Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Old Charlton related photos

Comments

• Options
    edited July 2020
    Kids, 

When old fans go on about the good old days this was the reality.

The men's toilets at the Valley

y
    I am pretty certain those are the toilets at the Sam Bartram entrance.....behind the old scoreboard.

I see now that several other posters have already confirmed that.
  • Options
    What a shit day that was!  Right up there.
  • Options

Pre match Derby at Upton Park 91 
  • Options

The Valley August 1993. USA International  Paul Calighri on trial vs Southampton reserves 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Watford away 1991 
  • Options

Ipswich 1991 at Selhurst Park 
  • Options
    First game back home. 5th December 1992 
  • Options
    As always, great to see your pictures - I was at all of these (including, I think, Southampton reserve game - this would have been one of my last games as a "regular" - games have been pretty sporadic since).
  • Options
    As always, great to see your pictures - I was at all of these (including, I think, Southampton reserve game - this would have been one of my last games as a "regular" - games have been pretty sporadic since).
    Thanks! Like you was at all these game but can’t take the credit for the photos. All my dads work. Some great times
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

May 91 Plymouth away. Lennie Lawrence last game in charge as Manager 
    @Tavern isn’t this the game we hired a minibus and stayed down there for the weekend?
  • Options

May 91 Plymouth away. Lennie Lawrence last game in charge as Manager 

A young Lewis in that photo and i think airmans brother too.
  • Options
    Bournemouth away August 89 Pre season friendly 
  • Options
    Wolves away 91
    Wow! Makes you realise how delapidated grounds were when you compare them with the new stadiums.

Were the 2 other stands behind the goal and on the left closed?

• Options
    Wolves away 91
    Wow! Makes you realise how delapidated grounds were when you compare them with the new stadiums.

Were the 2 other stands behind the goal and on the closed?      Yes only a 2 sided ground at the time 
  • Options
    Molineux is a really interesting ground to do some research on, principally because of the way they shifted the old stadium. The pictures above show this brilliantly.

On a side (but connected) note, if I were a Spurs fan it would really piss me off that their ground is never referred to as White Hart Lane. It's as much White Hart Lane as Molineaux is still Molineaux.   
  • Options
    I wonder if these two are still Addickted , Lucas McDaid aged 9 and Peter Loveridge 12.

For a small fee we can remove these pictures , contact the museum  ;)
  • Options
    Class picks Amos, keep ‘em coming!
  • Options
    I recognise Pete Loveridge.
    I used to work with his sister Natalie.