Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Most disliked people in adverts.

Comments

• Options
    iaitch said:
    You've just given Netflix an idea for a new series.

• Options
    Kevin Bacon, why an American, and those stupid EE ads, remotely shaving a bloke on Snowdonia and a plane landing FFS 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️
  • Options
    Stig said:
    Two adverts that both use the phrase 'like a'. Firstly there's "bingo like a boss". What on earth does this mean? Is your boss out playing bingo all day? I don't think so. Or is the word boss used as an allusion to some sort of winner; someone who's successful and widely admired. In which case it's hardly going to apply to the the smoke-hazed, flabby armed, Les Dawson lookalikes that I've seen going to bingo. It is completely pathetic.

Then there's "brush like a pro" - are there professional tooth brushers then? Or maybe teeth brushers would be a better term, as they'd obviously need to do a lot of them to make ends meet. Perhaps it's some other type of pro. If the latter, I hope I'm brushing like a high-class pro and not one like Open For Business Brenda who hangs around outside the local bingo hall offering dentureless blowies to the old boys for the price of a packet of B&H. Come to think of it, perhaps she's the boss that's mentioned in the first advert. Frightening.
    Tbf Stig - have you seen the price of a packet of B&H these days?!! 
  • Options
    Jo Pickard of Omaze fame.

The most fake smile and annoying voice ever to grace our screens.
  • Options
    That annoying Victoria Plumbing advert, go fuck yourself Laurence LLeylyn Bowyn
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    Stig said:
    Firstly there's "bingo like a boss". What on earth does this mean? Is your boss out playing bingo all day? I don't think so. Or is the word boss used as an allusion to some sort of winner; someone who's successful and widely admired?
    In this context the term 'Boss' is the urban slang version most prevalent in young female circles. It's an abbreviation from 'Lady Boss', basically meaning a successful, going places, financially independently young woman.

Online bingo is aimed at young women, not the grannies. 
  • Options
    Dominos
  • Options
    The teacher in the teacher recruitment adverts 
  • Options
    So. Basically everyone in every ad.  
  • Options
    Stig said:
    Firstly there's "bingo like a boss". What on earth does this mean? Is your boss out playing bingo all day? I don't think so. Or is the word boss used as an allusion to some sort of winner; someone who's successful and widely admired?
    In this context the term 'Boss' is the urban slang version most prevalent in young female circles. It's an abbreviation from 'Lady Boss', basically meaning a successful, going places, financially independently young woman.

Thank you for the explanation. So, someone who's successful, going places and is financially independent is someone who spends their days playing online bingo. I can certainly see the link.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    MrOneLung said:
    The teacher in the teacher recruitment adverts 
    Who leaves work at the same time as his students. LOL.
  • Options
    Yep
  • Options
    Also Eamon and his wife!!!! Aaaarggh
  • Options
    Yep
    Avoid anything but BBC
  • Options
    Another vote for Schofield .
  • Options
    Philip Schofield in anything
    That man makes my skin crawl. 
  • Options
    Macronate said:
    The ‘Stand By Me’ Halifax ad where the suited branch manager is hanging around a street corner watching boys play football before the ball rolls down the pavement to him, he traps it and kicks it back. Get back in branch and serve your customers you weirdo.
    Eltham Branch
    I always watch that add as I can see my old place of work (Allders) in it.
  • Options
    As said before, the yodelling Domino’s ads.

It’s how I imagine the Palace Ultras order a pizza.
  • Options
    yup….

Eamon Holmes’s his awful fecking wife.
    Pip.. Sco

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Go compare and that annoying idiot who did the ASDA's price last year.
  • Options
    Bloody Jet2 song. Really annoying!!!!
  • Options
    Also the Ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh advert. Have to have the mute button on for that.
  • Options
    Stig said:

Appreciate your explanation, but I'm still struggling with it. Having had the misfortune of seeing this ad again tonight it still jarred - both in the sense of being annoying and in the sense of not making sense to me. Firstly, if they're aiming it at young women why is it on Challenge? Thats the ultimate granny channel, nothing for 'young' women there. The ad itself is sandwiched between promotions for Spam and menopause products - nothing for 'young' women there. Then there's the lead character which is an old maid in a paddling pool. Nothing for 'young' women there. 

