Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ant McPartlin arrested

Comments

• Options
    Defo should have got community service.
  • Options
    Pathetic sentence - can't say I'm surprised.
  • Options
    Apparently earns £150,000 a week so the fine is meaningless yes.
  • Options
    Curb_It said:

Has to pay tax and agents fees on that
  • Options
    Curb_It said:

It's not the fine It's the fact that he's banned for such a short period of time and that a more severe sentence wasn't available.

Driving offences are not taken seriously it seems?

I'm really sick to death of him and his lawyer bleating on about his problems. Nobody forced him to drive while over the limit and he had no reason to do so. I wonder how long he'd been doing this?

If he'd killed someone I'm sure even then the focus would have been on his problems.

• Options
    How many of us are surprised?
  • Options
    If he had got breathed at a standard check, fair enough, but the fact that he caused an accident while under the influence and twice the legal limit, I think he's well and truly got away with that
  • Options
    It may not be much compared to what he is on.

But its the highest fine ever given for drink driving.

How many times has a footballer got a lesser fine.

George Michael after his 7th incident was sentenced to 4 weeks and only £1,250 for drug driving.

In comparrison 86k is lot
  • Options
    Hope that means the wee Geordie chucklemaster is back on our screens soon... AAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!
  • Options

George Michael after his 7th incident was sentenced to 4 weeks and only £1,250 for drug driving.

I thought fines are calculated on peoples income / worth?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

If he had got breathed at a standard check, fair enough, but the fact that he caused an accident while under the influence and twice the legal limit, I think he's well and truly got away with that

One law for the rich.....................................................
  • Options

Curb_It said:

It's not the fine It's the fact that he's banned for such a short period of time and that a more severe sentence wasn't available.

I'm really sick to death of him and his lawyer bleating on about his problems. Nobody forced him to drive while over the limit and he had no reason to do so. I wonder how long he'd been doing this?

If he'd killed someone I'm sure even then the focus would have been on his problems.

magistrate court can give up to 6 months inside or refer it to crown if they think longer is warranted.

could have given him a longer ban an community service on top of his fine if they had wanted to.
  • Options

I thought fines are calculated on peoples income / worth?
    Think the law only changed a few years back.
  • Options
    Surely if you want to stop people drinking and driving you have to give custodial sentences in these situations - a month or two at least. At least when they are so far over the limit.
  • Options
    I believe the new fines are based on weekly earnings rather than net worth (175% of net income?).

I don't think custodial is appropriate as just spending more tax payers money. A much longer ban and community service I think is probably better in this instance and specific medical help, at his own cost, to curb his addiction/drinking/problems etc whatever they may be.

Did anyone else think it odd his mum was in the car with him, was she drunk also? I can only imagine if I got in a car drunk with my late mother, firstly after taking the keys off me I suspect a large slap around the back of the head would have happened along with 'that look' that only mothers can give as she sent me indoors with my tail between my legs.......
  • Options
    I wonder what Tony Adams thinks of the sentence...
  • Options

Curb_It said:

magistrate court can give up to 6 months inside or refer it to crown if they think longer is warranted.

could have given him a longer ban an community service on top of his fine if they had wanted to.
    The fine is meaningless so why on earth didn't he get a meaningful sentence? It does suggest that driving offences aren't taken seriously and that possibly his celebrity status got him special treatment?

It would have really sent out a strong message re drink driving if he'd gone to jail. I imagine he'll soon be back on our screens doing his dated 'cheeky chappy' act.

I have sympathy for people with mental health problems but you can't use this as an excuse to drink drive and endanger others. He's not a gormless teenager....
  • Options
    Just a mild inconvenience to someone in his position.

Not a deterrent.

If he had any bollocks about him, he’d anonymously double up that fine and donate it to a relevant charity.
  • Options
    Macronate said:

Not a deterrent.

If he had any bollocks about him, he’d anonymously double up that fine and donate it to a relevant charity.

Beat me to it
  • Options
    McPartlin's driving ban can be reduced to 15 months if he completes a drink drive referral programme by mid-May 2019.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited April 2018
    WTF is this thread about a total loser higher than the takeover and other CAFC topics. SINK!!!!!
  • Options

WTF is this thread about a total loser higher than the takeover and other CAFC topics. SINK!!!!!

JUST don’t Open IT!!!!
  • Options
    Macronate said:

Not a deterrent.

How do you know he hasnt haha :wink:
  • Options

Adams was more than FOUR times the limit though, so more than double what Ant was.
  • Options
    clb74 said:

Curb_It said:

Has to pay tax and agents fees on that
    Oh of course! Poor lamb...
  • Options

Adams was more than FOUR times the limit though, so more than double what Ant was.
    And back then the limit was higher I believe!
  • Options

Curb_It said:

The fine is meaningless so why on earth didn't he get a meaningful sentence? It does suggest that driving offences aren't taken seriously and that possibly his celebrity status got him special treatment?

It would have really sent out a strong message re drink driving if he'd gone to jail. I imagine he'll soon be back on our screens doing his dated 'cheeky chappy' act.

I have sympathy for people with mental health problems but you can't use this as an excuse to drink drive and endanger others. He's not a gormless teenager....
    Our law is not really designed to "send out a strong message" even of someone is in the public domain. The central principle is that the law treats people equally. The Magistrate will have followed the sentencing guidelines as laid down. They are bound to do that too.
  • Options
    Wasnt the last record holder for the biggest drink driving fine Yaya Toure? Fined 50k i think