Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2018 transfer rumours

Comments

• Someone on Facebook said a keeper is signnnf next week.
  • uie2 said:

Got it on good authority that Dave Martin is coming in on loan

So he didn't want to sign for us on a free last summer but will come on loan this summer!! Ridiculous
    It all got confusing, I think he did want to sign but for some reason it never happened.
  • Got it on good authority that Dave Martin is coming in on loan

Last year he wanted to be No.1 - then he went on loan and barely got a kick.

Safe to say he’ll settle to be Dillon’s backup

• Dead ringer for Simon Church...

• shirty5 said:

Scoham said:

Someone on Facebook said a keeper is signnnf next week.

Johnny Morris

• Sponsored links:

• The concerning thing for me is the interview that Phillips did a week or so ago, where he said he wants to be a number one this season. So if Martin does come in, will we lose Phillips and be back to square one again with regards to Maynard-Brewer being our back up? Or is Martin coming in as the experienced number two to Phillips being number one?

TBH he looks more like Neil Harris' love child to me !
  • Surprised people think that we will get a replacement in if magennis goes. We let people go at the end of the window every year and don't get adequate cover in - one thing you can be sure of whilst RD remains in charge

Tbh I thought Lyle Taylor would be the replacement for Magennis. They play a similar role, but Taylor is better on the ground, and has more of an eye for a goal. Would be good to keep them both though.
  • My problem with the Keeper situation is not Phillips as number one. It's AMB as number two.I support this move if he is meant to compete with Dillon not displace him.

Martin has triggered a second year at Millwall and now has no chance of playing. I would have thought he would jump at the move especially if Millwall subsidised the wages as he won't need to relocate his family
  • Rohan Ince could be just what we need, a big imposing central midfielder ..

the potential problem is his seeming gradual drop in form over the past few seasons .. unable to hold down a place at Swindon or Bury is not an especially good reference ..

perhaps a chance of a restarted career and a few well chosen words of Bowyer wisdom along with a kick in the backside could re-motivate .. he was good for Brighton a few years back, though never a regular
  • Rohan Ince could be just what we need, a big imposing central midfielder ..

the potential problem is his seeming gradual drop in form over the past few seasons .. unable to hold down a place at Swindon or Bury is not an especially good reference ..

perhaps a chance of a restarted career and a few well chosen words of Bowyer wisdom along with a kick in the backside could re-motivate .. he was good for Brighton a few years back, though never a regular

He was only on a half season loan at Swindon. They loved him and wished they could sign him. Not sure what happened at Bury. They where very badly managed last season so perhaps he could be forgiven for that.
  • Did Ince play with JFC at Brighton?
  • Did Ince play with JFC at Brighton?

they were certainly there at the same time .. Brighton has always had good dependable squads especially in midfield, spoilt for choice perhaps .. they would certainly know one another, if they ever played first team together ? .. no idea
  • A Brighton fan I know agreed Ince should be good in League 1. He looked promising when he was there but could also come across as a bit lazy. Possibly issues around his attitude.

If there weren’t a few concerns I guess he’d still be playing Championship football.
  • if the lad has attitude, Bows won’t sign him. Hoping all goes well and we get him, think he’s a good player. Especially if we aren’t spending money on fees, not bad as a freebie
  • Sponsored links:

• Scoham said:

A Brighton fan I know agreed Ince should be good in League 1. He looked promising when he was there but could also come across as a bit lazy. Possibly issues around his attitude.

If there weren’t a few concerns I guess he’d still be playing Championship football.

Ince hasn't got a job at the moment.

That be a real wake up call to a player. He will know that he's got to pull out all the stops now to get a contract.
    A change of attitude and willingness to give more should be a part of that.

If it is, sign him. If not, jog on son.

Spongehand
    More like sponge fingers !!!
  • Oggy Red said:

Scoham said:

A Brighton fan I know agreed Ince should be good in League 1. He looked promising when he was there but could also come across as a bit lazy. Possibly issues around his attitude.

Ince hasn't got a job at the moment.

That be a real wake up call to a player. He will know that he's got to pull out all the stops now to get a contract.
    A change of attitude and willingness to give more should be a part of that.

If it is, sign him. If not, jog on son.

Agree in theory, but there's plenty of examples of talented players dropping down the leagues because of atittude. Being released doesn't seem to do much unfortunately.

Of course does't mean Ince will be the same, no harm in having a look at him.
  • Sorry Henry my little daughter was playing with my phone.

Not that old chestnut!
  • @welling1986 Any reason for the abuse flag on this or just a mistake?
    Don't you start @CAFCsayer