So obsessed have I become with this assault on my eyes and ears, that I googled it and found that there are more 'bosses'; a middle aged man putting the washing out, a cross-dresser doing the bins and letter day Tammy Wynette character in a hammock. Whatever's going on here I think it's fair to say that it's not aimed at youngsters.

https://www.antidote.co.uk/work/bingo-like-a-boss

Message to self: drop this subject, you're starting to come across like a stereotypical moany old bingo goer.
  • Options

GVC Holdings’ flagship online bingo property Gala Bingo has debuted its new UK-wide digital advertising campaign ‘Bingo like a Boss’.

The digital campaign is fronted by reality TV star Paisley Billings from E4’s ‘Tattoo Fixers’ show, with the aim of showcasing the ‘sassy side of the online bingo community’

Bingo like a Boss’ is Gala Bingo’s first campaign developed under the creative guidance of London advertising agency Antidote, who won GVC’s £13 million valued bingo advertising account at the start of the year.

In its remit as creative lead, Antidote has been tasked with reimagining the Gala Bingo brand for modern audiences.

Running from 24 February to 16 March, the digital campaign will support Gala Bingo’s high coverage daytime TV strategy, in which the online bingo brand maintains sponsorships of ITV’s The Chase and Channel 5’s popular Australian soaps Neighbours and Home and Away.

Karina Adrian, Head of Brand Marketing at Gala Bingo, said: “We wanted to mix up the category and refresh our brand. We are a brand with significant heritage and branding that has stood us in good stead, however, the time felt right to revamp and refresh, bringing us into the roaring 20s. 

“We want to show a younger audience how fun and exhilarating the game can be, showing there is something for everyone. We’re really excited to unleash Gloria on the nation and bring the sass to bingo”

• Options
    This is why the record button was invented. We never watch anything live on TV now, everything is watched via our planner so as soon as the ads come on.......fast forward.  
  • Options

GVC Holdings’ flagship online bingo property Gala Bingo has debuted its new UK-wide digital advertising campaign ‘Bingo like a Boss’.

The digital campaign is fronted by reality TV star Paisley Billings from E4’s ‘Tattoo Fixers’ show, with the aim of showcasing the ‘sassy side of the online bingo community’

‘Bingo like a Boss’ is Gala Bingo’s first campaign developed under the creative guidance of London advertising agency Antidote, who won GVC’s £13 million valued bingo advertising account at the start of the year.

In its remit as creative lead, Antidote has been tasked with reimagining the Gala Bingo brand for modern audiences.

Running from 24 February to 16 March, the digital campaign will support Gala Bingo’s high coverage daytime TV strategy, in which the online bingo brand maintains sponsorships of ITV’s The Chase and Channel 5’s popular Australian soaps Neighbours and Home and Away.

Karina Adrian, Head of Brand Marketing at Gala Bingo, said: “We wanted to mix up the category and refresh our brand. We are a brand with significant heritage and branding that has stood us in good stead, however, the time felt right to revamp and refresh, bringing us into the roaring 20s. 

“We want to show a younger audience how fun and exhilarating the game can be, showing there is something for everyone. We’re really excited to unleash Gloria on the nation and bring the sass to bingo”

Appreciate you taking the time too give a considered response. I'm still not getting it, but then I don't have to.  I'll just content myself that they're not too far away from stereotype as guitar girl there has even borrowed Brenda's dress (above) ;)
  • Options

‘Bingo like a Boss’ is Gala Bingo’s first campaign developed under the creative guidance of London advertising agency Antidote, who won GVC’s £13 million valued bingo advertising account at the start of the year.

C5's Neighbours can't be that popular - as it's been dropped! (In fact it seems without support from a UK channel it is likely the Australians won't be able to continue production at all, which is good.)
  • Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hBC5TVdYT8

Anyone advertising Crypto or NFTs go down in my estimation. 

'Brave' = 'Gullible and willing to gamble your savings away'
  • Options
    I have been listening to the Simon Mayo Drivetime on Greatest Hits Radio but the adverts are bloody annoying! Philip Schofield, of course, and the guy in the "Text Gold" ads who sounds like a speak-your-weight machine. Most annoying are those with people who cannot say words properly. I suppose it is to fit in with the modern fad of trying to sound hip and with-it but the Virgin Broadband ad telling me how much it is per "mumf" and that it is subject to "capaci-ee" just make me want to avoid it.