Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2018 transfer rumours

Comments

• It wouldn't be a PR stunt it would be a pack of lies,but we've been lied to before....loads of times.
  • While Richard Cawley's tweets appear mildly encouraging, the reality is that if anyone is prepared to meet (or get close to) the valuations of Fosu and Bauer (reported at £2million and £500,00 respectively), they'll be off in the blink of an eye.

With the proposed takeover looking moribund and Duchatelet refusing to sanction the expense of a pre-season tour - to bring us into line with other League 1 clubs - I am feeling deeply pessimistic about next season. With swingeing cost reductions top of Duchatelet's agenda, what level of quality players are we realistically going to attract ?
  • edited June 2018

is it just me or does Cawley change his tune with every tweet. Earlier, Bauer was going, now he's not. Cawley being played by both sides imo.

He's also a professional journalist, don't forget.

His paper needs to get hits on their website. Cawley is doing his job well.

• who is this "cafc" that is refuting such suggestions ??? We have no-one in real authority & the ONLY person that is making any REAL decisions is RD. If Bowyer & Gallen have anyone in mind where is the money coming from to buy them.....money is only going one way & that is into RD's pocket or to run the club.

• who is this "cafc" that is refuting such suggestions ??? We have no-one in real authority & the ONLY person that is making any REAL decisions is RD. If Bowyer & Gallen have anyone in mind where is the money coming from to buy them.....money is only going one way & that is into RD's pocket or to run the club.

Or maybe Bowyer has been told he can spend a tiny percentage of the Konsa fee on signing 1 or 2 of his present player targets.
    They'll be free transfers, of course - but it would take care of a signing on fee.
  • Oggy Red said:

who is this "cafc" that is refuting such suggestions ??? We have no-one in real authority & the ONLY person that is making any REAL decisions is RD. If Bowyer & Gallen have anyone in mind where is the money coming from to buy them.....money is only going one way & that is into RD's pocket or to run the club.

Or maybe Bowyer has been told he can spend a tiny percentage of the Konsa fee on signing 1 or 2 of his present player targets.
    They'll be free transfers, of course - but it would take care of a signing on fee.
    possible from the article Cawley just posted.
    “Money” ? We won’t be signing anyone for money. The club will sign free agents not already snapped up by our rivals or those that are not highly sought after. There is a pot of sorts for wages that is available because of those that have left including loans. Even RD knows that the squad as is would be completely inadequate.

• Oggy Red said:

who is this "cafc" that is refuting such suggestions ??? We have no-one in real authority & the ONLY person that is making any REAL decisions is RD. If Bowyer & Gallen have anyone in mind where is the money coming from to buy them.....money is only going one way & that is into RD's pocket or to run the club.

possible from the article Cawley just posted.
    I posted before I saw Cawley's latest article just now.

• edited June 2018
    Kashi gone. Like Konsa, decent player, not really what we need
  • BY RICHARD CAWLEY

Charlton have offered new deals to Tariqe Fosu and Joe Aribo – and have also put a £2million price tag on Blackburn Rovers target Patrick Bauer.

German centre-back Bauer is going into the final 12 months of his contract at The Valley and a national newspaper report over the weekend stated that the Championship new boys were looking to strike a deal.

But instead it seems that owner Roland Duchatelet has set a valuation which will scare off potential suitors.

And Addicks caretaker boss Lee Bowyer has revealed that the plan is to reward Fosu and Aribo with extended terms.

https://www.londonnewsonline.co.uk/charlton-athletic-offer-new-deals-to-joe-aribo-and-tariqe-fosu-and-price-tag-for-blackburn-target-bauer-set-to-scare-off-bidders/
  • Sponsored links:

• They offered a new deal to Yann remember...
  • edited June 2018
  • is it just me or does Cawley change his tune with every tweet. Earlier, Bauer was going, now he's not. Cawley being played by both sides imo.

If he receives information from a credible source, he'll use it. So it's quite possible for someone to tell him Blackburn are after Bauer then the club to tell him they won't let him go on the cheap.
  • They offered a new deal to Yann remember...

And Morrison
  • I believe that some posters are forgetting that a manager will want to build his own team, to reflect his own values.

Bowyer has worked with the present squad for a year and will know where the team is wanting.
    He knows the team is generally physically lightweight - so expect some bigger, stronger and perhaps hard running signings.

Bowyer will also know that we are short of firepower up front. Surely he'll do his best to address that.
    He'll simplify the way we play, try to make the team more balanced, more effective as a unit, more physically suited to League One.

Bowyer himself as a player, despite his stature, was hard running, hard tackling, passed well, scored goals and fiercely competitive.
    Expect him to want to build a team in his own image.

Of course, Roland/new owners may prevent him from doing any of that!
  • Oggy Red said:

I believe that some posters are forgetting that a manager will want to build his own team, to reflect his own values.

Bowyer has worked with the present squad for a year and will know where the team is wanting.
    He knows the team is generally physically lightweight - so expect some bigger, stronger and perhaps hard running signings.

Bowyer will also know that we are short of firepower up front. Surely he'll do his best to address that.
    He'll simplify the way we play, try to make the team more balanced, more effective as a unit, more physically suited to League One.

Bowyer himself as a player, despite his stature, was hard running, hard tackling, passed well, scored goals and fiercely competitive.

Agree with all of that except the new owners will back him....RD will say he will & then wont deliver - the same as in previous seasons.
  • edited June 2018

Oggy Red said:

I believe that some posters are forgetting that a manager will want to build his own team, to reflect his own values.

Agree with all of that except the new owners will back him....RD will say he will & then wont deliver - the same as in previous seasons.
    Yep, probably, Golfie. Which is why I finished my post the way I did.
    Even with new owners, there's no guarantee Bowyer will be manager - unless Bow has already been reassured by Muir et al that he will be.

• Addickted said:

Heard that we may be after Jem Karacan from Bolton. Local lad I believe.

Was once a very good player, think he has struggled with injuries. Be a good addition but not for a small squad?
  • Sponsored links:

• Addickted said:

Used to serve food in The Valley Cafe.
  • Addickted said:

cfgs said:

Addickted said:

Is there a position free there then?

Just that I can think of a really good candidate.
    1/5 in the food hygiene ratings.
  • cfgs said:

Addickted said:

Really? His Mum and Dad had a cafe on the industrial estate down by the Thames Barrier, are you getting confused with that one?

They were really nice people. Never saw Jem in there though although most of the time Reading were playing too.
  • cfgs said:

Addickted said:

Really? His Mum and Dad had a cafe on the industrial estate down by the Thames Barrier, are you getting confused with that one?

They were really nice people. Never saw Jem in there though although most of the time Reading were playing too.
    Ok, I probably am. I saw an interview with him when he made it about how he grew up a Charlton fan and used to help out at weekends prior to the matches. I just guessed it was the Valley Cafe.
  • Blackburn press saying Roland is asking £2m for Bauer.
  • Would we not want to offer Bauer a contract if he’s entering the last year and he’s not going anywhere?
  • Blackburn press saying Roland is asking £2m for Bauer.

LOL. Bet he actually gets £800k.
  • Cannot say i know much about him but Danny Rowe being bounded around by a good source of previous transfers. 60+ goals in the last 2 seasons.