Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

2018 FIFA World Cup Thread

Comments

• People not realising that VAR is being used. That's a good sign.

Yep. Must have been mid gulp when the ref went to the VAR.
  • rina said:

I'm baffled as to why they go to var for that but not for the ronaldo dive. surely you either look at both or neither

They did use VAR for the Ronaldo 'dive'...
    I dont think they did, comms never said if they did
    The comms on my American tele said that they did use it.
    Whoever is commentating over there probably knows more than Wanky Murphy so I will go with you
  • rina said:

I'm baffled as to why they go to var for that but not for the ronaldo dive. surely you either look at both or neither

They did use VAR for the Ronaldo 'dive'...
    I dont think they did, comms never said if they did
    The comms on my American tele said that they did use it.
    Whoever is commentating over there probably knows more than Wanky Murphy so I will go with you
    Former Bolton midfielder Stuart Holden!
  • Best goalkeeper in the world? You’re having a laugh.
  • DDG best keeper in the world my arse
  • Nick Pope best keeper in the Premier League.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited June 2018
    Only the greats score jammy goals against De gea

Ronaldo, Bardsley etc
  • Poppadom hands
  • Hints of Rob Green there.
  • Carbon copy of Rob Green's error in 2010
  • 1StevieG said:

Hints of Rob Green there.

Exactly and Rob Green got pelters in the English Press
  • Absolute howler by De Gea, don't expect to see that.
  • Brilliant first half - loving it. Feels like the World Cup has truly begun.
  • Ronaldo has made DeGea look like a chump.
  • Sponsored links:

• 1StevieG said:

Ronaldo has made DeGea look like a chump.

I don't think Ronaldo has made anyone look like a chump. DDG has managed it all by himself
  • Panel concludes penalty 100% correct. Var concludes definite penalty. Does anyone still think it was not a penalty?
  • who on earth is doctor benjy? fair enough if they did use it but everything I can find is referring to the costa decision as the first use of var
  • Part of me wonders if its like Kane's goal against Nigeria, again was a 'keeper error yet was so much power behind the ball sometimes it cant be held / stopped
  • Ref is in constant contact with the VAR team. They review everything immediately and then feed it to him through an ear piece. Ref doesnt review himself
  • Obviously it WAS a penalty because a penalty was awarded. But in my world, Ronaldo would never, ever win a penalty
  • So many replays and still have no idea why pepe went down holding the top of his face, if there was contact it was the neck and very weak
  • edited June 2018

Part of me wonders if its like Kane's goal against Nigeria, again was a 'keeper error yet was so much power behind the ball sometimes it cant be held / stopped

Parry it out if you're unsure. No ball, ever, is travelling too fast to be stopped
  • edited June 2018

Panel concludes penalty 100% correct. Var concludes definite penalty. Does anyone still think it was not a penalty?

Apprently Danny Murphy is still chuntering.