Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2018 transfer rumours

Comments

• CAFCDAZ said:

Got players as good as Holmes, who apart from Fosu? That's just money surely, if Holmes wants to come back we should do everything we can to get him back.

his girlfriend is based in london, he'd love to come back, only question is, could we get the budget to do the deal and does Bowyer see him as part of his plan? personally i'd love to see him back.

I think we have to move on. I don't know what happened, but he looked great. Then he stopped looking great. He'd be a gamble now, wouldn't he?
  • JamesSeed said:

CAFCDAZ said:

Got players as good as Holmes, who apart from Fosu? That's just money surely, if Holmes wants to come back we should do everything we can to get him back.

his girlfriend is based in london, he'd love to come back, only question is, could we get the budget to do the deal and does Bowyer see him as part of his plan? personally i'd love to see him back.

I think we have to move on. I don't know what happened, but he looked great. Then he stopped looking great. He'd be a gamble now, wouldn't he?
    Even if Ricky doesn't reach the heights he did in his first season or early last season, doesn't mean he isn't good enough. Even if he's not going to be one of our best players, doesn't mean he wouldn't be a good addition, certainly not a gamble.
  • CAFCDAZ said:

JamesSeed said:

CAFCDAZ said:

one name Sullay Kaikai.... i'd have a shit ricky holmes over him any day of the week
    Agree but was told at the time that Holmes wasn't much missed at Sparrows Lane.
  • CAFCDAZ said:

JamesSeed said:

CAFCDAZ said:

one name Sullay Kaikai.... i'd have a shit ricky holmes over him any day of the week
    That's interesting, would never have thought that.
  • DA9 said:

If Bowyer doesn’t want him, that’s good enough for me.
    A player who showed nothing of the previous seasons form last season, wants to come back to a club he wanted to leave, because it now suits him and his family location in Essex, nah, your alright Ricky
    So (at a club you didn't support) you would happily stay at a basket case of a club and reject the chance to join a Club who were then in the play offs in the league above?

It hasn't worked out for him but I hold no bitterness towards him. I would have done the same. We are very light on the wing and I feel he has enough left in him to improve us massively for this season.

Maybe didn't show the season before form but he still looked our best threat most games and scored a couple of crackers.
    I hold no bitterness either, however, Bowyer, who don’t forget, coached Ricky before he left, so he knows the player, and the man, Bowyer does not want him, after Ricky allegedly made his services available, that should be the end of it.
    As others have said, we did look more balanced once he’d left, time to move on, and I’ll say it again, he wanted to leave, his choice, it’s also Bowyers choice now, and he’s made it, we should also not be used as a fallback/buffer because it didn’t work out for him else where
  • CAFCDAZ said:

JamesSeed said:

CAFCDAZ said:

Was told the same by a colleague who knows one of the first team staff, “big time Charlie” were the exact words
  • Sponsored links:

• I find it pathetic that a player who has spent his entire career in lower league football thinks he can act like Billy big bollox.
    It's not as if he left the premier league to play for us is it.
  • I would welcome back Holmes, he’s a match winner in this division, people have very short memories.

Who's Holmes?

Who are you?

What's CharltonLife?
  • I find it pathetic that a player who has spent his entire career in lower league football thinks he can act like Billy big bollox.
    It's not as if he left the premier league to play for us is it.

That's a rumour, on here. Not fact.
  • I doubt he would come back, I swear he was getting quite a lot of abuse on Twitter from our fans when he left.
  • DA9 said:

DA9 said:

If Bowyer doesn’t want him, that’s good enough for me.
    A player who showed nothing of the previous seasons form last season, wants to come back to a club he wanted to leave, because it now suits him and his family location in Essex, nah, your alright Ricky
    So (at a club you didn't support) you would happily stay at a basket case of a club and reject the chance to join a Club who were then in the play offs in the league above?

It hasn't worked out for him but I hold no bitterness towards him. I would have done the same. We are very light on the wing and I feel he has enough left in him to improve us massively for this season.

Maybe didn't show the season before form but he still looked our best threat most games and scored a couple of crackers.
    I hold no bitterness either, however, Bowyer, who don’t forget, coached Ricky before he left, so he knows the player, and the man, Bowyer does not want him, after Ricky allegedly made his services available, that should be the end of it.
    As others have said, we did look more balanced once he’d left, time to move on, and I’ll say it again, he wanted to leave, his choice, it’s also Bowyers choice now, and he’s made it, we should also not be used as a fallback/buffer because it didn’t work out for him else where
    who would blame him for wanting out? broken promises from the basket case of an owner, or championship club pushing for promotion. id be letting everyone know if the price is right im interested. the guy was 30 years old, its taken 12 months and counting on this takeover, would you want to hang around? if it was a business, which is how the owner views it, no employee would want to be part of the mad house that charlton have become. i dont blame him at all. he was superb for us, last few games not so much but none of us know the situation he was in.
  • https://youtu.be/vn3XLyn64uI

Long but interesting interview with Peterborough chairman. At about 26 minutes in mentions their "inquiry" for magennis
  • https://youtu.be/vn3XLyn64uI

Long but interesting interview with Peterborough chairman. At about 26 minutes in mentions their "inquiry" for magennis

Why can't we have a chairman like this. He evens replies to tweets from fans.
  • Know it would be nice to have a Chairman that communicated yet find him the owner equivalent of Robinson!! - Especially the fact they're difficult sods to do Transfers with yet when it didnt work for Ricky Miller the bloke was equally gobby about the player not wanting to move on when offers were being accepted
  • Sponsored links:

• Lookman could be going for £20m .
  • Lookman could be going for £20m .

Sell-on fee in Roland's back pocket. Could he be hanging on to that?
  • CAFCDAZ said:

JamesSeed said:

CAFCDAZ said:

That’s not setting the bar very high though ;-)
  • Valley11 said:

Richarlison going from Watford to Everton for.....£50m

Football really has gone mad.

Hasn’t really, that’s the equivalent of 15-20 a few years ago which isn’t too far from where he should be. The market moves as a whole, they’ll be receiving fees on the same scale.
  • redbuttle said:

https://youtu.be/vn3XLyn64uI

We can ;-)
  • JamesSeed said:

redbuttle said:

https://youtu.be/vn3XLyn64uI

We can ;-)
    Hope so...
  • Valley11 said:

Richarlison going from Watford to Everton for.....£50m

Football really has gone mad.

Hasn’t really, that’s the equivalent of 15-20 a few years ago which isn’t too far from where he should be. The market moves as a whole, they’ll be receiving fees on the same scale.
    Fifty million pounds for an average forward. It’s mad.