Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2018 transfer rumours

Comments

• Scoham said:

We tried to buy Dasilva? Can't believe that.

Australian dollars ..... ?

But as some on here might have said, "they didn't have the money" :smile:
  • Moo said:

Taylor and KG ? We also have Clarke and Igor to come back.

Vetokele wont play for us again. The “injury” will stretch out until the January Transfer window. He will end up on loan in Belgium until the end of the season and then leave at the end of his contract.
    So your saying the takeover isn’t happening then ? How about he comes back from injury early scores a heap of goals and signs a new contract with us back in the championship with new owners.
  • I think he is the guy on the charlton FB group who seems to make up a far few rumours.

Ah that well known source of solid information.
  • Not sure if this has been mentioned on here but I have heard David martin the millwank keeper is training with us. Can anybody confirm ?
  • Igor won’t be out till December I had facia plasmta ( can’t be arsed to check spelling) I over trained for referee fitness test on grass running track and tore mine it’s due to over excersiving igor has done to much running looking at his Instagram. It’s like a stabbing pain in your heel when you put pressure on it. I changed to cycling to keep fit and then done referees fitness test just before season started fine. It’s caused by having high arches on your feet.you need inersols to support your feet. So for me igor is keen to have a good season to secure a new contract or a good next move in his career. Hope he smashes goals in all season. Aussies take over and give him a new contract be nice to see our best players playing for us not someone else.
  • Igor won’t be out till December I had facia plasmta ( can’t be arsed to check spelling) I over trained for referee fitness test on grass running track and tore mine it’s due to over excersiving igor has done to much running looking at his Instagram. It’s like a stabbing pain in your heel when you put pressure on it. I changed to cycling to keep fit and then done referees fitness test just before season started fine. It’s caused by having high arches on your feet.you need inersols to support your feet. So for me igor is keen to have a good season to secure a new contract or a good next move in his career. Hope he smashes goals in all season. Aussies take over and give him a new contract be nice to see our best players playing for us not someone else.

With the greatest respect. The levels of fitness you needed to achieve and what will be necessary for Igor are two totally different things. Also not all tears are the same. He already hasnt had a full pre season and when he finally does get back training he will still be weeks off. If we see Igor before Christmas it will be a bonus.
  • Martin posts on here.

He's reporting what Bowyer said last night.

Not sure why that was worth a flag.
  • I must be thinking of a different Martin, apologies.
  • Got players as good as Holmes, who apart from Fosu? That's just money surely, if Holmes wants to come back we should do everything we can to get him back.
  • wmcf123 said:

Holmes was crap for the last 6-8 weeks before he left but if he can rediscover his form prior to that, yes please.

I'm currently abroad but happy to drive Magennis to Peterborough on my return

And I’m to drive you to The Den to support them when you get home .
  • Sponsored links:

• Got players as good as Holmes, who apart from Fosu? That's just money surely, if Holmes wants to come back we should do everything we can to get him back.

If Bowyer doesn’t want him, that’s good enough for me.
    A player who showed nothing of the previous seasons form last season, wants to come back to a club he wanted to leave, because it now suits him and his family location in Essex, nah, your alright Ricky
  • DA9 said:

Got players as good as Holmes, who apart from Fosu? That's just money surely, if Holmes wants to come back we should do everything we can to get him back.

A player who showed nothing of the previous seasons form last season, wants to come back to a club he wanted to leave, because it now suits him and his family location in Essex, nah, your alright Ricky
    So (at a club you didn't support) you would happily stay at a basket case of a club and reject the chance to join a Club who were then in the play offs in the league above?

It hasn't worked out for him but I hold no bitterness towards him. I would have done the same. We are very light on the wing and I feel he has enough left in him to improve us massively for this season.

Maybe didn't show the season before form but he still looked our best threat most games and scored a couple of crackers.
  • DA9 said:

Got players as good as Holmes, who apart from Fosu? That's just money surely, if Holmes wants to come back we should do everything we can to get him back.

Got to agree with @DA9 on this one. You wanted to go, you went, you’ve been a failure, you can’t come back mate. Get someone in who really wants to play for us and Bow. Not someone looking for an easy option or cause he still lives nearby. He was good for us, but I’d prefer to move on.
  • edited July 2018

DA9 said:

So (at a club you didn't support) you would happily stay at a basket case of a club and reject the chance to join a Club who were then in the play offs in the league above?

It hasn't worked out for him but I hold no bitterness towards him. I would have done the same. We are very light on the wing and I feel he has enough left in him to improve us massively for this season.

