Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2018 transfer rumours

Comments

• Defiantly not saying he’s the answer. Just maybe worth a trial.
  • If I were an agent for unconvincing ageing directionless crocks of players that nobody fancies, I would have Charlton Athletic on speed dial.
    Is it not true we spend a shed load of money on agents fees?
  • Pratley will be a good signing for us. Played a lot of games in the championship last season
  • Was Bolton captain too
  • Southend and an unnamed American club also in for Pratley.
  • markmc68 said:

Southend and an unnamed American club also in for Pratley.

Player at that age and stage of his career - you get the chance to live in the US for a couple of years....... mls versus league one. Reckon then would go for mls every time
  • Poyet was awful in his last spell with us - almost invisible.

Agreed, however he was total mustard in his first season, that kind of talent doesn't disappear. Hoping Bow can reenergise him. Still has potential to be class.

Player of the year under Powell, rubbish under fraeye or whatever he was called!!! Worth a trial and some u23 games
  • Sponsored links:

Player of the year under Powell, rubbish under fraeye or whatever he was called!!! Worth a trial and some u23 games
    Could be wrong but most the games came under Riga's management in first spell and think it was Riga again in 2nd spell. Won't disagree with you though, I'd defo take a look.

Excellent in the Powell/Riga half season

Decent but unexceptional when on loan to MKD (under KR), then vanished under Fraeye and Riga

But then there have been a number of players over the last few years who have been great for a short period of time, but not for more than a few months

Igor was great for a couple of months under Bob Peeters. Watt was great for a few months under Luzon.
  • The big question about Poyet is he any better than the players we have coming through? So frustrating that LB has not been mentioned
    Dijksteel as a potential DM.
  • Moo said:

The big question about Poyet is he any better than the players we have coming through? So frustrating that LB has not been mentioned
    Dijksteel as a potential DM.

Dijksteel would be my choice in midfield but I assume there are no funds to buy a RB
  • Can't see Poyet rediscovering his form - seems to have been gradually getting worse and working his way down the pyramid.
  • Don’t think there’s any harm in taking a look at Poyet, nobody is saying we are giving him a 5 year deal and that’s doubtful to happen now Meire is gone.

• “Dawks is in, he’s done really well,” added Forster-Caskey.

“He’s been brilliant around the place."

Nailed on. FACT! :smile:

• Can't see Poyet rediscovering his form - seems to have been gradually getting worse and working his way down the pyramid.

Not sure why but Poyet doesn’t seem to have the fight to want to drag himself back up football career wise.

Probably cos of his Dad he has the footballer lifestyle already - the girls, holidays, cars, money etc.

Maybe cos he already has a great life he is already happy with that. He seems pretty happy with life from his social media.

• Pratley has signed.
  • Sponsored links:

• markmc68 said:

Pratley has signed.

Where's this been confirmed?
  • An assessment of Pratley by one of you that know this sort of stuff would be greatly appreciated.

Poyet was awful in his last spell with us - almost invisible.

Agreed, however he was total mustard in his first season, that kind of talent doesn't disappear. Hoping Bow can reenergise him. Still has potential to be class.
    If anyone can reinvigorate him it's Bowyer. Look what he's done with JFC. Although Poyet needs to sort his attitude out if he is to improve. I'd rather have Cullen or Pratley for a year though.

If anyone can reinvigorate him it's Bowyer. Look what he's done with JFC. Although Poyet needs to sort his attitude out if he is to improve. I'd rather have Cullen or Pratley for a year though.
    I disagree with JFC, I don't think he improved at all under Bowyer from what I saw. He had some decent spells last season but that was under KR.

I disagree with JFC, I don't think he improved at all under Bowyer from what I saw. He had some decent spells last season but that was under KR.
    Yes, while Bowyer was assistant and working directly with JFC.
  • edited July 2018
    Poyet would block the progress of other young midfield players who at their stage of development look better than he did at the same stage.
  • seth plum said:

Port would block the progress of other young midfield players who at their stage of development look better than he did at the same stage.

Could they come into the team and make the sort of impact he did (which was in the Championship)? Bowyer doesn't seem to think so, saying Maloney and Lapslie aren't ready.
  • Fantastic signing if we get Pratley

Yes, while Bowyer was assistant and working directly with JFC.
    Yeah fair point, to be honest I am not a huge fan anyway. IMO he is a decent League 1 player and that's it.