Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2018 transfer rumours

Comments

• Sounds like he should do well at this level, thouhg that formation is far too Robinson to me.

Pretty sure Bowyer will stick with 2 strikers, whether that's 4-4-2, a diamond or 5-3-2/3-5-2. Could also see someone like Dawkins or Clarke playing slightly deeper in a 4-4-1-1, but that's really just a form of 4-4-2.
  • Scoham said:

Sounds like he should do well at this level, thouhg that formation is far too Robinson to me.

Pretty sure Bowyer will stick with 2 strikers, whether that's 4-4-2, a diamond or 5-3-2/3-5-2. Could also see someone like Dawkins or Clarke playing slightly deeper in a 4-4-1-1, but that's really just a form of 4-4-2.

Tbf I've left out Magennis who would work well upfront still with Taylor I reckon
  • edited July 2018

Scoham said:

My manager and uncle are both massive Derby fans, I will ask my uncle about him but my manager reckons he is very good on the ball and better in the middle rather than on the wing. Says a lot of Derby fans moaned about him but he felt he was a scapegoat. Reckons in league1 it's a top signing

Middle as in a striker or as an attacking midfielder?
    Just spoke to my uncle, he reckons he plays just off the strikers, got a brilliant touch and holds onto the ball very well. Says he is crap at tracking back though.

That's pretty the same view from two people now, both know their stuff so if we get him sounds quite promising.

Could be line up with a 4231

Phillips
    Solly Bauer Pearce Page
    JFC Pratley
    Fosu Aribo Dawkins
    Taylor

Don't look too bad to me
    As a first 11 it is very decent for this division, but as has been the case every season under RD it is whats behind the first 11 that causes our failures. Such a lack of squad depth.
    Very true.

Dijksteel, Sarr, Ajose, Grant, Magennis and Marshall are our only senior back up players until Reeves, Clarke and Igor return from injury.
  • ^^ if, not until
  • Magennis has shown he’s at least a 10 goal a season striker at this level. Much of that has been up front on his own which doesn’t suit him. Taylor should take the pressure off him, sounds like he’s more physical and can hold up the ball a bit. Ajose doesn’t offer that at all so it was always down to Magennis when they played together.
  • Scoham said:

Magennis has shown he’s at least a 10 goal a season striker at this level. Much of that has been up front on his own which doesn’t suit him. Taylor should take the pressure off him, sounds like he’s more physical and can hold up the ball a bit. Ajose doesn’t offer that at all so it was always down to Magennis when they played together.

Ajose has shown that he is shite.
    Never let him near our starting eleven again.
  • Igor returning from injury ?????don't ever bet on that
  • Seen Harry Forester has been released...wouldnt mind a punt on him if the opportunity came up.
  • Seen Harry Forester has been released...wouldnt mind a punt on him if the opportunity came up.

Be a great attacking signing... Have wanted us to sign him a few times over the last few years

Be a great attacking signing... Have wanted us to sign him a few times over the last few years
    Very similar to Clarke and Reeves though. And seems to have lost his way.
  • Sponsored links:

Very similar to Clarke and Reeves though. And seems to have lost his way.
    Clarke isnt getting any younger though and Reeves is hardly ever fit - Would certainly complete the depth to our Midfield
  • Played left wing for Wimbledon last year so not a Clarke and reeves comparison
  • Clarke and Reeves played alot wide and drift inside. Forrester I've seen a fair bit for Brentford including both cup games vs Chelsea. He is skilful but lightweight, doesn't tackle and easily knocked off the ball. One of those players that would be decent in Champ but ineffective in L1.
  • Nedum Onouha or Marc Wilson would shore up our defence . Both Released.

• edited July 2018
    Interestingly with Hary Forrester, every league goal he assisted last season for Wimbledon, Taylor was the goal scorer. And even more interesting is that the three goals he did score, two were assisted by Taylor.

This means that out of the 8 goals Forrester directly was involved in, 7 of them were also directly involved in with Taylor. Or to put another way, he assisted 5 of Taylor’s 18 league goals last season, 28%.

Seems they work quite well together.
  • This is how fake rumours start. Someone says they notice Harry Forrester is released - next thing you know it’s over Twitter we are in for him.

Exactly what happened with Poyet!

Oh well - it’s better than nothing whilst we are PATIENT for the real rumours to arrive
  • Still no news on the holding midfielder who is on trial ? Maybe he did a no show on Monday
  • Moo said:

Still no news on the holding midfielder who is on trial ? Maybe he did a no show on Monday

I thought it was Pratley.....
  • Sponsored links:

• Not looking forward to coming on here after Ricky Holmes signs for oxford.
  • Why does the press not ask obvious questions like what happened to the player who was due to come in on trial on monday?we are all going through the mill with the takeover thing at least keep us updated on transfer matters
  • Why does the press not ask obvious questions like what happened to the player who was due to come in on trial on monday?we are all going through the mill with the takeover thing at least keep us updated on transfer matters

They did in Bowyers post match interview after the Dulwich Hamlet game. it was Prattley
  • No he said 1 was given another 48 hours to decide to sign and would decide by monday and 1 was coming in on trial on monday prattley was never gonna come in on trial as he signed
  • Yes LB did say there was another player coming for a trial.
  • edited July 2018
    Scoham said:

Vetokele apparently wants to stay.

Bowyer on central midfield:

“Do we need to strengthen in certain areas? For sure. We need to strengthen in midfield. We need to bring in a horrible midfielder, to win the ball and give it to ones who can play.

“We’re waiting on an answer [from one]. They asked for 48 hours, we gave them 48 hours and they’ve said can we stretch it another 48 – and that changed yesterday.

“We’ll know by Monday if that fella is coming in.”

https://www.londonnewsonline.co.uk/charlton-athletic-striker-igor-vetokele-looks-set-for-se7-stay/

This (from page 49) was the only thing Bowyer said last week re: midfield and never mentioned a trialist specifically. It was on page 50 that people started guessing trialists that don't exist.
  • The club can save costs when setting up any interview simply by writing 'It is what it is' on a piece of discarded packaging cardboard and placing it on a chair for journalists and others to look at.
  • Scoham said:

Vetokele apparently wants to stay.

Bowyer on central midfield:

“Do we need to strengthen in certain areas? For sure. We need to strengthen in midfield. We need to bring in a horrible midfielder, to win the ball and give it to ones who can play.

“We’re waiting on an answer [from one]. They asked for 48 hours, we gave them 48 hours and they’ve said can we stretch it another 48 – and that changed yesterday.

“We’ll know by Monday if that fella is coming in.”

https://www.londonnewsonline.co.uk/charlton-athletic-striker-igor-vetokele-looks-set-for-se7-stay/

This (from page 49) was the only thing Bowyer said last week re: midfield and never mentioned a trialist specifically. It was on page 50 that people started guessing trialists that don't exist.
    I'm sure elsewhere he mentioned the trialist and said something about fans probably knowing on Tuesday. Unless he just meant Pratley, as that was the day he signed?
  • Found it

http://www.newsshopper.co.uk/sport/16354988.charlton-caretaker-boss-lee-bowyer-reveals-plan-for-trialists/
    Bowyer revealed another trialist will link up with his squad on Monday.

He added: “There are some trialists that will come in and stay and some will go. We’ll be honest with them and we’ll see.

“We’ve got one trialist coming in on Monday.

“He’s a midfielder, one of these siting midfielders. I’m sure you’ll know who it is on Tuesday.”