Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2018 transfer rumours

Comments

• Ha, if he predicts 100 things one of them is bound to be right eventually.

Can't believe I am giving Colin credit for anything, but let's be honest that couldn't have just been a wild guess
  • Tbf I didn't actually know he mentioned Brentford, I must have missed that. I just saw a post where he said 3.5 mill from a championship club is the only bid we had received.
  • I'm not sure JDS would get much game time at Derby.
  • Tbf I didn't actually know he mentioned Brentford, I must have missed that. I just saw a post where he said 3.5 mill from a championship club is the only bid we had received.

I saw him post Brentford before there was even a sniff of a rumour Konsa was definitely off, let alone who to.

Having said that, the bloke is regularly wrong, of that there is no doubt
  • Ha, if he predicts 100 things one of them is bound to be right eventually. </blockqu

I understand he PM'd people on VOTV about it

• edited June 2018

I'm not sure JDS would get much game time at Derby.

I disagree, I can't imagine Morris recommending him to Lampard to sit on the bench.

Remains to be seen how well he will do but I'm a little bit surprised there's apparent interest from the Prem.
  • Sage said:

To be honest, I completely disagree. I think he will play regularly and do very well.

You see a lot of players in the age group that he won the World Cup with and this U21 tournament just finished playing at Championship level. I don’t think he any different. He has the talent, natural ability, touch of class about him that can do well in an attacking, footballing team.

It’s a natural progression and one I think he will flourish with.
    That’s exactly why he has to be tested in The Championship. Has all the ability in the world but there are question marks over his defending at times and then there is of course his stature. Not saying that small players can’t make it at the top but it’s becoming rarer and perhaps even more so in the Premier League than somewhere like Spain. The football is different.

Wherever he goes I wish him well. Liked him a lot.

• Sage said:

To be honest, I completely disagree. I think he will play regularly and do very well.

You see a lot of players in the age group that he won the World Cup with and this U21 tournament just finished playing at Championship level. I don’t think he any different. He has the talent, natural ability, touch of class about him that can do well in an attacking, footballing team.

That’s exactly why he has to be tested in The Championship. Has all the ability in the world but there are question marks over his defending at times and then there is of course his stature. Not saying that small players can’t make it at the top but it’s becoming rarer and perhaps even more so in the Premier League than somewhere like Spain. The football is different.

Which is why I thought it was really interesting to see him play at left midfield and left wing back at times during the U21 tournament that has just been won by England.

He is a good defender, but nothing spectacular. It is his ability on the ball, dribbling, passing and touch of class that makes him one player with masses of potential. His lack of height is of course a concern for him making it right to the top of the game, which his footballing ability is as good as anyone his age.

This is why I think as he gets older, with someone who can help develop him further, he may move slightly further forward than a left back.

As you said, I wish him well.
  • Sponsored links:

• JamesSeed said:

sam3110 said:

Sage said:

Konsa we all knew about, he will be leaving this summer. It is Magennis I am surprised of, especially when we are so short on attacking players, let alone players itself.
    Not as if we're selling him at the end of the transfer window though is it
    I think if we're letting him go it's because we have a replacement lined up.
    Fox ffs
  • JamesSeed said:

sam3110 said:

Sage said:

Konsa we all knew about, he will be leaving this summer. It is Magennis I am surprised of, especially when we are so short on attacking players, let alone players itself.
    Not as if we're selling him at the end of the transfer window though is it
    I think if we're letting him go it's because we have a replacement lined up.
    Yep thats how it works at Charlton towers....
  • We are gonna look like a mid-table or lower-table squad by the time the new owners arrive.
  • We are gonna look like a mid-table or lower-table squad by the time the new owners arrive.

Just like the last 4 years then
  • We're being very Charlton here.

Aussies tend to have a positivity about them that will be soreley needed after what you lot have suffered for the last four years.
  • Too bad the estimated £3.5M for Konsa is probably not going fully back into the squad (if at all.)

Seven £500k players added to this squad is pretty much a guaranteed promotion.
  • Too bad the estimated £3.5M for Konsa is probably not going fully back into the squad (if at all.)

It will probably pay the bills since February when RD thought the club would be sold, as I mentioned earlier. But what do I know I am not ITK :smiley:

How do we know this is true about money not going back into squad? Bowyer was saying we needed less youth and more experienced players and this is a way to do that and generate money- especially if it is felt that money could be better spent elsewhere on the squad.

We are so used to being negative that we do not look for the positive. SCP did a superb job with the mil he got.

May I suggest we give our new owners a modicum of time to sort things out before we claim all is doom and gloom?
  • Sponsored links:

• edited June 2018
    Redrobo said:

Too bad the estimated £3.5M for Konsa is probably not going fully back into the squad (if at all.)

How do we know this is true about money not going back into squad?
    Well...

1. Because Roland is still our owner and we have no idea if the deal is certain
    2. Because we have NO evidence new owners intend to spend
    3. Because this is a shorter transfer window and there is less time
    4. Because we are not linked to anyone good at this stage
    5. Because it takes planning and time to get a transfer vetted and we don't even have a manager to plan at the moment, much less a process
  • edited June 2018
    Redrobo said:

Too bad the estimated £3.5M for Konsa is probably not going fully back into the squad (if at all.)

How do we know this is true about money not going back into squad? Bowyer was saying we needed less youth and more experienced players and this is a way to do that and generate money- especially if it is felt that money could be better spent elsewhere on the squad.

We are so used to being negative that we do not look for the positive. SCP did a superb job with the mil he got.

May I suggest we give our new owners a modicum of time to sort things out before we claim all is doom and gloom?
    Well said. Everyone assumes last minute sales money goes straight to RD. It don't think it will be. Bowyer (probably) and Gallen will be trying to build a squad in the background I'm sure.You cant stop a player like Konsa going if he wants to. If Magennis is going that could well be a sign that they have a striker ready to sign.
  • JamesSeed said:

Redrobo said:

Well said. Everyone assumes last minute sales money goes straight to RD. It don't think it will be. Bowyer (probably) and Gallen will be trying to build a squad in the background I'm sure.You cant stop a player like Konsa going if he wants to. If Magennis is going that could well be a sign that they have a striker ready to sign.
    How are you currently interpreting Cawley's tweets tonight, Jimbo ?
  • edited June 2018

JamesSeed said:

Redrobo said:

Wow, only just seen them. Bloody hell. If correct info, what a nightmare.
    May have to contact my fella despite my best intentions.
  • JamesSeed said:

JamesSeed said:

Redrobo said:

Wow, only just seen them. Bloody hell. If correct info, what a nightmare.
    May have to contact my fella despite my best intentions.
    Yep, go on, makes sense to.
  • edited June 2018
    I read that Liverpool are planning to transfer for Nick Pope because Soke's price for Butland is too high. Price? 15M.
  • Bristol Rovers sign Lyle Taylor, striker, of AFC Wimbledon. Would have been a nice player to add since he is staying in L1.

18 goals last season in all comps, 14 the year before, 23 the year before that. Also, is 1.88m tall. I think he was a free, to boot.

Don't think they have just yet? All I've seen is him linked with them
  • Sage said:

Him or Fosu were my favourite players last season.
  • Well it looks like we are in dire need of strikers now, Sell Magennis and the only player left is Vetokele
  • sam3110 said:

Well it looks like we are in dire need of strikers now, Sell Magennis and the only player left is Vetokele

and Ajose and maybe Ahern Grant