Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Most disliked people in adverts.

Comments

• Options
    Well I have collated all the comments and the title of the thread is correct. 

Most, disliked people in adverts 
  • Options
    I have been listening to the Simon Mayo Drivetime on Greatest Hits Radio but the adverts are bloody annoying! Philip Schofield, of course, and the guy in the "Text Gold" ads who sounds like a speak-your-weight machine. Most annoying are those with people who cannot say words properly. I suppose it is to fit in with the modern fad of trying to sound hip and with-it but the Virgin Broadband ad telling me how much it is per "mumf" and that it is subject to "capaci-ee" just make me want to avoid it.
    This with knobs on. I’m all for the celebration of regional accents but utterly affected and deliberate mispronunciation is irritating in the extreme.  
  • Options
    … reality TV star Paisley Billings from E4’s ‘Tattoo Fixers’ show…

Who?
  • Options
    I have been listening to the Simon Mayo Drivetime on Greatest Hits Radio but the adverts are bloody annoying! Philip Schofield, of course, and the guy in the "Text Gold" ads who sounds like a speak-your-weight machine. Most annoying are those with people who cannot say words properly. I suppose it is to fit in with the modern fad of trying to sound hip and with-it but the Virgin Broadband ad telling me how much it is per "mumf" and that it is subject to "capaci-ee" just make me want to avoid it.

The dumbing down of this country has occurred at a rate of knots over the last decade.  We'll be slurring and dribbling by 2040.
    They've been doing that at the toolbox since the 60s 
  • Options
    edited February 2022

Sorry if this has been mentioned but I have to get this off my chest.

Been watching More 4 online and can I just say how much I absolutely detest that bloody talking house in the Savills advert which is inexplicably sited on a mythical English railway station from the 1950s and which then starts a romantic conversation with a woman waiting on the station platform while other sad looking characters dug up from some Ealing comedy make nauseating approving expressions in the background.

I realise (of course) it's not a real person but I still hate it on so many levels- the mythology of rural England, the sick notion you can have a romantic relationship with a sodding house and the whole smug middle-class, aspirational, nicey-nicey vibe makes me puke.

It even has wisteria growing up it.

• Options

Sorry if this has been mentioned but I have to get this off my chest.

Been watching More 4 online and can I just say how much I absolutely detest that bloody talking house in the Savills advert which is inexplicably sited on a mythical English railway station from the 1950s and which then starts a romantic conversation with a woman waiting on the station platform while other sad looking characters dug up from some Ealing comedy make nauseating approving expressions in the background.

I realise (of course) it's not a real person but I still hate it on so many levels- the mythology of rural England, the sick notion you can have a romantic relationship with a sodding house and the whole smug middle-class, aspirational, nicey-nicey vibe makes me puke.

It even has wisteria growing up it.

I binge watch four in a bed on all 4, hate the adverts so much I paid the £4 a month to go ad free. 
  • Options
    The only endearing character on TV adverts is the dog putting the fan on for the AA.
  • Options
    Scofield . I Could quite Happily Kung Fu Kick the TV when his mug pops up .
  • Options
    The two blokes in the verisure alarms advert make my teeth itch.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 2022
    The family in the On the beach ad. The mum kicks off a flip flop into a guy's face then bombs into the pool. Then the fat son teases his sister when her ice cream drops on the floor. Surely better not to go on a holiday where families like that might be :)
  • Options
    Anything with Jonathan Ross, or Davina McCall, they would go to the opening of a bag of crisps, if it got their smug phyisogs on the box!!!!
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    The two blokes in the verisure alarms advert make my teeth itch.
    I dont know why, surely it's the kind of natural conversation any mate would have on their first visit to a mates new house, oh no you're right it isn't.  What beats me, is, if the place is in a vipers den for criminals, why on earth any one would move there.
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    This is a great pity, as you are missing out on so much.

For example, you will be unaware that you can register a website domain with GoDaddy for a mere 'nahnahpee'.

