Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2018 transfer rumours

Comments

• Sage said:

Konsa we all knew about, he will be leaving this summer. It is Magennis I am surprised of, especially when we are so short on attacking players, let alone players itself.
    Not really up to us if he wants to go and has less than a year on his contract. Didn't he kick off before because he wanted to leave? I think we can do better tbh.
    I think we can do better as well. I think with more composure and a little more natural ability, he could’ve been a real success. It hasn’t quite worked out but the club also must take blame too as leaving him as practically the only striker we had at times was a shambles.

If he kicked off, I am surprised as that is not usually his character and has spent a lot of time in other aspects of the club too.
    sam3110 said:

Sage said:

Konsa we all knew about, he will be leaving this summer. It is Magennis I am surprised of, especially when we are so short on attacking players, let alone players itself.
    Not as if we're selling him at the end of the transfer window though is it
    No it’s not. But right now the takeover hasn’t gone through yet, we have no SMT, no manager, a very large chunk of the squad either out of contract or will be next summer, and we are already in need of around 7 or 8 players without losing anyone further.

I have no problem letting him go if we bring in a few good strikers to replace him and add to the team, but that is a tough job bringing in strikers. We then have the rest of the team to think about.

Season starts in 53 days.
  • I'd rather play without him tbf......too limited & not very good. If we're serious about getting out of this league then we'll need to have better than him playing up front.
  • Much rather keep him until we have recruited better. Too often we have been stung releasing/selling players before then being unable to replace them.

Agreed... Else we're back into the position we found ourselves in when Lee Novak left the club
  • We can always bring back Dodoo.
  • dickplumb said:

We can always bring back Dodoo.

We can't. Hasn't he joined Blackpool. Lol
  • I'd rather play without him tbf......too limited & not very good. If we're serious about getting out of this league then we'll need to have better than him playing up front.

I agree, certainly when he was playing up top on his own. But as foil he’d be fine, or as a big man to lump on when losing. That said, he doesn’t win much in the air, has to be said.
  • not sure who is out there better than Josh for a L1 club....with the right player alongside him and supply line, he's more than good enough for this league
  • Fucking Brentford?!
  • Sponsored links:

• sam3110 said:

Fucking Brentford?!

?
  • He is more than capable in this league but for the past two seasons, we have relied on him to lead the line and score us the goals to get promoted. And in a team where we don’t create 10 clear chances a game, he ain’t going to be clinical enough.

I would prefer us to keep him, he’d be decent for us still, but we need better and someone who can score goals and bully defenders in this league. I can’t see Magennis settling for back up and sitting on the bench each week.

And for that, as much as I would like to keep him, as long as we got in someone more clinical that isn’t an Ajose type, but maybe more of a Pitman or dare I say, Kermorgant type, I would reluctantly be willing to let him go.
  • Brentford. Amazing.
  • Undisclosed of course. At least he has a better chance of playing regularly in Championship.
  • Most teams came to the valley with a big lump up top who held the ball up, played people in and won headers. We had magennis who didn’t hold the ball up, didn’t play people in or win headers. He never looked like scoring with his feet. If he went and we replaced him with someone like Lyle Taylor of Wimbledon who bullied our defence twice last season, I would be happy
  • sam3110 said:

Fucking Brentford?!

Whats happening with Brentford?
  • sam3110 said:

Fucking Brentford?!

They signed Konsa today
  • uie2 said:

sam3110 said:

Fucking Brentford?!

They signed Konsa today
    BRENTFORD?!?!!???
  • edited June 2018
    Ugh
  • Sponsored links:

• Brent? Ford?
  • edited June 2018
  • Brentford are a well run club and will soon move to a new larger stadium. Sensible move for Konsa. Up a playing level and staying in London.
  • JamesSeed said:

Well we know (believe, hope) there's going to be an announcement this week (if not soon after etc), and I've heard there's been activity in the background (interviewing managers, looking at new players etc), and believe that if I were in their shoes I'd want to announce the buying of the club, the appointment of a manager, and the signing of new players, all in one swoop. It would add to a feelgood factor.
    So it's just speculation or wishful thinking really, with some logic behind it.

Sadly, any signings in the offing would have leaked by now so I think we can be pretty sure there aren't any lined up.
  • You’d think so but no one expected or leaked Konsa to Brentford today.
  • You’d think so but no one expected or leaked Konsa to Brentford today.

Colin did.
  • Ha, if he predicts 100 things one of them is bound to be right eventually.
  • I suppose this was going to happen given we are a rudderless club at the moment and he went back to his parent club in May (taken from BBC Sport Gossip page) -:

New Derby County manager Frank Lampard wants to sign Chelsea and England Under-21 defender Jay Dasilva, 20. (Mirror)

I, hopefully, was thinking we may get him back for another season as a loan, or even buy him!! Still he hasn't gone to Derby just yet.
  • Dasilva has played very well in League One and I would assume Chelsea would want to see if he can step up to the Championship so a logical move for him.