Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

***UPBEATS DAY - TODAY***(Walkers - additional info on Page 4)

Comments

• We use @T_C_E s dogs as a general meeting point for anyone on here that wants to walk together, say hello.

We’ll try and get a team pic at one of the stops
  • We use @T_C_E s dogs as a general meeting point for anyone on here that wants to walk together, say hello.

Excellent. Cheers. Seeking out @TCE was going to be my default tactic in any case.
  • Son and I signed up today so that 2 of the daily 3 target

Just so you can all laugh at my rascal clobber, I don’t think so! ;)
  • Are we all gonna wear something in our lapels so that we recognise each other? </blockquote
    CL Badges?

• Many thanks to @Curb_It @Tavern @Er_Be_Ab_Pl_Wo_Wo_Ch and Marion for your kind donations
  • Lovely pics @T_C_E!

Circuitous looking route - certainly a grand tour of the peninsula! And @SE7toSG3 even gets to nip into The Anchor for his usual whelks and pint.

Great effort, everyone - Will cough up some sponsorship. One of these years I'll make the actual walk.
  • I'm all signed up.

Good man dip, be good to see you again
  • Sponsored links:

• cabbles said:

I'm all signed up.

Good man dip, be good to see you again
    And dont forget it's my round!
  • I'm in, enjoyed it last year and the route looks better this year too.
  • Looking forward to it. Think I’ve only met a couple of you on here so would be good to say hello!

New start off point, is just round corner, does that make it easier for you Ray (re dogs?)
  • Will be there again this year. Looking forward to it.
  • _nam11 said:

Looking forward to it. Think I’ve only met a couple of you on here so would be good to say hello!

New start off point, is just round corner, does that make it easier for you Ray (re dogs?)

Nope, haven't a clue :(
  • I have registered and rec'd the email about about the start. Having not done one before can the regulars please advise.
    The email says 8am. Is this a meet time or set off time?
    What are plans for refreshment stop or even more important loo stops!
  • redman said:

I have registered and rec'd the email about about the start. Having not done one before can the regulars please advise.
    The email says 8am. Is this a meet time or set off time?
    What are plans for refreshment stop or even more important loo stops!

That’s the meet time, normally tea & coffee beforehand along with pastries.
    Normally stop at the fox under the hill for a pit stop.
  • Weather’s meant to be okay I think according to my ever reliable iPhone weather app :-)
  • For Guinnessaddick - the last group leaves at 9am - I'm coming from Guildford so my train doesn't get into New Eltham until 825ish - I'd be hoping that not everyone has left by the time I start - last year it was definitely after 9am that the last group left
  • Last year the start was from sparrows lane on club ground? I don’t have any idea what is at the foots cray road start. Hopefully someone can explain what’s going on.
  • Sponsored links:

• T_C_E said:

We use @T_C_E s dogs as a general meeting point for anyone on here that wants to walk together, say hello.

Just so you can all laugh at my rascal clobber, I don’t think so! ;)
    Ha ha, sounds a good plan, I just hope there is not another bloke walking his two dogs round nearby, because he’ll be wondering why he’s being followed home by a shuffling band of thirty people asking him where the effing coffee and pastries are! :wink:
  • Just FOUR days now to the walk!!

The weather forecast is currently for a sunny day rising to 17 degrees, so you can't plan a nicer day to do it.

Getting close to last call time....Who else fancies joining the 30+ merry band below and participating in this super event??????

AFKA
    TCE
    Dave Mehmet
    Big in Brasov
    Curb It
    3Blokes
    Alwasneil
    Cabbles
    Suzisasage
    Les Says
    Onlyme
    guinnessaddick
    _nam11
    foresthillred
    Swisdom
    Tavern
    HarryAMuse
    Kimbo
    Large?
    Stubley
    Eynsford
    Redman
    Sillybilly
    KillersBeard
    Dippenhall
    Afternoon Delight
    Tracey
    SE7toSG3
    RedArmySE7
    MartinCAFC
    redman
    alburyaddick

To sign up, follow the 'sign up now' link in the below:

http://www.cact.org.uk/upbeats-walk
  • Many thanks to @eaststandmike @bc_addick @Badger Paul Birks, @Bromley Graham Neil Bowden, Lennox Bartley, Michael Milne for your generosity.

We are at 58% of our CL fundraising target, and just shy of the £3k mark. If any kind person would like to sponsor us and help get us over that mark, it would be greatly appreciated

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/charltonlife-upbeats2018
  • clive said:
    Just watched this... Damned impressive, can imagine that Jake and Josh werent holding back themselves!!
  • thanks to @Red Riding Hoodie, @CAFCBourne and Ian Hartley for your generosity. Much appreciated.

We are up to 62% of our target now

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/charltonlife-upbeats2018

WALKERS - I'll provide some additional info regarding the meet, walk, parking, post-walk etc later
  • edited April 2018
    I am unable to take part in the walk this year due to it clashing with another event (dog show). I have been in touch with my usual sponsors, and they have agreed to donate the same amount as last year to this great cause, . When I have a final total I will put it on the just giving page. Have a great day all the walkers, I am gutted not to be able to take part this year.