Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Chris Powell - Australian consortium's first choice as manager

Comments

• Options
    edited March 2018

Aussies 3 months too late. SCP has been on the sidelines for over a year so if he IS/WAS their first choice then they had plenty of opportunities to line him up before now. No way would I want him to ditch Southend now & wouldn't even want him to have to decide on the issue.

Schoolboy error....

more likely they approached him but it dragged on and on and on and in the end he had a decision to make. Southend or hold on for a job that may never materialise. The rest is history as they say.

Oops, just seen AB beat me to it.

• Options
    Dannoo_86 said:

SCP and Yann, I can see it now..

Powell as gaffer

assisted by Jacko, Kermorgant and Bowyer

• Options

scp left under shit circumstances, but if he was to return i think fans would expect immediate success - not gonna happen, we need a complete rebuild imo.

I agree, but I think he would have been the ideal man for that. He has such a bank of goodwill that supporters would be far more patient with him.
  • Options
    A return of SCP with Jacko as his assistant. Sign up Yann. Then rebuild like before with only players he wants. Back in the Championship with even just the hope of EPL. Happy days.
  • Options
    Yann is ready to hang up his boots, him and Jacko will be retiring at the same time interestingly.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Aussies 3 months too late. SCP has been on the sidelines for over a year so if he IS/WAS their first choice then they had plenty of opportunities to line him up before now. No way would I want him to ditch Southend now & wouldn't even want him to have to decide on the issue.

Schoolboy error....

Beautiful tee shot Golfaddick.
    They could have put Chris Powell on a retainer if he was their main man before he went to Southend.
    Now Golfaddick hit your fairway shot short of the bunkers.
    "FORE"!!
  • Options

Yann is ready to hang up his boots, him and Jacko will be retiring at the same time interestingly.

Yann’s signed on for another season at reading.
  • Options
    Plus yann has said he doesn’t want to stay in football and go into investment banking.
  • Options

Yann’s signed on for another season at reading.
    Hadn't realised that. It's not been such a good season for him compared with last year, only 1 goal so far in 19 appearances though he does contribute a lot elsewhere
  • Options
    edited March 2018

Schoolboy error....

Beautiful tee shot Golfaddick.
    They could have put Chris Powell on a retainer if he was their main man before he went to Southend.
    Now Golfaddick hit your fairway shot short of the bunkers.
    "FORE"!!
    Not sure that would have been wise with another bidder. The other bidder probably made this drag out longer than it should have. Maybe Powell can say something about how much he loves Charlton with us being his favourite club, and get the Shrimpers fans against him!
  • Options
    buckshee said:

As much as I’d love to see him back I feel that Chris is a man of such high morals that he wouldn’t leave Southend so soon after joining them.

I have to agree, as much as I love him to death, it's the calibre of the man and one of the reasons he's so popular that would mean he would be unlikely to return right now. But never say never...... I could imagine he may want to, and might ask Southend for permission to talk, but you just know if they said no he'd buckle down and continue to work really hard at Southend, no fuss, no bull, no 301 press conferences........

Come back Chris......... :smiley:
  • Options
    Mind you if the club were approached with an offer for him?
  • Options
    That's a great bit of spin from whoever it is briefing Cawley. If they actually know anything about the alleged next owners, whispering SCP's name will get legions of Addicks on-side, regardless if there's anything in it.
    For my twopenneth, SCP's got too much about him to bail on Southend this early. His roots there are deeper even than his ties to SE7. He put up with roly's chicanery for longer than he needed to. He is a man of honour. He'll leave Roots Hall at some point of course and he'll not turn down the chance to move up to a higher level, but Charlton this week is the wrong club at the wrong time.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Other site saying it’s fake news put out by Karl Robinson as “a bit of banter”.
  • Options

Other site saying it’s fake news put out by Karl Robinson as “a bit of banter”.

What's it got to do with Robinson?
  • Options

I'll never forgive RD for what he did to SCP. He was never given a fair crack at the whip and though some disputed it at the time, the evidence is now clear of the extent to which his job was made untenable.

As far as I am concerned the man is a living legend and him being part of the club again would restore a lot of what we have lost over the last few years. I would love for him to come back some time and finish what he started, whenever that may be.

I can't understand things like "I will never forgive RD" for such and such.

That would indicate you at one point warmed to it. and it let you down.

I've mostly always knew he was a bafoon where a large part of his brain isn't switched on. He is certainly not suited towards our sport. Weirdo with a sad disposable mindset.

Also, we won't ever be hearing from him again...which is most likely starting from next week.

He is nothing.
  • Options
    His comment that we are still in a "great position" and there is a "massive possibility" we can still get promoted is a somewhat exaggeration designed, I would suggest, so he can say that he left us in that good position IF we do get promoted and if we don't, that it's not his fault that whoever takes over didn't complete the job.

In case you've forgotten Karl, under you, we have picked up just six points from the last 24 and there was no sign whatsoever that we were set to make the play offs let alone get promoted.
  • Options

His comment that we are still in a "great position" and there is a "massive possibility" we can still get promoted is a somewhat exaggeration designed, I would suggest, so he can say that he left us in that good position IF we do get promoted and if we don't, that it's not his fault that whoever takes over didn't complete the job.

In case you've forgotten Karl, under you, we have picked up just six points from the last 24 and there was no sign whatsoever that we were set to make the play offs let alone get promoted.

Agreed. I’d certainly given up all hope. There may be just a glimmer now.