Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Robinson back at Charlton

Comments

• Options
    I bet none of you lot put weight on when you hit your 40’s.

;-)
    Dazzler21 said:

I bet none of you lot put weight on when you hit your 40’s.

;-)

Have to make it there first! :warning:
    Be warned!
  • Options
    I remember getting a lift home from him, Kim Grant and Steve Brown. It was brilliant, got ripped to shreds by them. Top fellas
  • Options
    Absolutely love that man, one of my first Charlton heroes.
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    That's exactly how I expected Robinson would look tbh. I know all about ageing :-(
  • Options
    Would have said the tweet was disrespectful before Karl’s radio silence on Josh

Fuck him
  • Options
    Didnt recognise him with that many teeth in his mouth
  • Options

Would have said the tweet was disrespectful before Karl’s radio silence on Josh

Fuck him

Tbf to Karl Robinson it possibly just shows how slow of thought he is, that he did not have the ability to give a tactful answer.
  • Options

Absolutely love that man, one of my first Charlton heroes.

One of my first legends! Somehow the ones you idolise as a kid never fade in their status. Rose tinted specs....
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Love him
  • Options
    Remember going to work a night shift and as I am driving through Catford a car pulls up beside me, the window winds down and John Robinson pops his head out and asks me which way to Brighton.
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    Have to admit, had a quick glance at that photo and thought it was you @guinnessaddick...then I remembered I have seen you both in the same room at the same time!! :wink:

Robbo had really big boots to fill when he joined and I think that wore on him for quite a while. But, by God, he didn’t half put a shift in. Me and my dad absolutely loved him for that and he definitely stepped out of Lee’s shadows and deserved that Hall of Fame induction. Lovely quote from him about how he learned of the nomination and what a game that Man U match was!! Legend!

Not sure Robbo was going as mental as me though when that goal went in!!! :smiley:

• Options
    It's lovely when it means so much to a player to be loved and respected by the fans

I still think you should have stuck a "Mark Robson" label over his name and apologised for getting your Robbos mixed up!
  • Options
    Daddy_Pig said:

Didnt recognise him with that many teeth in his mouth

Didn’t recognise him not shouting at a referee over a non-important yard stolen at a throw in.

Bloody love John Robinson....
  • Options
    How many goals can one team score
    How many goals can they score?
    The answer my friend is Robbo on the wing
    The answer is Robbo on the wing.

A true Charlton legend. Total respect.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Oakster said:

11:45 in - still feels like yesterday!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YBgdt__ejaI

That bit where he runs off round the back of the goal pointing furiously at something, one of my favourite bits of football footage that. Love it when the crown noise is so strong it makes the camera shake.
  • Options
    such a memory, what a day,

Kinsella, Kishishev, Jensen & Robinson, did we pause long enough to realise what we were watching? what we had? taking in these last few years I am not so sure.

Robinson turns, Robinson scores....

He would be in my all time favourite XI every time, I hope we see his likes again
  • Options
    Rob7Lee said:

Robinson was a very good player, but not (in premier league terms) a great one.

What makes him stand out for me (like many around that time) was his a) work ethic and b) no linesman went home without an ear ache!

To think he cost something like £50k and had the enviable task of replacing me made him even more special.

Huge number of appearances and a true charlton/Curbishley player, never ever gave any less than 100%. A number of players over recent years take note!

Unlike you he remembers that he played for us
  • Options
    Was at the ground yesterday and saw him there - must admit I didn't recognise him at first.
  • Options
    He's put a bit of timber on !!
  • Options
    1StevieG said:

Remember going to work a night shift and as I am driving through Catford a car pulls up beside me, the window winds down and John Robinson pops his head out and asks me which way to Brighton.

Are you sure it wasn’t Dale Stephens? :-0

Big Robbo fan, can’t fault his effort and commitment, proper Charlton.
  • Options
    SE7toSG3 said:

such a memory, what a day,

Kinsella, Kishishev, Jensen & Robinson, did we pause long enough to realise what we were watching? what we had? taking in these last few years I am not so sure.

Robinson turns, Robinson scores....

He would be in my all time favourite XI every time, I hope we see his likes again

We were very fortunate.
  • Options
    In the past 20 years Robbo and Kins are my favourites - and maybe Robbo just shades it. In the PL he was a good player, in the Championship he was unplayable and used to go past players for fun.

The 3-3 with Manure was truly memorable and the atmosphere that day was 'hairs standing up on the back of your neck' good. What was the game where towards the end Robbo vaulted the fence and retrieved the ball by the old floodlight in the north east corner? We were chasing the game - either for an equaliser or a winner (my memory is not what it used to be). That summed up Robbo for me - commitment, passion, a love for the shirt and badge.

What days they were.