Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Summer 2018 transfer rumours

Comments

• Options
    edited June 2018

I'd take Mavididi as a long-term project. It's probably what he needs.

You have a good point there. I’m not sure I’d want him though, not becuase of his talent, but his injury history. I’d need to be convinced it wasn’t a chronic problem, or one caused by lack of conditioning.
  • Options

Slightly surprised that Tracey Leaburn would be with Mavididi today,is that a sign that he'll be coming back to us next season?

Most likely collecting the shirt she mentions in the post?
  • Options
    She looks very nice. Happy for Carlo!
  • Options
    Can’t see Arsenal agreeing to a loan this early in the close season. Perhaps now Arsenne has gone Mavididi is surplus and has been told he can find a club ?
  • Options
    I think @To_Be_Franck Is right.
  • Options
    edited June 2018

Oggy Red said:

Slightly surprised that Tracey Leaburn would be with Mavididi today,is that a sign that he'll be coming back to us next season?

He's Charlton's new manager.
    She's Charlton's new manager.
    She's Arsenal's new manager.
  • Options
    Valley11 said:

He can mow a lawn, fair play. Good lines.

Poor length though. A good lawn when freshly cut should be shorter than that
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Would very much welcome Wordsworth if he’s available. Very good player and has some thing we lack ( height and a cultured left foot).

Would also welcome Mavididi. Lost his way after the injury but he’s go soooo much potential
  • Options
    Not sure if I want Mavididi as didnt really impress me when we needed him last season

Wordsworth, is he still the player from his Colchester days, if so then yes - If not then again am not sure about him
  • Options
    "Barnsley despite a manager as of yet are still looking to complete some signings"

Erm HELLO!! - WE dont have a Manager!!
  • Options

Is Wordsworth really up to it for a side that wants promotion?

He has a wand for a left foot.

Since 2015 he's made 100 appearances and scored 23 goals - so he's not missed many games, has scored goals along the way. He's good with a dead ball and a threat at 6'1

Maybe we have our sights set higher but he knows the area, the division and the league. Seems a decent shout

• Options
    Not this again
  • Options
    Pound shop Kermorgant.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Swisdom said:

Would very much welcome Wordsworth if he’s available. Very good player and has some thing we lack ( height and a cultured left foot).

His right foot is a bloody ignorant slob though.
  • Options
    mavididi with some better players around him could be quality. His decision making needs working on, but he's a great footballer.
  • Options

mavididi with some better players around him could be quality. His decision making needs working on, but he's a great footballer.

Problem is I doubt we will get better players around him. Probably down to me not seeing as many games as I used to but whenever I have seen him he seemed to spend his time running down blind alleys or getting in a good position and no end product
  • Options
    edited June 2018

He's a great talent but for me, part of being a great footballer is being able to make the right decisions. I suppose for most players that comes with experience.

If he wants to come back and be part of a squad, I'd welcome him but I'd be worried for our chances of promotion if he was starting more than 20 games a season at this stage.
  • Options

He's a great talent but for me, part of being a great footballer is being able to make the right decisions. I suppose for most players that comes with experience.

If he wants to come back and be part of a squad, I'd welcome him but I'd be worried for our chances of promotion if he was starting more than 20 games a season at this stage.
    Agree 100%

Clearly has talent and some skill. Seems to have very little understanding of how to play in a team.

Physically gifted but 5 yards behind in his head. Currently easy to nullify.
  • Options
    Swisdom said:

Since 2015 he's made 100 appearances and scored 23 goals - so he's not missed many games, has scored goals along the way. He's good with a dead ball and a threat at 6'1

Maybe we have our sights set higher but he knows the area, the division and the league. Seems a decent shout

Isn't 61 a bit old, even for Div One?
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

Swisdom said:

Jacko still had a part to play last season.
  • Options
    I sho
    JamesSeed said:

Swisdom said:

James, didn't you say recently that you were 61?
    It's not old really, is it?

You can still get on your bike :smile:

• Options
    Oggy Red said:

I sho

JamesSeed said:

Swisdom said:

James, didn't you say recently that you were 61?
    It's not old really, is it?

You can still get on your bike :smile:

With stabilisers....
  • Options

With the right coaching I think Mav will grow to be a great player for us.
    Think back to early last season comments about Fuso, he had issues with decision making (still does to a certain extent ) and eventually became one of our more effective players.