Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2018 transfer rumours

Comments

• Poyet was awful in his last spell with us - almost invisible.

Poyet was awful in his last spell with us - almost invisible.

Agreed, however he was total mustard in his first season, that kind of talent doesn't disappear. Hoping Bow can reenergise him. Still has potential to be class.
    If anyone can reinvigorate him it's Bowyer. Look what he's done with JFC. Although Poyet needs to sort his attitude out if he is to improve. I'd rather have Cullen or Pratley for a year though.
    I disagree with JFC, I don't think he improved at all under Bowyer from what I saw. He had some decent spells last season but that was under KR.
    Yes, while Bowyer was assistant and working directly with JFC.
    Yeah fair point, to be honest I am not a huge fan anyway. IMO he is a decent League 1 player and that's it.
    JFC is probably not quite as good as Mbappe.

• Oggy Red said:

Agreed, however he was total mustard in his first season, that kind of talent doesn't disappear. Hoping Bow can reenergise him. Still has potential to be class.
    If anyone can reinvigorate him it's Bowyer. Look what he's done with JFC. Although Poyet needs to sort his attitude out if he is to improve. I'd rather have Cullen or Pratley for a year though.
    I disagree with JFC, I don't think he improved at all under Bowyer from what I saw. He had some decent spells last season but that was under KR.
    Yeah fair point, to be honest I am not a huge fan anyway. IMO he is a decent League 1 player and that's it.

close though, Mbappe only wins because of his speed.
  • Oggy Red said:

...and his skill, athleticism, decision making and ability to perform at the highest level..
  • Oggy Red said:

...and his skill, athleticism, decision making and ability to perform at the highest level..
    Otherwise, very similar :smiley:
  • Oggy Red said:

Not a fair comparison, JFC hasn't been given an England opportunity yet.
  • ross1 said:

Oggy Red said:

Otherwise, very similar :smiley:
    Could be twins if you stood them next to each other...
  • edited July 2018

Oggy Red said:

14 England U-21 caps.

Plus represented England at every youth level before that.
    Now only needs to catch Southgate's eye to complete the full set. :smile:

• Oggy Red said:

Oggy Red said:

14 U-21 caps.

But he said at the highest level. England U21 or any youth team isn't the top level.
  • Oggy Red said:

Oggy Red said:

14 U-21 caps.

But he said at the highest level. England U21 or any youth team isn't the top level.
    I was replying to your own post, where you wrote "....... JFC hasn't been given an England opportunity yet." :smile:

• This thread is very quiet considering some news was expected today. I assume Pratley has knocked us back and the triallist has turned up.
  • Sponsored links:

• This thread is very quiet considering some news was expected today. I assume Pratley has knocked us back and the triallist has turned up.

He was making a decision today, even if he chooses us doesn't mean it'll be announced today.

Isn't the trialist here either way? Didn't sound like they were only coming in if the mystery player signed.
  • Oggy Red said:

Oggy Red said:

Oggy Red said:

14 U-21 caps.

I was replying to your own post, where you wrote "....... JFC hasn't been given an England opportunity yet." :smile:

Yes because to draw the comparison with Mbappe he would need to be given a full England opportunity, not youth level because that is the highest level :)
  • We presumably can't sign anybody unless it is on a Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday.
  • Away kit launch today, could that involve a signing announcement as well? Nah probably just Taylor in the kit.
  • Taylor and Fosu

• Joined Wigan last season after leaving us. Another former CAFC player at Wimbledon.
  • Scoham said:

Joined Wigan last season after leaving us. Another former CAFC player at Wimbledon.
    Think they could do alright this season, got some decent players for League One and Ardley always gets them working hard.
  • Oggy Red said:

How dare you!
  • Sage said:

Scoham said:

Joined Wigan last season after leaving us. Another former CAFC player at Wimbledon.
    Think they could do alright this season, got some decent players for League One and Ardley always gets them working hard.
    Though in this case Thomas is completely unproven. Had a look, Wigan loaned him to the National League like we did, so he’s only ever had a run of games in the 5th tier.
  • Scoham said:

Sage said:

Scoham said:

Though in this case Thomas is completely unproven. Had a look, Wigan loaned him to the National League like we did, so he’s only ever had a run of games in the 5th tier.
    No, personally I never rated Thomas coming through the academy, others might have another opinion but he didn’t cut it for me.

I was just saying more in general about their business this summer. For a club like Wimbledon, they’ve done well.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited July 2018
    So much for that midfield signing today! LB you shouldn't have even mentioned it! Your catching Robinsonitis
  • uie2 said:

So much for that midfield signing today! LB you shouldn't have even mentioned it! Your catching Robinsonitis

Bowyer didnt say we'd be signing someone today

He said that the player would let us know by today if he wanted to sign with Charlton
    Bowyer also said we'd find out the identity of the player on Tuesday - presumably when the Belgian bloke returns to work.

• uie2 said:

He said that the player would let us know by today if he wanted to sign with Charlton
    Bowyer also said we'd find out the identity of the player on Tuesday - presumably when the Belgian bloke returns to work.

I thought someone said that "the Belgian bloke" was now on holiday
  • ross1 said:

uie2 said:

I thought someone said that "the Belgian bloke" was now on holiday
    I thought I read that somewhere last week too.
    Maybe Eddie Stobart is off to Dubai.
  • I think it was two different guys. One giving an answer, the other joining on trial.
  • uie2 said:

No that’s a different player. In that case he was talking about a trialist who will presumably play on Tuesday night.
  • uie2 said:

LB said a midfielder would be here today (persumingly training with the rest of the squad) and we would know by tuesday who it was......I assume by that he means that either the club or someone else(the player, his agent, or someone on here) would leak/say something about who it was. Its not bloody rocket science.....Sparrows Lane is not Area 51 & players driving in/out/running around a pitch are quite essy to spot.
  • Think it's poyet and pratley. Be pleased with that tbh.
  • Think it's poyet and pratley. Be pleased with that tbh.

Both would be Free Transfers

Doesnt count for the loan that gets mentioned