Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Blackburn 28/04/2018 - POST MATCH THREAD

Comments

• Options
    Macronate said:

C’mon, Rochdale v Charlton on the box?

Could it be put on tv this late?
  • Options
    Macronate said:

C’mon, Rochdale v Charlton on the box?

Nah, probably Wigan title party.
  • Options
    Did we really only have 1 shot?
  • Options
    Unfortunately Wigan didn't capitalise on Blackburn losing so the title race is still on so expect both Rovers and Wigan games on TV, plus at the bottom you have Northampton V Oldham where it could be loser goes down so pretty sure that will be looked at before us as well.
  • Options

No we had several not sure why only one logged by BBC & Sky
  • Options

No. Two!!!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    vffvff
    edited April 2018
    One shot. One shot on target. One corner.

*** According to BBC stats

Whatever the stats its only the shot that matters ! Three points !!! Points on the board better than those to be earned from games in hands. COYRs
  • Options
    Ref today was superb.....but loses a point for 7 minutes went up.
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    My eldest was there and said injury time was the longest 8 minutes of his life.

I’ve got the Stones concert on 25th and we were planning on going down the night before and staying Thursday and Friday in London. I haven’t booked the hotel yet just in case I need to add Saturday night!

Lord Bowyer certainly knows how to gee them up. COYR
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    vff said:

One shot. One shot on target. One corner. Three points !!!! Get in !

Amos didn’t have that much more to do, to be fair. Nil-nil would not have been an unfair result at all.

It was a performance reminiscent of many under Robinson looking good in midfield but not creating a huge amount in attack. Goes without saying that the difference was the phenomenal level of commitment and with that we earnt a huge slice of luck.

There were at least two shots though because we scored a goal and JFC forced an excellent save towards the end.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    SDAddick said:

Haven't been able to breathe in a good three hours. Losing my voice from shouting.

Fuck me.

What a gutsy, gritty, determined performance.

That's the loudest I've heard The Valley in quite some time.

The players deserved it today, we deserved it today, win and we're in the playoffs, and who would fancy us when we get up a head of steam and still show fight and determination like that.

A big fuck you to those thinking about Wembley and booking flights because you've made me think about it as well and that kind of thing is terrible luck.

I’m booking nothing until Wembley is certain but if we make it, I probably will too.
  • Options
    Heroes. What a result. Had luck on our side with the goal and them hitting the bar. Frustrating that we haven’t secured the play-offs but it’s far more than I expected a couple of months ago. I wanted Robinson gone just to give us hope of promotion, now we look like a team that has a real chance. Whatever happens it shows what a difference a manager can make.
  • Options
    Anyone see anyone of interest in the directors box?
  • Options
    I have no idea how we didn’t concede or give away a penalty in those first 10 mins of the second half, players flying all over the gaff. What a performance! Mark Marshall take a bow, as has been said he gave everything he had today!
  • Options
    As others have said, not a game of great quality or skill from either side tbf but we were clearly up for it more than Blackburn were. Throwing bodies and last ditch tackles in all over the pitch and defending from the front.

All of them put a massive shift in and thought we were (just about) worthy winners in the end even though we didn't really work their keeper at all.
  • Options

All we needed
  • Options
    We proper road our luck there.

What a cracking atmosphere at the end. We can do this!!!!

Can’t wait for Rochdale.

• Options
    Dale94 said:

if people are wondering, Rotherham scored then was disallowed, Plymouth then ran down and scored a pen, why it said 1 - 2 then changed too 2 - 1

Thanks mate. This post deserves a promote.