Maybe didn't show the season before form but he still looked our best threat most games and scored a couple of crackers.
    May also mean that he is league one at best. I realise that we are currently in that league, but perhaps we should be looking at those capable of doing a job in the championship.
  • alangee said:

DA9 said:

May also mean that he is league one at best.
    Yeah but we are a League 1 club. A League 1 club severely lacking in depth. I haven't seen Dawkins yet, but from what I have heard/read, Holmes would be the better signing.
  • edited July 2018
    se9addick said:

Bloody hell, I hope this one isn’t true.
    I know, poor bastard having to go to Wales
  • For a player who was meant to be out of form to in the last 6-8 weeks he was at the club, to still have scored 6 and assisted 6 by Christmas isn’t too bad, is it? I also don’t buy the line that we were a better team without him. Okay it made others step up, goodness they had to, but how can you be a better team when one of your best and influential players leaves and gets replaced by Kaikai who came with promise but showed nothing?

If we can bring him back, that’s another player who will get double figures and another option to the team. It’s not like we have signed anyone in that position since. We could bring in Dawkins but if we can bring in both, that is both wings sorted, no problem.
  • alangee said:

DA9 said:

Yeah but we are a League 1 club. A League 1 club severely lacking in depth. I haven't seen Dawkins yet, but from what I have heard/read, Holmes would be the better signing.
    Holmes made his bed so not hugely sympathetic but I doubt if we would meet his wages. I think a lot of people are way too complacent about the squad we currently have though, even in this crap division.
  • Sponsored links:

• alangee said:

DA9 said:

Holmes made his bed so not hugely sympathetic but I doubt if we would meet his wages. I think a lot of people are way too complacent about the squad we currently have though, even in this crap division.
    I'm not sympathetic either but are you telling me you would have turned down Sheffield Utd in January to stay at Charlton? I certainly wouldn't and we shouldn't begrudge him that move.

As for now, if we could afford him then we should sign him because he would massively improve us.
  • alangee said:

DA9 said:

Having seen Dawkins play in 3 games now, he is a much better all round player.
  • Crusty54 said:

alangee said:

DA9 said:

Having seen Dawkins play in 3 games now, he is a much better all round player.
    Bowyer also enthuses about Dawkins, though having seen him at Welling and against Dulwich, I've yet to be convinced. Holmes's contribution to attacking play and his ability to score are proven. I suspect Bowyer feels the money could be better spent.

• Ferryman said:

CafcSCP said:

Moo said:

Not too fussed about Josh Megennnis maybe going. Lovely guy, works so hard. Just misses so many chances. Anyone notice he almost missed the penalty in the Cambridge friendly?

Not until we have proper replacement. Already short on numbers
    Agree with this. Not particularly fussed on Magennis going but we're already desperately short of numbers, so i don't see how selling a striker to a rival is a good idea.

CafcSCP said:

Moo said:

Not too fussed about Josh Megennnis maybe going. Lovely guy, works so hard. Just misses so many chances. Anyone notice he almost missed the penalty in the Cambridge friendly?

Not until we have proper replacement. Already short on numbers
    Agree with this. Not particularly fussed on Magennis going but we're already desperately short of numbers, so i don't see how selling a striker to a rival is a good idea.
    If it gives you £300/400k to sign Tom Eaves, it would be good business.
    This is a shout, if Magennis does go then Eaves would be the person I would like to replace him, not out of our reach either surely
    I admit Eaves played well at The Valley, but would you sign him on the back of one game?
    He banged in 18 goals last season so hardly only hard one decent game. He's a good age at 26 and lives locally in Kent.

We should always be looking to upgrade the team if we can. Magennis will never give us the goals we need from our strikers to get promotion.

Who do you think we can realistically get as a 'big man who can hold up the ball + score goals' replacement for Magennis that would do better job?

Eaves is a perfect & realistic target in my opinion.
    I'm not sure what's available for a norninal, undisclosed fee or free transfer.
  • Scoham said:

That would be ambitious.
  • Ferryman said:

Scoham said:

That would be ambitious.
    That’s why it’s bollox
  • alangee said:

DA9 said:

I'm not sympathetic either but are you telling me you would have turned down Sheffield Utd in January to stay at Charlton? I certainly wouldn't and we shouldn't begrudge him that move.

As for now, if we could afford him then we should sign him because he would massively improve us.
    Holmes didn't ask to leave, but saw our lack of ambition when the owner accepted the offer to cash in on yet another of our better players, and was then encouraged by an ambitious club in the Blades with a manager who wasn't Karl Robinson.

With the greatest respect. The levels of fitness you needed to achieve and what will be necessary for Igor are two totally different things. Also not all tears are the same. He already hasnt had a full pre season and when he finally does get back training he will still be weeks off. If we see Igor before Christmas it will be a bonus.
    i think you are both right

his girlfriend is based in london, he'd love to come back, only question is, could we get the budget to do the deal and does Bowyer see him as part of his plan? personally i'd love to see him back.