Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

2018 FIFA World Cup Thread

Comments

• 15 minutes in and Morocco have had 83% possesion

Thanks Karl
  • Both are awful at shooting!!
  • Closest we've come to premier league kind of tempo game though. Enjoying this so far.
  • edited June 2018

Plenty of empty orange seats... wouldn't get this at a UK based World Cup... :-)

Because none of the games would be played at Bloomfield Road?
  • Am a little surprised Reza isnt playing, he's a quick player so surely be useful to hit Morocco on the counter attack
  • Am a little surprised Reza isnt playing, he's a quick player so surely be useful to hit Morocco on the counter attack

He is normally on the bench for Iran
  • WHY OH WHY IS THE FUCKING VUVUZELA BACK
  • How did Iran not score
  • edited June 2018
    Idiot, knew the moment he got the ball stuck between his legs that the chance had gone

Have no words for that second moment for Iran
  • Sponsored links:

• Reza would have buried it....

......into row Z
  • Morocco started much stronger but it is anybody's game now. I'm quite enjoying it as it feels like a must win for both of these teams!

Refs seem to be ignoring the diving so Reza has had to work on a plan B
  • edited June 2018

Morocco started much stronger but it is anybody's game now. I'm quite enjoying it as it feels like a must win for both of these teams!

It is a must win really

If it goes by the quality of the squads then you'd expect Spain to win tonight along with their remaining Group games

Whoever wins this one can then draw with Portugal and potentially qualify for the next round thanks to Goal Difference
  • Group A followed by this tie was probably the worst possible start in terms of quality
  • Laddick01 said:

Group A followed by this tie was probably the worst possible start in terms of quality

This has probably been the best game yet, both countries have plenty to play for.
  • And FIFA wants to add more of these teams into the World Cup... lol
  • Egypt v Uruguay should have been the best game on paper yet has been the worst to watch

Russian game and this one were supposed to be awful yet have been excellent to watch, i'm not expecting a thriller tonight either, reckon it'll be a tight game for the most part
  • Egypt v Uruguay should have been the best game on paper yet has been the worst to watch

Russian game and this one were supposed to be awful yet have been excellent to watch, i'm not expecting a thriller tonight either, reckon it'll be a tight game for the most part

First half was decent with a few chances each way, but this second half has been dismal

I’m sure the 7pm game will deliver something
  • Laddick01 said:

Egypt v Uruguay should have been the best game on paper yet has been the worst to watch

First half was decent with a few chances each way, but this second half has been dismal

I’m sure the 7pm game will deliver something
    Game appears to have the tempo of a Premier League game with the skill / shooting of a Conference match
  • Sponsored links:

• Dismal second half indeed. Hardly any threatening attacking play and Iran have come with a tactic of killing the game and trying to nick a goal late.

• edited June 2018
    both teams look knackered now tbh think the pace of the first half was too much for them
  • Moroccans should be able to deal with it better than the Iranian players, you'd think, with 20 of the 23 playing for European teams.
  • Moroccans should be able to deal with it better than the Iranian players, you'd think, with 20 of the 23 playing for European teams.

You'd think so but there have been 3 very tired misplaced passes into touch in the last 5 minutes from Morrocan players.
  • No idea what Iran's tactic is here? Wasting time for a 0-0 draw makes no sense. They hoping to pick up points against Spain and Portugal?
  • Just seen footage of a bear in the back of a jeep playing a vuvuzeala, cruel fuckers, think it may kick off once they have been knocked out.
  • edited June 2018
    A billion dollars well spent for a stadium that has reduced views in the top corners.
  • No idea what Iran's tactic is here? Wasting time for a 0-0 draw makes no sense. They hoping to pick up points against Spain and Portugal?

Carlos Queiroz has been attacked by many Iranian fans for his negative tactics, today certainly backs that up
  • Christ almighty, get less rolls in a bakery!!