Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England Cricket Tour of New Zealand, 2017/18 (with no cricket in 2017)

Comments

• Options
    They are allegedly the only people (including Lehmann) who knew about the ball tampering.
  • Options
    Renshaw, Burns and Maxwell called up.
  • Options
    Tim Paine will captain - hard enough to keep let alone captain especially when you are only re-establishing yourself in the side.
  • Options

Smith, Warner and Bancroft sent home

Leadership group = also David Warner lol.
  • Options

Warner WAS the leader.
  • Options

Warner WAS the leader.
    An absolute cnut of a human being
  • Options

Warner WAS the leader.
    An absolute cnut of a human being
    He reminds me of Joey Barton. Full of excuses but unable to stop being a bellend of the highest order
  • Options
    Dan Roan asking some serious questions - but not getting a lot of answers !

http://www.bbc.com/sport/cricket/43562872
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Michael Clarke made the point that Coach, asistant and bowling coach would have known.

Also you think the decision was made to doctor the ball without the knowledge of at least one of your quick bowlers. Doubt it.
  • Options
    they've made themselves look even more daft by daring to suggest that Lehmann knew nothing about any of it.
  • Options

Jonathan Agnew reckons that Warner will never play for Australia again. Poor Warner must feel the world is against him - first the opposition players, then the opposition crowd, then his own players and now Cricket Australia.

Couldn't have happened to a nicer bloke.

Not to mention some of his sponsors have started dropping him as well.
  • Options
    Unconfirmed reports from Down Under suggest 12m bans for Smith and Warner and 9m for Bancroft.
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    If Warner isn't going to play for Oz again, then I cant see Smith either.
    Imagine the reception both players , and therefore the team, would get throughout the world - everyone hated them before this happened anyway.
    I would expect CA will want to completely rid themselves of the stain and start again with a new model. Hopefully this will rid them of their childish sledging antics and moaning to Umpires.
  • Options
    Of course we shouldn't forget that the likes of Smith and Warner are still contracted to play in the IPL. It will be interesting to see the reception that some of these will get from the crowd and even their teammates.
  • Options

Of course we shouldn't forget that the likes of Smith and Warner are still contracted to play in the IPL. It will be interesting to see the reception that some of these will get from the crowd and even their teammates.

Neither will play in this years IPL.
  • Options

If Warner isn't going to play for Oz again, then I cant see Smith either.
    Imagine the reception both players , and therefore the team, would get throughout the world - everyone hated them before this happened anyway.
    I would expect CA will want to completely rid themselves of the stain and start again with a new model. Hopefully this will rid them of their childish sledging antics and moaning to Umpires.

Depends what else comes out about it.

Personally i can see more coming out about it and Warner being the main instigator and getting a large part of the blame. I don't think he'll play for them again but Smith i think will be back for the world cup and the Ashes
  • Options
    Riviera said:

Unconfirmed reports from Down Under suggest 12m bans for Smith and Warner and 9m for Bancroft.

Confirmed by Associated Press.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Which is good news because I backed Kohli last night at 12/1 to be top run scorer in the IPL and both would have been major contenders.
  • Options

Which is good news because I backed Kohli last night at 12/1 to be top run scorer in the IPL and both would have been major contenders.
    Wow, that's a good spot. 12/1 - that's a cracker.
  • Options
    Thing is, the IPL have (presumably) already paid out huge sums for the likes of Smith and Warner (isn't he captain of his IPL team too?), that maybe they will be reluctant to release. Although I assume that there would be some sort of contractual release for misdemeanours such as this.
  • Options

Thing is, the IPL have (presumably) already paid out huge sums for the likes of Smith and Warner (isn't he captain of his IPL team too?), that maybe they will be reluctant to release. Although I assume that there would be some sort of contractual release for misdemeanours such as this.

As CfS said, Smith and Warner banned from this years IPL...

http://www.bbc.com/sport/cricket/43565737
  • Options
    CA confirmed that Warner developed the plan and that he won't be considered for future captain. Shame but I think some people would call that karma.
  • Options

Wow, that's a good spot. 12/1 - that's a cracker.
    My son spotted it - he is a trader and likes nothing better than to spot other traders' mistakes!
  • Options
    wmcf123 said:

they've made themselves look even more daft by daring to suggest that Lehmann knew nothing about any of it.

They have but I think we should give CA some credit for 12 months bans of their best two batsmen as they didn't need to do anything - especially when one looks at the previous bans imposed:

Atherton - fined £2,000

Tendulkar - one match ban overturned on appeal and the Indian cricket board refused to accept former England captain Denness as match referee for the third Test and it proceeded but was declared unofficial

Inzamam ul-Haq - banned for four matches

Afridi - banned for two T20 matches

Du Plessis - fined 100% of his match fee and given three penalty points

I would not be surprised if the players don't appeal and the bans aren't, ultimately, cut in half.
  • Options
    Hold on one darn minute. Reading on the BBC, they actually used sandpaper?!?! Actually bloody sandpaper?!?!