Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2018 transfer rumours

Comments

• edited June 2018
    Sage said:

JamesSeed said:

Well we know (believe, hope) there's going to be an announcement this week (if not soon after etc), and I've heard there's been activity in the background (interviewing managers, looking at new players etc), and believe that if I were in their shoes I'd want to announce the buying of the club, the appointment of a manager, and the signing of new players, all in one swoop. It would add to a feelgood factor.
    So it's just speculation or wishful thinking really, with some logic behind it.

Or for example, they could announced it on Thursday 14th June, at the same time saying that Bowyer is to be manager. Then on the next day, they announce however many new signings. I completely agree about it being logical and keeping a huge feel good factor, but doing things in separate days, only being a day or so apart, can also work out more favourably.
    There's a possibility that they may not be available on all of those days. Or AM at least.
    And also the press conf would be attended by national media and tv, both of which would be unlikely to come back the next day for a less importanr presser. But either way I'll be happy.

I'm away from Friday to Sunday regrettably.
  • JamesSeed said:

Well we know (believe, hope) there's going to be an announcement this week (if not soon after etc), and I've heard there's been activity in the background (interviewing managers, looking at new players etc), and believe that if I were in their shoes I'd want to announce the buying of the club, the appointment of a manager, and the signing of new players, all in one swoop. It would add to a feelgood factor.

So the mangers being interviewed must be unemployed then because if they were under contract there is no way on gods earth the press would not pick up the fact the chairman of the said club had given his permission for his contracted manager to talk to the Aussies.
  • JamesSeed said:

So the mangers being interviewed must be unemployed then because if they were under contract there is no way on gods earth the press would not pick up the fact the chairman of the said club had given his permission for his contracted manager to talk to the Aussies.
    Football doesn't always work by the rules.
  • JamesSeed said:

Sage said:

JamesSeed said:

Or for example, they could announced it on Thursday 14th June, at the same time saying that Bowyer is to be manager. Then on the next day, they announce however many new signings. I completely agree about it being logical and keeping a huge feel good factor, but doing things in separate days, only being a day or so apart, can also work out more favourably.
    There's a possibility that they may not be available on all of those days. Or AM at least.
    And also the press conf would be attended by national media and tv, both of which would be unlikely to come back the next day for a less importanr presser. But either way I'll be happy.

The announcements of new player signings won’t have to be done very big, just an in-house release from our own communications team would be good enough.

I think this could pan out to be a very interesting week. But I stress, - could be.
  • Could be has replaced Done Deal on here.
  • Could be has replaced Done Deal on here.

Soon to change to ‘doubtful’
  • Sponsored links:

• JamesSeed said:

I doubt very much that any consortium waiting to buy us are meeting managers in bars and pushing brown envelops under the counter. They need to be squeaky clean to keep the EFL on side, at least until they own us.

If the new people are interviewing anybody, which I doubt they are, but if they are it will be above board.
  • Why is it always "this week, or next week" but never is, up to now
  • Next week never comes.
  • dickplumb said:

Next week never comes.

Very true. I went out with a gal called Nex Tweak once.
  • JamesSeed said:

I doubt very much that any consortium waiting to buy us are meeting managers in bars and pushing brown envelops under the counter. They need to be squeaky clean to keep the EFL on side, at least until they own us.

If the new people are interviewing anybody, which I doubt they are, but if they are it will be above board.
    They definitely are. They told me Bowyer, not Kewell, and they wanted to speak to Powell. How I don't know, but it would be a formal approach I'm sure.
  • Managers have agents
  • Managers have agents

True dat
  • Beardface said:

dickplumb said:

Next week never comes.

Very true. I went out with a gal called Nex Tweak once.
    She came with me plenty of times :)
  • Scoham said:

That would be very unlikely I imagine...
    It would be very un-Charlton like as well tbh!
  • I think people are dreaming. A takeover announcement and possibly a new manager seem plausible but I'd be amazed if any new players get announced.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited June 2018
    JamesSeed said:

Sage said:

JamesSeed said:

You could ask them to wait until you get back. None of us will mind.
  • edited June 2018
    Right !

Enough's enough.

It's time someone on here sez it like it is.

I've been to Lake Garda, Venice, Verona, the Dolomites and several beautiful towns around the area in the past week and returned home to find nothing has changed !

WTF ?

Jimbo Seed.

Your mission, should you agree to accept it, is to inform Andy M that Fanny is back.

Her tanned loins have been duly girded.

The old, familiar tingle (almost forgotten by now) is stirring.

And the planets are indeed aligned.

The time IS right.

Avanti !

Just Do It !

( Sheet ! Posted on the wrong thread !)
  • Tanned loins?! Hope you rubbed aftersun on them!
  • Konsa we all knew about, he will be leaving this summer. It is Magennis I am surprised of, especially when we are so short on attacking players, let alone players itself.
  • Sage said:

Konsa we all knew about, he will be leaving this summer. It is Magennis I am surprised of, especially when we are so short on attacking players, let alone players itself.
    Not really up to us if he wants to go and has less than a year on his contract. Didn't he kick off before because he wanted to leave? I think we can do better tbh.
  • Sage said:

Konsa we all knew about, he will be leaving this summer. It is Magennis I am surprised of, especially when we are so short on attacking players, let alone players itself.
    Not as if we're selling him at the end of the transfer window though is it
  • Other than Bolton, I can't see who else would want Magennis and pay him more than he's on now. Certainly I can't see any other L1 club matching our salary other than Sunderland