Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2018 transfer rumours

Comments

• Not too fussed about Josh Megennnis maybe going. Lovely guy, works so hard. Just misses so many chances. Anyone notice he almost missed the penalty in the Cambridge friendly?
  • I assume he'll know JFC from their days together at Brighton.

Just like JFC, he played regularly for Brighton when younger, but then lost his way. You don't play 70 times for them in the Championship without having some ability
  • Moo said:

Not too fussed about Josh Megennnis maybe going. Lovely guy, works so hard. Just misses so many chances. Anyone notice he almost missed the penalty in the Cambridge friendly?

Not until we have proper replacement. Already short on numbers
  • Still no sign of James Collins (released by West Ham) then?
  • danwhicks said:

Still no sign of James Collins (released by West Ham) then?

Were we ever interested?
  • Crusty54 said:

se9addick said:

cafcwill said:

se9addick said:

Any news on new goalkeepers coming in?

Don't need a number one. We have Philips. All we need is backup
    Quite, that was my question!
    You wouldn't say that after his performance last night. Spilled one shot and distribution awful. The goal he let in was unstoppable. He hardly moved.
    Didn't the goalies swap? Not sure it was Phillips...
  • JamesSeed said:

Crusty54 said:

se9addick said:

cafcwill said:

se9addick said:

You wouldn't say that after his performance last night. Spilled one shot and distribution awful. The goal he let in was unstoppable. He hardly moved.
    If you mean the Dulwich game it was Phillips who conceded. Maynard-Brewer replaced him at half time and didn’t concede.
  • JamesSeed said:

Crusty54 said:

se9addick said:

cafcwill said:

se9addick said:

So we had the Dulwich ‘keeper in goal?
  • CafcSCP said:

Moo said:

Not too fussed about Josh Megennnis maybe going. Lovely guy, works so hard. Just misses so many chances. Anyone notice he almost missed the penalty in the Cambridge friendly?

Not until we have proper replacement. Already short on numbers
    Agree with this. Not particularly fussed on Magennis going but we're already desperately short of numbers, so i don't see how selling a striker to a rival is a good idea.
  • Sponsored links:

• Sure Ince will be ready for Sunderland. No worries.

At the Valley.

2019/20 season.
  • Moo said:

He missed the Pen up at Peterborough too. Poor guy had a proper mare that day.
  • Seen Harry Forester has been released...wouldnt mind a punt on him if the opportunity came up.

He would rather go to Iran
  • Moo said:

A Peterborough fan quoted me on some building work a couple of months back, we got talking about football, and he went on to describe Magennis as the worst striker he'd ever seen!
  • danwhicks said:

Still no sign of James Collins (released by West Ham) then?

Due to a reduced budget we're now going after Joan Collins instead.
    If we get this one over the line, it might herald a new Dynasty of quality signings
  • edited July 2018
    This squad is shaping up to be worse than last season's. Ultimately, mid table will be a fantastic result and the end of the season.
  • Ben18 said:

Moo said:

A Peterborough fan quoted me on some building work a couple of months back, we got talking about football, and he went on to describe Magennis as the worst striker he'd ever seen!
    Hasn't seen Spongefoot play!
  • Sponsored links:

• Sage said:

Not sure if posted on another thread.

Doubt we would be in for Ricky
    To be honest, I would still be absolutely gutted if he went to Sunderland or Oxford. If he is available for a loan, why would we try and not make sure we do everything we can for him to be back at The Valley.

I can understand why Oxford want him as Robinson would be dribbling all over the place in the thought of having Ricky back to work with. And I can understand why Sunderland because he’s a top player in League One.

As said, if he is available, it’s got to be worth looking at bringing him back.
    I’m not usually one for going over the top about league one players - but him and Fosu as a pair of wingers would be promotion quality without a doubt.
    Agree with you both, wouldn't have any trouble slotting straight back in as he knows the players and the club, we know he is a top player at this level and with Aribo, Fosu and Holmes that's enough trickery to break down any side at this level. Would be a yes from me
  • Sage said:

To be honest, I would still be absolutely gutted if he went to Sunderland or Oxford. If he is available for a loan, why wouldn’t we try and not make sure we do everything we can for him to be back at The Valley.

I can understand why Oxford want him as Robinson would be dribbling all over the place in the thought of having Ricky back to work with. And I can understand why Sunderland because he’s a top player in League One.

ffs !!! why do some if you want to keep signing ex players ??? So far its been Cousins, Kermorgant, Poyet and now Holmes.

Holmes has had his day & I felt we played better after he had left. Maybe his head had been turned but he was half the player last seadon than the one that won POTY the season before......and I don't reckon dropping down a division would help his demeanour either.

Jeez..........I wonder which ex player is next....Shelvey ?? Jenkinson ?? Sordell ??
    Golfie is back!!!! Holmes is quality why would you not want him back?

You are chatting drivel 'we played better when he left' and we would probably have no chance of signing him anyway with this ownership, shame.
  • Sage said:

To be honest, I would still be absolutely gutted if he went to Sunderland or Oxford. If he is available for a loan, why wouldn’t we try and not make sure we do everything we can for him to be back at The Valley.

ffs !!! why do some if you want to keep signing ex players ??? So far its been Cousins, Kermorgant, Poyet and now Holmes.

Holmes has had his day & I felt we played better after he had left. Maybe his head had been turned but he was half the player last seadon than the one that won POTY the season before......and I don't reckon dropping down a division would help his demeanour either.

Jeez..........I wonder which ex player is next....Shelvey ?? Jenkinson ?? Sordell ??
    It’s pretty effing obvious actually. He’s available. He’s one of the few players in league one that can conjour real magic to win games and he was a fan favourite little over six months ago.

• Sage said:

Really fed up of people saying not to go back etc. At least in your defence it’s not just about that as you give other reasons as to why you don’t want him. Disagree with that though, even an off form Holmes is twice the player of Marshall or Ajose.
  • Should never have bloody sold him! We were going for promotion and sold our best player. Couldnt believe our lack of reaction at the time.
  • Holmes was crap for the last 6-8 weeks before he left but if he can rediscover his form prior to that, yes please.

I'm currently abroad but happy to drive Magennis to Peterborough on my return
  • wmcf123 said:

Holmes was crap for the last 6-8 weeks before he left but if he can rediscover his form prior to that, yes please.

I'm currently abroad but happy to drive Magennis to Peterborough on my return

Join the queue