Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England Cricket Tour of New Zealand, 2017/18 (with no cricket in 2017)

Comments

• Options
    214-9, 48.2 overs

Southee gone next ball for 10. Sadly no hat trick ball coming up, there was a wide bowled between the two wickets.
  • Options
    Incredible catch from Bairstow in the deep to get that 9th wicket...
  • Options
    223 all out, 49.5 overs
  • Options

Incredible catch from Bairstow in the deep to get that 9th wicket...

Unreal
  • Options
    England 65-0 after 10 overs, chasing 224.
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    100 for Bairstow!

149-0 after 19.4 overs

Bairstow 100 (58)
    Hales 42 (60)
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    155-1, 20.1 overs

Bairstow gone for 104 from 60 balls. He dropped back in his crease and clipped the bail off with toe end of his bat...
  • Options
    177-2, 24.0 overs

Hales out for 61.
  • Options
    192-3, 26.4 overs

Morgan caught on the boundary for 8.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    209-3 off 30 overs

Root 20 (30)
    Stokes 9 (9)
  • Options
    Stokes finishes it with a four and a six.

229-3, 32.4 overs

Bairstow 104 (60)
    Hales 61 (74)
    Root 23 (37) n/o
    Morgan 8 (7)
    Stokes 26 (18) n/o
  • Options
    edited March 2018

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/cricket/cricket-south-africa-officials-caught-posing-with-fans-in-sonny-bill-masks-20180310-p4z3px.html

"Cricket South Africa officials caught posing with fans in Sonny Bill masks"

"The Australian camp had been aware that there were people planning to bring the masks into the venue due to pictures posted of them being made on social media on the eve of the match."

"The Australians asked that security refuse to allow the masks into the venue, not only for the sake of Warner's wife and their children but also in the spirit of the two teams moving beyond the acrimony of the first Test.

Security complied with the request and stopped the spectators in question at the gate, however they were then allowed in after the intervention of CSA officials."
  • Options
    That is six ODI series in a row that we have won.
  • Options
    Great knock by Bairstow that, amazing that he so heavily outscores Hales
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    The things have come out of this series:

(1) Bairstow should give up the gloves (probably to Foakes) in Test cricket and bat in the top 4
    (2) Roy is under massive pressure for his place from Hales
    (3) Woakes has become a world class bowling all rounder
    (4) England have made a mistake in sending Rashid down the white ball route
    (5) We are the best ODI side in the world but, at the pains of repeating myself, need to think a bit more about the match situation in certain games
  • Options
    I think chasing we cab beat anyone, anytime, anywhere.
  • Options
    Riviera said:

Someone once said ‘no one remembers who wins a one day series’
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

Riviera said:

I've said it many times and still do. Just heard the stat on 5Live. There is no way I could name the six!
  • Options
    Riviera said:

MrOneLung said:

Riviera said:

I've said it many times and still do. Just heard the stat on 5Live. There is no way I could name the six!
    The answer is England to all 6 :-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I love playing New Zealand.

I think the two sides feed off eachother and always produce entertaining cricket.

Our series against them in 2015 was one of my favourites in recent memory. The Lord’s test in particular was class.
  • Options

I think the two sides feed off eachother and always produce entertaining cricket.

Our series against them in 2015 was one of my favourites in recent memory. The Lord’s test in particular was class.

Yep - and played in the right spirit too, unlike when anyone plays the Aussies.
  • Options

The things have come out of this series:

(1) Bairstow should give up the gloves (probably to Foakes) in Test cricket and bat in the top 4
    (2) Roy is under massive pressure for his place from Hales
    (3) Woakes has become a world class bowling all rounder
    (4) England have made a mistake in sending Rashid down the white ball route
    (5) We are the best ODI side in the world but, at the pains of repeating myself, need to think a bit more about the match situation in certain games

(1) Wrong - he's a good enough keeper in Tests and, if he's keeping, he shouldn't bat in the top five. A good series opening in white ball cricket shouldn't change the plan for him in Tests.
    (2) Correct (and good).
    (3) Correct.
    (4) Wrong - he's 30 and, in Tests, he has taken 38 wickets at 42. That's nowhere near good enough and certainly not a platform on which to build a Test bowler. It's too late for him to make the grade in Tests, but it's not too late for him to earn a lot of money, play a lot of white ball internationals and become a World Cup winner.
    (5) Wrong - we are good, but we still have to catch up with India and South Africa. We will, but we are not there yet.
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    I think Bairstow should almost certainly be given a go at the top of the order. He's a cracking batsman and a fine outfielder. Yes he's also great behind the stumps but Foakes and even Buttler are more than capable there.

We've been scratching around for a decent opener and number three for years since Strauss and Trott left the team. Bairstow playing in the top three naturally opens the spot for Stokes at six while Ali and the keeper, whoever it may be, can bat at seven and eight.

I'd personally be very happy with a team of Cook, Stoneman, Bairstow, Root, Malan, Stokes, Foakes, Ali, Woakes, Broad, Anderson going into the New Zealand series. Or Cook, Bairstow, Vince if that's your preference. I just don't like Vince at all. :-)
  • Options
    Quite amusing to watch the Aussies squirm at the moment.

Aus 243 all out and SA currently 369-8 from 227-7. ABV 119* and Maharaj 30* off 20 balls - including three consecutive boundaries off Starc.
  • Options
    Four balls after posting that Maharaj is bowled!
  • Options
    382 all out and a lead of 139. Great innings by ABV who is left stranded on 126*
  • Options
    Rabada back to cut down Khawaja at the day's end. SA huge favourites now.

Of course, it's unfair that a team other than Australia has a bowler that good, so Smith's going to get him banned for the last two games for accidentally brushing past him. Pathetic
  • Options

I think Bairstow should almost certainly be given a go at the top of the order. He's a cracking batsman and a fine outfielder. Yes he's also great behind the stumps but Foakes and even Buttler are more than capable there.

We've been scratching around for a decent opener and number three for years since Strauss and Trott left the team. Bairstow playing in the top three naturally opens the spot for Stokes at six while Ali and the keeper, whoever it may be, can bat at seven and eight.

I'd personally be very happy with a team of Cook, Stoneman, Bairstow, Root, Malan, Stokes, Foakes, Ali, Woakes, Broad, Anderson going into the New Zealand series. Or Cook, Bairstow, Vince if that's your preference. I just don't like Vince at all. :-)

Bowling attack looks ordinary . NZ start as favourites, for me
  • Options

Yep - and played in the right spirit too, unlike when anyone plays the Aussies.
    It really gets up the noses of the Aussies that the Kiwis are so "nice"