Now ... Ray Winstone.  Where was I?
  • Options
    Ant and bloody Dec too. Boris pair of condescending twats. 
    this .. Santander adverts that any self respecting 10 year old would say the 10 year old equivalent of .. G T F .. seems that 99% of adverts assume that 100% of the population have the IQ of an adolescent baked bean
  • Options
    The guy’s voice in the Just Eat adverts. 
  • Options
    Anyone trying to flog their toot by using their adverts make people feel insecure, either by using some sort of pseudoscience or just making shit up. J'accuse those who use FOMO, Noseblind and Housebarrassment to peddle their wares. I'm not naming them, they are beneath contempt.
  • Options
    That fat little dickhead kid in the On The Beach advert. Stop eating ice creams you messy slob.
  • Options
    Stig said:
    Anyone trying to flog their toot by using their adverts make people feel insecure, either by using some sort of pseudoscience or just making shit up. J'accuse those who use FOMO, Noseblind and Housebarrassment to peddle their wares. I'm not naming them, they are beneath contempt.
    First time I heard that Housebarassment one I thought that it was a really shitty thing to do to people who might not have the cash to splash on new stuff. Really shitty. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    A person but I don't know the slimeball's name. Whoever wrote the William Hill Acca Club advert. It's plural isn't it? It's twenty pounds not twenty pound you dipstick. And it's not a club either is it? Twonk.
    It's just another opportunity for the hard of thinking to give even more money to bookmakers.
  • Options
    Chris Kamara - Ladbrokes adverts
    Don't understand what people find so funny about Kamara. 
  • Options
    “is Hello Fresh worth the price?”
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    “is Hello Fresh worth the price?”
    I had a box delivered a couple of weeks ago. Trouble is I hadn't ordered one! Driver came back to collect it the following day. I guess it was probably Hello Stale by the time it got to the address on the label.
  • Options
    the Cinch advert bloke
    You beat me to it. Get a "mow-ah" that is "cer-ain..."

My latest hate is the Experian advert that manages to be doubly annoying It starts with someone singing "hilariously" out of tune to Also Sprach Zarathustra (2001 film theme music), followed by terms and conditions from the usual person that cannot speak English properly.
  • Options
    the Cinch advert bloke

My latest hate is the Experian advert that manages to be doubly annoying It starts with someone singing "hilariously" out of tune to Also Sprach Zarathustra (2001 film theme music), followed by terms and conditions from the usual person that cannot speak English properly.
    Back off @Masterbrew.  You are dissing Rylan ... favourite of the Mums, gay (box ticked) and as cool a dancer as you are ever likely to see not dancing on SCD.  What's not to like?

OK, he may not win 'Mastermind' or have the ability to tie his own shoe laces, but ... reckon with this ....

... in an earlier ad, Rylan disrespects a young lady's boyfriend by suggesting that, although the "bodywork is OK, there's not a lot going on under the bonnet."

Oh, the irony.
  • Options
    Dave Rudd said:
    the Cinch advert bloke

Back off @Masterbrew.  You are dissing Rylan ... favourite of the Mums, gay (box ticked) and as cool a dancer as you are ever likely to see not dancing on SCD.  What's not to like?

OK, he may not win 'Mastermind' or have the ability to tie his own shoe laces, but ... reckon with this ....

... in an earlier ad, Rylan disrespects a young lady's boyfriend by suggesting that, although the "bodywork is OK, there's not a lot going on under the bonnet."

Oh, the irony.
    Oh the shiney white teeth?
  • Options
    Hal1x said:
    Dave Rudd said:
    the Cinch advert bloke

Oh, the irony.
    The worse thing is that Cinch now sponsor the England cricket team.

John Arlott, Brian Johnson, Bill Frindall etc would turn in their respective graves.
  • Options
    Dave Rudd said:
    Hal1x said:
    Dave Rudd said:
    the Cinch advert bloke

Oh, the irony.

John Arlott, Brian Johnson, Bill Frindall etc would turn in their respective graves.
    You mean “respec-ive” graves mate.  
  • Options
    Dave Rudd said:
    Hal1x said:
    Dave Rudd said:
    the Cinch advert bloke

Oh, the irony.

You mean “respec-ive” graves mate.  
    Yor 'avin' a laaawff.

Muppit.