Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

2018 FIFA World Cup Thread

Comments

• Options
    Fulham were so lucky they managed to get Mitrovic last season
  • Options
    has any game so far had less than 5 minutes injury time? I know there's VAR to account for now but still - I've only been half watching this one did I miss a long injury?
  • Options
    Matic would’ve killed that bald guy
  • Options
    did I just see a costa rican player throw a slap there?
  • Options
    Clearly Matic didn’t think it was his throw Iain or he wouldn’t have been so desperate to grab it.
  • Options
    Think that's the first time VAR has felt clunky in the tournament.
  • Options
    Difficult one that, he does swing the arm
  • Options
    if the ref passes up a red card review can he still give a yellow or is it red or nothing?
  • Options
    Red card for the pansy throwing himself to the ground.
  • Options

if the ref passes up a red card review can he still give a yellow or is it red or nothing?

There's your answer. :-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Well done ref.
  • Options

I thought so too.
  • Options
    Referees have been good throughout. Maybe the VAR helps them. Ref in last game was spot on throughout.

Disapointed with Costa Rica. Serbia deserved the win. They won't be pulling up any trees in this tournament though!
  • Options

Referees have been good throughout. Maybe the VAR helps them. Ref in last game was spot on throughout.

Disapointed with Costa Rica. Serbia deserved the win. They won't be pulling up any trees in this tournament though!

Thought they looked quality in the first 15 minutes or so but then became poorer and poorer in front of goal.
  • Options
    I wonder if other countries studio analysts are as demographically diverse as the English ones?
  • Options

I thought so too.
    I think they just glossed over that first incident in the studio there - would like to see that again it looked like he raised his hands there.
  • Options

I think the only country that can feel genuinely aggrieved about any decision is Argentina and the penalty they did not get.
    I agree.
    But as it's Argentina haha
  • Options

I think the only country that can feel genuinely aggrieved about any decision is Argentina and the penalty they did not get.</blockquote

But the one they got wasn't a penalty so cancels out their aggrievement .
  • Options

DRAddick said:

I wonder if other countries studio analysts are as demographically diverse as the English ones?

By the next World Cup all TV analysts on U.K. Television will either be female, non white, gay or lesbian.
    He was an excellent player but Lawrenson is frustrating to listen to. Keane always seems like he can't be arsed. Aluko did alright, even disagreed with Larson - I like disagreement - it is a game of opinions - and different ones should be encouraged -and she had a good point!
  • Options

This ITV panel is complete shit. All four of them.

Absolutely shocking I agree
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

DRAddick said:

I think the only country that can feel genuinely aggrieved about any decision is Argentina and the penalty they did not get.
    Having seen the VAR replays several times I have to agree with the referee and most TV pundits and conclude the penalty decision they did get was 100% correct.
    Strange. Most pundits watching the replay I've seen agreed it wasn't a penalty. The Argentinian deliberately instigated the contact.
  • Options
    Evra just wants to be loved. Zero actual insight.
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    There should be a rule that the Argentinians don't get anything. End of!

BTW- Dowie is a decent co-commentator. A crap manager maybe, but he doesn't annoy like some!
  • Options
    Am i alone in thinking Dowie is alright?
  • Options
    Not alone. :) Look above! Probably not more than two of us though!