Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Blackburn 28/04/2018 - POST MATCH THREAD

Comments

• Options

I have no idea how we didn’t concede or give away a penalty in those first 10 mins of the second half, players flying all over the gaff. What a performance! Mark Marshall take a bow, as has been said he gave everything he had today!

Regarding giving away a penalty, I was thinking the same myself. Shows the restraint and composure Bows has instilled in the players. In the past we would have been reckless and given away a silly penalty in some of those panic moments. I can picture him drumming it into them. "Don't give away an effing penalty".
  • Options
    LouisMend said:
    Shame in a way he wont be watching as we could end up with either Scunthorpe or Plymouth in the Play-Off Final so be good to watch how they play

I guess though he'll worry about that when we get there and watch back recorded games
  • Options
    Finally a goal off a players arse!

What a fantastic atmosphere, a crowd at last, the covered end was immense, the best for two seasons, made me remember why I love going to Valley.

I've two Rochdale tickets in my wallet and praying that we don't need to go there, come on Scunny!

• Options
    Seth - that is a classic post.
  • Options
    Dont understand why Lee doesnt want to watch Tuesdays game - surely it would be correct to watch any team that we might play in the play-offs?
  • Options

Dont understand why Lee doesnt want to watch Tuesdays game - surely it would be correct to watch any team that we might play in the play-offs?

I’m sure he will.
  • Options
    edited April 2018

What will be will be mate and as FA said he'll be studying and analysing the recording if and when that becomes a priority. No point wasting time and effort with Rochdale to prepare for next week.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Marshall. What a game he had. As above all the players put in a shift but Marshall was immense. COYR. Love it,different gear today.
  • Options
    Everyone was fantastic today by putting their body on the line and putting everything into that win.

But wow, Marshall was incredible. Best player on the pitch today.

More to come later but very, very happy!
  • Options
    fantastic result with marshall’s performance exemplifying the whole team’s; gutsy, tenacious, dogged, consistent, unrelenting and determined; just what every fan wants. Its not wuite there yet but how great was that and for whoever is going next week; I hope you all keep up the noise loud and clear. Tuesday night will be interesting but not relevant in that we need to keep winning matches if we are going to get promoted.
  • Options
    imageimageimage

Wonder how these three feel after coming to the Valley on very good runs...
  • Options
    Phew. Before the game I would have taken a draw, indeed I predicted a 1-1 draw, but the wins for Scunthorpe and Plymouth today made that a crucial 3 points. A draw followed by a midweek win for Plymouth would have left us 7th going into the Rochdale game!

In some ways a lucky win, but we deserved it for the 100% defensive commitment. And it wasn't as if Blackburn weren't trying, they really went for it in the second half, no doubt boosted by the Wigan scoreline.

So many stars, but plaudits to Bauer who is getting better and better. The way he constantly won the ball and the physical challenges without giving away free kicks (or worse) was really impressive. And I loved the way Pearce took charge of the situation at the end, that's what you need from a defensive leader and team captain. Indeed I was expecting 7 minutes of constant Blackburn pressure, whereas instead we completely controlled the added time.
  • Options
    Superb all round, atmosphere was just like the old days

MOM toss up between Amos and Marshall
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited April 2018
  • Options
    stonemuse said:
    Was going to ask what happened to him as thought it was something serious the amount of time he was down

Really soldiering through what with getting injured just after Half-Time last week
  • Options
    Whoops :smile:
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    With other results we needed that against the best team in the League whether Wigan win it or not! Great spirit and work rate from every player and sometimes you make your own luck. Like the Blackburn 17 - very good player. Now just a case of Scunthorpe winning and goal difference will make it hard to miss out. Will be watching on Sky on Tuesday!
  • Options
    We asked you to bring your voices and you certainly did!

What BRILLIANT support at The Valley today! #cafc

• Options
    Solid if unspectacular performance. Everybody put in a shift and thank heavens for Pearse's arse.
  • Options
    edited April 2018