Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Old Charlton related photos

Comments

• Options
    I wonder if these two are still Addickted , Lucas McDaid aged 9 and Peter Loveridge 12.

For a small fee we can remove these pictures , contact the museum  ;)
    Pete’s no longer with us sadly
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    I wonder if these two are still Addickted , Lucas McDaid aged 9 and Peter Loveridge 12.

So sad to hear that , RIP Peter
  • Options

Yes, I thought so and some time ago as well, but I wasn't certain and didn't want to put my foot in it.
    RIP Pete, he used to stand behind me at Selhurst on the Arthur Waite.
  • Options
    August 1987 pre season friendly vs Pisa at Selhurst Park 
    Am I imagining it or did they have Dunga playing for them ??  I'm sure we played a friendly/pre season & he played
  • Options
    Am I imagining it or did they have Dunga playing for them ??  I'm sure we played a friendly/pre season & he played
    Correct
  • Options
    Class picks Amos, keep ‘em coming!
    Will dig out come more from my dads house and post more up soon. 
  • Options
    Absolutely love this thread. 
    So many memories 
  • Options
    Part of me is very glad there were no camera phones in the 90s, but im gutted I don’t have any photos of my crowd that era
  • Options
    Part of me is very glad there were no camera phones in the 90s, but im gutted I don’t have any photos of my crowd that era
    At least your always remember my boat mate.
    @fog horn dont look much different.
    Was thinking earlier it's a shame not many photos from the younger days.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Paul Elliot (the real one, not the ESI version) was playing for Pisa, think you can spot him in those photos.
  • Options
    Paul Elliot (the real one, not the ESI version) was playing for Pisa, think you can spot him in those photos.
    Paul Elliot (not the ESI one) Marking Garth Crooks 
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    I was reading only the other day how they dug a new tunnel from Greenwich station which meant they had to move the bodies in the naval cemetery (to the little park at westcombe park). 

Keep those maps coming. Love old maps as well as photographs.
    Do you mean the one on Chevening Road?  There's the grave there of someone from Trafalgar.
  • Options
    Paul Elliot (not the ESI one) Marking Garth Crooks 
    Are you sure you have that right  because a section of our esteemed national press think the Paul Elliott in the above picture is a small time businessman and sneak thief from Manchester?
  • Options
    Leicester away 1987
    was this the 2-1 win game.....I thought we were in a side stand down near the corner flag?
  • Options
    Portsmouth at Upton Park 1991 
    Back in the days when there were so few of us we knew everyone :smile: Im in this photo with a few people who Ive now lost touch with. I met most of them at Selhurst and we travelled together for a few years.
  • Options
    cabbles said:
    Liverpool at Selhurst Park August 1988
    This was my earliest memory of supporting Charlton 

my dad had taken me to a few games prior, both home and away, but this one sticks out in the memory.  

The other game I remember well from that season is beating Derby in the penultimate game 3-0 to stay up 

these are all great photos 
    I was at most of the photos here from Amos. I remember that Derby game really well as it was on my birthday....happy days in some ways, sad in others......the cup game at night against I think Leicester? in the fog, couldnt see the goal at the Holmesdale from the Sainsburys end....tiny crowd too....I just happened to be working in Croydon at the time 
  • Options
    Full Members Cup Final Wembley 87
    just 12,000 of us at this one...forgetable day really it was bloody freezing for late March
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    I was reading only the other day how they dug a new tunnel from Greenwich station which meant they had to move the bodies in the naval cemetery (to the little park at westcombe park). 

Keep those maps coming. Love old maps as well as photographs.
    Do you mean the one on Chevening Road?  There's the grave there of someone from Trafalgar.
    Yep, that's the one.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/East_Greenwich_Pleasaunce
  • Options
    As always, great to see your pictures - I was at all of these (including, I think, Southampton reserve game - this would have been one of my last games as a "regular" - games have been pretty sporadic since).
    Thanks! Like you was at all these game but can’t take the credit for the photos. All my dads work. Some great times
    Brilliant photos mate, thank you for posting, some lovely memories.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Yes brilliant thread. So evocative and the photos define why I have always supported Charlton. Blimey  how time flies eh? So many memories here. Never took a camera to matches. Do though remember taking one to the stoke match for the final game at the valle. Photos will be at my mum's amongst thousands of family photos. Next time I visit her I will try and dig them out.
  • Options
    Great thread.  Just looking at thd grounds brings back memories and convinces me the best days for domestic English football are long gone.
  • Options
    TEL said:
    Leicester away 1987
    was this the 2-1 win game.....I thought we were in a side stand down near the corner flag?
    No it was a dreadful 1 0 defeat. I think we did also have some of the seats for this as well as the side part of the terrace
  • Options
    Great thread.  Just looking at thd grounds brings back memories and convinces me the best days for domestic English football are long gone.
    We were standing behind iron fences to watch the games, the grounds were shitholes and, sadly, literally death traps, plus hooliganism was part and parcel of the game. Best days of English football ?
  • Options
    We were standing behind iron fences to watch the games, the grounds were shitholes and, sadly, literally death traps, plus hooliganism was part and parcel of the game. Best days of English football ?
    You didn't need to remortgage your house for a season ticket though
  • Options
    TEL said:
    As always, great to see your pictures - I was at all of these (including, I think, Southampton reserve game - this would have been one of my last games as a "regular" - games have been pretty sporadic since).
    Thanks! Like you was at all these game but can’t take the credit for the photos. All my dads work. Some great times
    Brilliant photos mate, thank you for posting, some lovely memories.
    Thanks Tel! Great memories from a brilliant era mate 
  • Options
    Thanks for sharing these Amos. I think I spotted myself as a tiny ball boy.
  • Options
    Have you been to the doctor about that tiny ball?
  • Options
    100%