Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

2018 FIFA World Cup Thread

Comments

• gotta say though Portugal are the very definition of a one man team
  • Actually surprises me that he could get cramp
  • Ronaldo could well win the Golden Boot at this rate.

Especially with Iran and Morocco to play, he could have 6-7 goals before the 2nd round.
  • Ronaldo could well win the Golden Boot at this rate.

Especially with Iran and Morocco to play, he could have 6-7 goals before the 2nd round.
    Yeah but Iran have Reza...
  • I take back my player of the match. Ronaldo all over Spain like a boss.
  • Are the comms really saying Ronaldo hasnt been talked about much in the pre match build up.

There was a fucking tv programme on the night before last just about him
  • gotta say though Portugal are the very definition of a one man team

Makes it even more astonishing imo

Man for man (Ronaldo aside) England are better than Portugal.
  • What a game.

I vote to abolish draws in group games....I want another half hour
  • Great game that, had a bit of everything.
  • What. A. Match.

You can't beat World Cup football when it's like that.
  • Sponsored links:

• What a game.

I vote to abolish draws in group games....I want another half hour

Portugal certainly know how to draw them

Thats their fourth draw on the trot in the Group Stages of a Major Tournament
  • Gonna be hard to top that.
  • Ronaldo
    Messi
    Salah

That order 1 2 3

Always loved ronnie like I do Becks

The man is just magic consistency over the years on the biggest stage

• Fear for Iran and Moroccco with those two competing to smash them on goal difference.
  • Be great if this tournament features Ronaldo and Messi at their best, and if their team come up against each other in the latter stages. Two of the greatest players of all time at their peak in a World Cup would be quite something.

If they both finish 1st or they both finish 2nd, they'd meet in a quarter final.

If one team finishes 1st and the other 2nd, they could only possibly meet in the final.
  • Didn't look a great deal of contact between Pique and Ronaldo to me. I will reserve judgement until I've seen it from another angle, but it will slightly take the gloss off a stunning free kick if he dived to win it.
  • A classic right there after 2 games of shite.
  • Wow

To me in international football Ronaldo shades Messi, as you just feel it means more to him
  • Sponsored links:

• edited June 2018
    and we..saw him play at The Valley a life time ago ----- sigh
  • A humdinger. Not sure the spanish lady next door will recover in a hurry :)
  • Wow. Just wow. You have a Christiano Ronaldo in the team and you always have a chance.

That is why football is the greatest sport on earth.
  • Spain are so good. Incredible that they didn't win that. Got Costa for top scorer, so come on mate.
  • Next time you feel down after a game of football, read page 37 of the 2018 World Cup thread.

This is what the game does.
  • Spain were a bit suspect defensively - that is what everybody else has to cling on to. Mt tip for the cup before and they still remain so!