just 610 runs behind.
    At the end of play Oz were 88-3 and getting ready to warm up the plane to go home.
    Bye,bye.
  • Options
    Morkel has recovered from his side strain and taken 2 of the 3 wickets.
  • Options

Morkel has recovered from his side strain and taken 2 of the 3 wickets.

Reckon they pumped him full of cortisone to get him out there in his last Test to bowl.

Fuck me, he will be feeling that once the drugs wear off.
  • Options
    im not sure that Cortizone is gonna be enough for a side strain .
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Well that's a start - wicket to Broad with first ball of the day!
  • Options
    Nice start. 42-1
  • Options
    And Williamson goes caught behind 2nd ball of the day!!!!
  • Options
    Wow 42-2! Williamson gone first ball and Broad on a hat trick
  • Options
    10 round the bat and ...........................Boooooooooooooo - no wicket 3rd ball
  • Options
    You just know if roles were reversed we'd never survive today.
    It would be good to finish a bloody awful Test 2017/18 season for England.
  • Options

Draw - nailed on.

I'm more concerned about his lack of urgency and understanding of the match/Test position as a captain.
    absolutely. Root's lack of hundreds is way down the list of issues currently facing the side.

Never thought he should be captain and I stand by that. Admittedly can't see another option which in itself in another huge concern. I think it's going to be a long couple of years following the test side as I think Bayliss will be concentrating on the limited overs sides.
  • Options
    66-3, 30.5 overs

Taylor 13 c Cook b Leach

Leach's first Test wicket is Ross Taylor. :-)
  • Options
    Good start but pretty sure we are going to run out of time.

It's been getting dark over there by around 4.30PM so all they really need do is hang on for another 35 overs and they will be saved by the bad light.

Annoying but we can't complain as two days of the last Test were washed out and we still couldn't hold on for a draw.
  • Options
    “Leach for the stars” rings out from the Barmy Army. Gotta love their inventiveness!