Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2018 transfer rumours

Comments

• Googling Pratley he’s known for his work rate. Not clear if he’s a ball winning type though.
  • Pratley could be a useful signing
  • We're more likely to sign some Pratt called lee
  • Both Dawkins and Ward appeared pretty mobile during their 45 minutes today. Both looked worth signing.
  • Assuming it’s Pratley

Hoping its not,

If its the player asking for 48 hours more,then another 48 hours, then he doesnt want to be here and is waiting for a better offer
    Another Reeves
  • Assuming it’s Pratley

Hoping its not,

If its the player asking for 48 hours more,then another 48 hours, then he doesnt want to be here and is waiting for a better offer
    Just like Reeves. Bin him. I understand you may have options & need to make up your mind but there comes a time when you have to decide to shit or get off the pot
  • Let’s be totally fair to him, it could be that he doesn’t know whether to move his family to London for the last hurrah in a long career. He’s been at Bolton a long while.
  • Two more days is a lot different to Reeves. He probably knew of our interest in January and had an offer by May or June.
  • Scoham said:

Two more days is a lot different to Reeves. He probably knew of our interest in January and had an offer by May or June.

Exactly.

• So wonder who the triallist midfielder arriving on Monday will be?

• Sponsored links:

• I thought Dawkins looked a bit too muscular and not mobile enough. Maybe a decent player in there but I didn’t see a great deal
  • Swisdom said:

I thought Dawkins looked a bit too muscular and not mobile enough. Maybe a decent player in there but I didn’t see a great deal

Bowyer said today he'd been impressed with Dawkins' technique and awareness.
    But needed to see him play in games to prove his fitness.

• A guess for Monday’s trialist. Rohan Ince. Free agent. Holding midfielder
  • Moo said:

A guess for Monday’s trialist. Rohan Ince. Free agent. Holding midfielder

Now that’s a great shout. Played the last couple of seasons however with teams relegated from League One but doesn’t necessarily mean much if the team around him is poor. Remember he done very well at first for Brighton in the Championship.
  • Crusty54 said:

Both Dawkins and Ward appeared pretty mobile during their 45 minutes today. Both looked worth signing.

Is that our new benchmark, if they are mobile they get a contract?
  • Sage said:

Moo said:

Now that’s a great shout. Played the last couple of seasons however with teams relegated from League One but doesn’t necessarily mean much if the team around him is poor. Remember he done very well at first for Brighton in the Championship.
    Not played many.
    2016/2017- 14 league games for Swindon
    2017/2018- 22 league games for Bury and according to flashscore alot of those were subs in fact in 2018 he played over 45 minutes 5 times only, 3 under 45 minutes and 14 games where he was either unused sub or not in the team, that for a struggling team and be couldnt get in, doesnt fill me with confidence
  • Sage said:

Moo said:

Not played many.
    2016/2017- 14 league games for Swindon
    2017/2018- 22 league games for Bury and according to flashscore alot of those were subs in fact in 2018 he played over 45 minutes 5 times only, 3 under 45 minutes and 14 games where he was either unused sub or not in the team, that for a struggling team and be couldnt get in, doesnt fill me with confidence
    Yes recently he may have struggled to play regularly, but both clubs struggled all round in each season he was there. They both had numerous problems and just because he didn’t feature much, doesn’t make him a bad player.

He played often enough for Brighton and played for Fulham briefly too. He also scored the only goal of the game when Brighton beat us back in 2015.

I am not saying he is the answer, not at all, but he is worth a look if we do get him on trial.

You don’t play for an ambitious Brighton side, who they were at the time in the Championship if you don’t have at least something half decent about you.
  • So wonder who the triallist midfielder arriving on Monday will be?

Been mentioned on CL but according to Ketts, Diego Poyet is back in town
  • Sponsored links:

• Kevin Foley
  • edited July 2018
    Poyet would be good
  • edited July 2018
  • Rohan Ince actually did really well at Swindon. Bury where very badly managed last season so maybe he can be forgiven for not performing. Still only 25 can play at centre back as well. Defiantly worth a look.
  • This 48hour thing....isn’t if that the club he plays for have asked for another 48 hours, not the player? I assume so they can get their replacement in
  • Crusty54 said:

Both Dawkins and Ward appeared pretty mobile during their 45 minutes today. Both looked worth signing.

Is that our new benchmark, if they are mobile they get a contract?
    No but there were previous comments about their fitness. They covered a lot of ground yesterday and were running well. Ward certainly passes the height test.
  • edited July 2018

------------Phillips

-----Bauer---Pearce---Sarr

Marshall-------------------Page

-----------JFC/Anfernee

-----Aribo/Reeves-----JFC/Clarke

------------------Fosu

------Taylor

Like it. Would also ike to see that LB has more to him than 442.

Need 3 ball playing centre halves for that formation. I'm afriad none of them fit that criteria

You're joking! Sarr would be a Prem CB if not for defensive inconsistencies, due partly to lack of games in the right position with a settled back four. Good on both feet, quick so ideal for middle of a three. Hoddle like passing. Bauer not too shabby either and has made some great forays forward. OK Pearce is row Z but brings other attributes to table. Marshall makes more tackles than some past full backs so I'd be happy as 1st choice RB/RWB tbh.

Agreed. Sarr would be a Prem CB if he wasn't so poor. NB so would I.

Is there a competition going for the most cretinous post?

That’s quite a word to use when someone’s only expressed an opinion about a footballer.
  • Valley11 said:

This 48hour thing....isn’t if that the club he plays for have asked for another 48 hours, not the player? I assume so they can get their replacement in

Valley11 said:

This 48hour thing....isn’t if that the club he plays for have asked for another 48 hours, not the player? I assume so they can get their replacement in

I very much doubt we will be BUYING any players & I expect the ones we are talking to are all out of contract.

No doubt the players agent is spending the extended 48 hours ringing every club possible to see if there are any takers before the said player has to decide to sign for this shitfest of a club.
  • edited July 2018
    The players being discussed in this thread highlight why we so desperately need the takeover to happen this week..

Our season will either be...

1. Free signings like 33yr old Elliott Ward which equals 6th - 14th place finish at best

Or

2. Takeover happens and we sign the best players in the league like Beccles... which equals top 2 finish
  • Moo said:

Rohan Ince actually did really well at Swindon. Bury where very badly managed last season so maybe he can be forgiven for not performing. Still only 25 can play at centre back as well. Defiantly worth a look.

I admire your defiance.