Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

2018 FIFA World Cup Thread

Comments

• Options
    Lovely finish there
  • Options
    Peru around the box have been great to watch
  • Options

Cant believe that back heel didnt go in

Lovely piece of skill
  • Options

Cant believe that back heel didnt go in

Lovely piece of skill
    Looking at replay and rewinding a few times, I am sure it took a nick of Christensen
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    Plenty of missed chances for Peru but Denmark owe Schmeichel a big debt of gratitude.
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    At this rate see France v Peru as very interesting...

Defensively Peru look poor which should benefit the French attack yet if they play like they did this morning then Peru will get chances.

Defeat for the French in that game and they'll probably need something from the Denmark game as see these two brushing Australia aside
  • Options
    Think Peru will fancy themselves against France, they play great forward football
  • Options
    Harsh on Peru.
  • Options
    Big result for Denmark. They were crap and Peru could trouble France.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Someone at work told me it's head-to-head first rather than goal difference in the groups if sides finish level on points. Anyone able to verify that?

Anyway, I've been on the sofa for 8 and a half hours. Think I might go for a walk round the block before the final instalment of this glorious day.
  • Options
    MrLargo said:

Someone at work told me it's head-to-head first rather than goal difference in the groups if sides finish level on points. Anyone able to verify that?

Anyway, I've been on the sofa for 8 and a half hours. Think I might go for a walk round the block before the final instalment of this glorious day.

It was mentioned last night that it is goal difference first
  • Options
    edited June 2018

Only 700 Danes there....that's shocking support as they used to travel in huge numbers....how does the ticket allocations work for there world cup games?....On the other hand 40,000 Peru there....the Leeds Utd of this world cup.

I wouldn’t expect us to have loads more at our first two games. Neither sold out I don’t believe and they were paltry allocations to start with.

PS - 40k Peru?? Attendance was 40,500.

Eng got allocations of circa a few k for each game.
  • Options
    Roy Keane is such a miserable bastard! constantly has a face like a slapped arse.
  • Options
    A percentage with reference to population would be more helpful.
  • Options
    can't believe they're hosting games in Kaliningrad. that's like England hosting and putting on games in Gibraltar
  • Options
    Surprising number of Americans considering they didn't qualify!

The Putin and Russian Hooligan factors have presumably affected European levels of support, I guess people from other parts of the world weren't so bothered
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    JaShea99 said:

Here you go...need to do a quiz first though.

https://www.jetpunk.com/user-quizzes/38391/2018-world-cup-teams-by-population
  • Options

Only 700 Danes there....that's shocking support as they used to travel in huge numbers....how does the ticket allocations work for there world cup games?....On the other hand 40,000 Peru there....the Leeds Utd of this world cup.

I wouldn’t expect us to have loads more at our first two games. Neither sold out I don’t believe and they were paltry allocations to start with.

PS - 40k Peru?? Attendance was 40,500.

Eng got allocations of circa a few k for each game.
    Yes agreed slight exaggeration.....but that's what they said on TV.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    JaShea99 said:

Impressive numbers from South America.
  • Options

Roy Keane is such a miserable bastard! constantly has a face like a slapped arse.

It's ridiculous - how much must it cost to send him over there and put him up for the tournament and he provides about two words of "analysis" before the match.

I genuinely don't think having solely former pro's providing analysis makes sense, just because you played the game doesn't mean you can explain it.
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    se9addick said:

It's ridiculous - how much must it cost to send him over there and put him up for the tournament and he provides about two words of "analysis" before the match.

I genuinely don't think having solely former pro's providing analysis makes sense, just because you played the game doesn't mean you can explain it.
    Don't give up the day job :wink: .
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    Weird but always good to see the first match of a tournament played at a new stadium that England will play in later in the tournament. England v Belgium at this stadium in Kaliningrad...
  • Options
    94th min iran goal has prevented me getting the outcome correct of every match so far.
  • Options
    I reckon Nigeria win this one.
  • Options

Surprising number of Americans considering they didn't qualify!

Huge spying opportunity.
  • Options

94th min iran goal has prevented me getting the outcome correct of every match so far.

I've predicted all of them right, including the 94th minute Iranian winner.

Lawrenson tweeted me earlier asking if I wanted a job but I said no thanks I'm making shit loads from IT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Z8pgV74_Hw