Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

***UPBEATS DAY - TODAY***(Walkers - additional info on Page 4)

Comments

• Sorry I can't do the walk but have made a small donation. Good luck to you all.
  • In case you missed it, here is a song for the Charlton Upbeats.

http://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/81121/the-upbeat-kids

Proceeds from downloads will go to the lads

• BUMP...

Just 18 days now to the big day. Who else can we convince to join the following on a gentle amber through the paved-in-gold-streets of South London in aid of a great cause?

AFKA
    TCE
    Dave Mehmet
    Big in Brasov
    Curb It
    3Blokes
    Alwasneil
    Cabbles
    Suzisasage
    Les Says
    Onlyme
    guinnessaddick
    _nam11
    foresthillred
    Swisdom
    Tavern
    HarryAMuse
    Kimbo

Come on, who else wishes to join the band of merry men and women? Long-term forecast is for sunshine and @DaveMehmet buying a round :-)

I'm there again this year.
  • Nice one Stubbers
  • I am in and Redman, plus two other fellow addicks! Great day last year and for a wonderful cause.
  • edited March 2018
    Keen to do this. Would be good to finally put some faces to user names but wondering about the logistics. Either drive to my usual spot then find a way to get to sparrows lane in order to have my car available for the journey home or assume there will be beer involved and hitch a lift home (doable) or do the whole caboodle by public transport. Which is a long way of asking how to get from Dartford to Sparrows lane by public transport as I’ve never been there?
  • Keen to do this. Would be good to finally put some faces to user names but wondering about the logistics. Either drive to my usual spot then find a way to get to sparrows lane in order to have my car available for the journey home or assume there will be beer involved and hitch a lift home (doable) or do the whole caboodle by public transport. Which is a long way of asking how to get from Dartford to Sparrows lane by public transport as I’ve never been there?

Train to New Eltham. ;)

• T_C_E said:

Keen to do this. Would be good to finally put some faces to user names but wondering about the logistics. Either drive to my usual spot then find a way to get to sparrows lane in order to have my car available for the journey home or assume there will be beer involved and hitch a lift home (doable) or do the whole caboodle by public transport. Which is a long way of asking how to get from Dartford to Sparrows lane by public transport as I’ve never been there?

Train to New Eltham. ;)

Cheers. For some amazingly stupid reason (old age or infirmity - take your pick) I hadn’t realised that’s where it was.
  • T_C_E said:

Train to New Eltham. ;)

Cheers. For some amazingly stupid reason (old age or infirmity - take your pick) I hadn’t realised that’s where it was.
    I'm resisting the temptation of a cheap gag, "nah feck it"
    Who's a @Sillybilly ? ;)
  • edited March 2018
    Phnarr phnarr.

You bringing the dogs @TCE? Would be good to finally see them in the flesh. I’d bring mine but wouldn’t be able to stay for the match so won’t be unfortunately.
  • Sponsored links:

• Phnarr phnarr.

You bringing the dogs @TCE? Would be good to finally see them in the flesh. I’d bring mine but wouldn’t be able to stay for the match so won’t be unfortunately.

Yes, they will be there. Assuming of course I can sneak them past security this time. Got spotted last time and thrown out, all a misunderstanding of course. ;)
  • Ok. I’m in and have registered. Look forward to seeing you all.
  • Welcome to the club @Sillybilly look forward to putting a face to the name
  • edited March 2018
    I shall be there, looking forward to another great day. Hopefully I'll be able to make the mic KP proof this year!!!
  • Hope so. Managed to get a flight back from holiday with Rol for the Friday, will be there Saturday and looking forward to it.
  • So just TEN DAYS to go until the special day. It feels like a positive wave has flooded the Valley over the last couple of games and hopefully that will be extended to this next one.

Come on, who can we tempt to make a day of it and join our walking army? You know you want to!

AFKA
    TCE
    Dave Mehmet
    Big in Brasov
    Curb It
    3Blokes
    Alwasneil
    Cabbles
    Suzisasage
    Les Says
    Onlyme
    guinnessaddick
    _nam11
    foresthillred
    Swisdom
    Tavern
    HarryAMuse
    Kimbo
    Large?
    Stubley
    Eynsford
    Redman
    Sillybilly
    KillersBeard
  • To register for the walk please continue through to the link

http://www.cact.org.uk/upbeats-walk

Whether you are doing the walk or not, if you wish to assist in making a donation, or circulate amongst friends and family for fundraising, our Justgiving page to support is

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/charltonlife-upbeats2018
  • Massive thanks to @bobmunro @cabbles @Pico @_nam11 chris Mitchell and others for your amazing generosity

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/charltonlife-upbeats2018
  • I was told on Monday the route is slightly different this year and does take in a bit of the river. I’ll post up more details later today / tomorrow
  • I was told on Monday the route is slightly different this year and does take in a bit of the river. I’ll post up more details later today / tomorrow

Won't we get wet?
  • Sponsored links:

• I'm all signed up.
  • I'm doing it again, can't wait!
  • Has anyone tried to order the tickets yet from the link sent? I see it automatically adds my details but I cant work out how to add my walking partner as they don't have a log on for the site. Does it mean we have to order separately?

Which I don't mind but..
  • Where's Footscray rd, is the turning at the top of Eltham High St?
  • Walk has been routed to show where the proposed new stadium will be located on the peninsular. :-0
  • Carl and I are in. Great day supporting the lovely Upbeats and look forward to seeing you all.
  • Three more joining our happy throng yesterday, can we get three more lifers today???

AFKA
    TCE
    Dave Mehmet
    Big in Brasov
    Curb It
    3Blokes
    Alwasneil
    Cabbles
    Suzisasage
    Les Says
    Onlyme
    guinnessaddick
    _nam11
    foresthillred
    Swisdom
    Tavern
    HarryAMuse
    Kimbo
    Large?
    Stubley
    Eynsford
    Redman
    Sillybilly
    KillersBeard
    Dippenhall
    Afternoon Delight
    Tracey
  • Are we all gonna wear something in our lapels so that we recognise each other?