Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

2018 FIFA World Cup Thread

Comments

• Options
    No red cards yet though. Normally we have had a couple by now at least.
  • Options
    Would like to see a couple of yellows at least for diving if I'm being Picky.
  • Options

Yeah seems to be the one thing thats still being ignored...
  • Options
    it's been 18 world cup games since the last red card now, costa rica/Greece in the second round in Brazil was the last one
  • Options

Moses could of had 5 yellows for Diving tonight
  • Options

McBobbin said:

The commentator on radio 5 sounds exactly like Alan Partridge

Terry Butcher?
    Yep
  • Options
    Roy Keanes post match analysis is going to be riveting.
  • Options
    Can say I haven't seen a really decent game yet and I've seen them all except one.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    1StevieG said:

Roy Keanes post match analysis is going to be riveting.

Quite like his honesty.
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    Amazingly not had a nil nil yet.

Predictions for the first nil nil match please. I'm saying England v Tunisia...
  • Options
    Costa Rica v Serbia | Sweden v South Korea are my potentials for a 0-0 scoreline
  • Options
    Very disapointed with Nigeria. Croatia hard to judge as they did what they had to do.
  • Options

No red cards yet though. Normally we have had a couple by now at least.

Don't worry England haven't played yet
  • Options
    Tunisia are a decent side - recently drew with Portugal and Turkey - only lost 1-0 to Spain. Panama are an easy 3 points - for everybody in the group, but Tunisia on paper is tough and if we don't win it we will probably need something from the Belgium game!
  • Options

Can say I haven't seen a really decent game yet and I've seen them all except one.

Presumably missed Portugal 3 Spain 3 ?
    Yer....we went out to a Moroccan restaurant on Friday night......after they got beat 1-0 by Iran.
  • Options

Presumably missed Portugal 3 Spain 3 ?
    That looked like some game, saw the goals latter in the evening.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Tunisia are a decent side - recently drew with Portugal and Turkey - only lost 1-0 to Spain. Panama are an easy 3 points - for everybody in the group, but Tunisia on paper is tough and if we don't win it we will probably need something from the Belgium game!

If we don't win it this country will go into meltdown.
  • Options
    The only circumstance in which I'd happily welcome Russian ultras turning up. Awful.
  • Options
    cafc4life said:

Moses could of had 5 yellows for Diving tonight
    You can take the boy out of Palace but you can’t take Palace out of the boy...
  • Options

lol are you going out your way to be miserable?

Peru v Denmark was a great game and Spain v Portugal was an all time classic.

Still, it’s no Charlton against Shrewsbury.
  • Options

i'd also add the Argentina/Iceland game was a great watch as well (for different reasons to the above)
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    Looking forward to the last two games today - about to watch the first but more in hope than expectation!

Croatia v Nigeria was terrible, but I have found something to enjoy in most so far!

As for the band. I remember when we had that Dutch band at the Valley and I went home with a splitting headache! There is no need for them or those bloody things beginning with V that I can't spell!

• Options
    edited June 2018
    Seriously, Dowie? Fuck sake.
  • Options
    edited June 2018

Spain/Portugal was decent....it was the one I missed....and I said really decent, most have been OK, though Iran/Morocco wasn't all that, won't be watching Serbia V Costa Rica....so that will be a 4-4 thriller, may watch Germany/Mexico in the pub and hopefully Brazil/Switzerland....though maybe a bit worse for wear by then.
    Enjoyed watching Peru, thought the Danes were lucky to win that, Iceland were very good and deserved a point against Argentina.