Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2018 transfer rumours

Comments

• Yup Dervite would be a great backup or replacement for Bauer if he were to leave!!
  • Bolton are in serious financial difficulties and almost anyone on decent money at the end of their contract has been let go .
  • Bolton are in serious financial difficulties and almost anyone on decent money at the end of their contract has been let go .

Well they've managed to bring in Clayton Donaldson and Erhun Oztumer...
  • So we all know in an ideal world, we would sign another keeper, right back, left back, centre back, and centre midfielder (although, if we sign a right back, another centre midfielder is not needed, play Dijksteel in his best position). Some may argue another striker also, but I think that’s okay.

One type of player/position I really think we could do with, and really lack, is a left footed winger.

There’s not many about to be honest, most now are right footed players who are either on the right, or like to cut in from the left. But for the balance of the team, and a different dynamic, a natural left footed winger would be interesting.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/archives/football/270830/boltons-crippling-wage-bill-revealed-as-club-prepare-for-league-one/
    It shows Amos on £16000, Pratley on £14000, ad Dervite on between £8000 and £11000

I doubt if Donaldson and Oztumer are on that sort of money.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/archives/football/270830/boltons-crippling-wage-bill-revealed-as-club-prepare-for-league-one/
    It shows Amos on £16000, Pratley on £14000, ad Dervite on between £8000 and £11000

We can't be giving Pratley that sort of wages surely!
  • uie2 said:

Bolton are in serious financial difficulties and almost anyone on decent money at the end of their contract has been let go .

Very doubtful
  • uie2 said:

Bolton are in serious financial difficulties and almost anyone on decent money at the end of their contract has been let go .

Aged 33. Unlikely he was going to get a gig in the Championship so must have realised that being wanted and likely to be one of the first names on the team sheet and a two year deal to take him to retirement in London was worth a hefty drop in salary.

• Looks like Dawkins will be the next signing. So that leaves us room for just one more player
  • Sponsored links:

• Sage said:

So we all know in an ideal world, we would sign another keeper, right back, left back, centre back, and centre midfielder (although, if we sign a right back, another centre midfielder is not needed, play Dijksteel in his best position). Some may argue another striker also, but I think that’s okay.

One type of player/position I really think we could do with, and really lack, is a left footed winger.

There’s not many about to be honest, most now are right footed players who are either on the right, or like to cut in from the left. But for the balance of the team, and a different dynamic, a natural left footed winger would be interesting.

Dawkins?
  • Sage said:

So we all know in an ideal world, we would sign another keeper, right back, left back, centre back, and centre midfielder (although, if we sign a right back, another centre midfielder is not needed, play Dijksteel in his best position). Some may argue another striker also, but I think that’s okay.

Dawkins?
    Looks right footed here

https://youtu.be/TDpohwpIQvQ
  • uie2 said:

We established recently that after Amos, Nabby Sarr is our highest earner, on about £275,000 p.a.

• Scoham said:

Sage said:

Dawkins?
    Looks right footed here

I’ve already included Dawkins in our squad as he has been likely to sign for a while now, it is all about fitness.

A natural left footed winger would bring us something completely different.
  • Sage said:

So...we basically still need half a team!
  • He looks like a world beater in that you tube video. How come he played in the US?
  • How the fck did dervite get 8/11k a week at Bolton.
    His agent must be fckin great

• How the fck did dervite get 8/11k a week at Bolton.
    His agent must be fckin great

Because he would have been one of their lower earners, amazingly. His probably chanced it and asked for 10k a week, and at the time Bolton were throwing money about and thought "that's cheap" and signed it off
  • If Dawkins is as good as that video shows how come he has played so few games in his career?
  • Sponsored links:

• If Dawkins is as good as that video shows how come he has played so few games in his career?

I do remember playing Derby at The Valley in the championship (game Tucudean looked feckin incredible) and I remember Dawkins was very good in that game
  • From SKY Sports Transfer Centre:

CULLEN TO STAY AT WEST HAM

SSN understands Manuel Pellegrini has knocked back interest from a number of Sky Bet EFL clubs for highly-rated midfielder Josh Cullen and plans to use him in the forthcoming season.

Preston and Blackburn and among a number of clubs keen to take the 22-year old on loan.

However, West Ham’s new manager has been impressed with the reigning Republic of Ireland U21 Player of the Year and believes he could be more useful at the London Stadium.

Cullen spent the last two seasons on loan at Bradford and Bolton.

YouTube shows a player at his best and cuts out everything else. Remember this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_gtijkXJIs
  • Pity about Cullen.

What that video shows about Dawkins is that he has a football brain as well as good feet.

Doubt we’ll see the very best of him but this is league one and he looks like he could trouble defenders.
  • My manager and uncle are both massive Derby fans, I will ask my uncle about him but my manager reckons he is very good on the ball and better in the middle rather than on the wing. Says a lot of Derby fans moaned about him but he felt he was a scapegoat. Reckons in league1 it's a top signing
  • Scoham said:

Sage said:

Dawkins?
    Looks right footed here

Stand corrected, always thought he was left-footed for some reason, been a few years since I saw him play though.
  • My manager and uncle are both massive Derby fans, I will ask my uncle about him but my manager reckons he is very good on the ball and better in the middle rather than on the wing. Says a lot of Derby fans moaned about him but he felt he was a scapegoat. Reckons in league1 it's a top signing

Middle as in a striker or as an attacking midfielder?
  • edited July 2018
    Scoham said:

My manager and uncle are both massive Derby fans, I will ask my uncle about him but my manager reckons he is very good on the ball and better in the middle rather than on the wing. Says a lot of Derby fans moaned about him but he felt he was a scapegoat. Reckons in league1 it's a top signing

Middle as in a striker or as an attacking midfielder?
    Just spoke to my uncle, he reckons he plays just off the strikers, got a brilliant touch and holds onto the ball very well. Says he is crap at tracking back though.

That's pretty much the same view from two people now, both know their stuff so if we get him sounds quite promising.

Could be line up with a 4231

Phillips
    Solly Bauer Pearce Page
    JFC Pratley
    Fosu Aribo Dawkins
    Taylor

Don't look too bad to me