Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jay Dasilva

Comments

• Options
    Still without a club ahead of the new season. Bolton rumoured to be interested.
  • Options
    Yeah his situation confuses me...

Hasn't been involved with the Chelsea First-Team in terms of friendlies and has yet to be loaned out

Feels like they're delaying his improvement by loaning him out so late as makes it harder for him to have a proper Pre-Season as his new loan side
  • Options
    Amazed he’s not fixed up yet, he’s too good to be an Aug 31st loan deadline day deal
  • Options
    Latest addition to museum

• Options
    edited August 2018
    Saw a 17yo playing for Chelsea in one of their prestigious friendlies. Callum Hudson-Odoi who is English and looked quite a prospect!!
  • Options
    I would wait for the transfer window to close and then clubs will start to release fringe players out on loan.
  • Options
    Signed for Bristol City on a season long loan.
  • Options
    Sad.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Sad.

Not for him.
  • Options
    Big season for him. He can clearly do it at league one level, now needs to step up.

If he does well he might be looking at a bottom half premier league loan the following season.
  • Options
    I am continually amazed that young players continue to go to the supposed big clubs.They will not get their chance,Jay is a cracking prospect,he can easily play at a higher level,and quite possibly given the chance play in the premiership.Chelsea won the fa youth cup last year,again,yet I believe John Terry was the last player to come through their youth system to play regularly.This obsession with paying 40-50 million for un heard of foreign no marks is killing our game.A bit of a rant,but it really pisses me off.
  • Options

I am continually amazed that young players continue to go to the supposed big clubs.They will not get their chance,Jay is a cracking prospect,he can easily play at a higher level,and quite possibly given the chance play in the premiership.Chelsea won the fa youth cup last year,again,yet I believe John Terry was the last player to come through their youth system to play regularly.This obsession with paying 40-50 million for un heard of foreign no marks is killing our game.A bit of a rant,but it really pisses me off.

Your right but the simple fact is they are paid silly money before most have got near a 23 squad let alone the first team, that alone is incentive enough for most..
    What needs to happen is clubs in all lower divisions must stop feeding the premier league clubs by continually taking these players on loan...... this will stop the likes of Chelsea hoovering up every decent player in sight, even though they have zero intention to develop the older players themselves or show intention to make it through to their own first team. Any club having circa 30 plus players on loan is a joke and this is what needs to stop. At worse they need to cap the number of players on loan and equally the number of times an individual player is allowed out on loan. It might be great signing JDS but all its doing its benefiting Chelsea. Meanwhile homegrown players continually get overlooked as its deemed a same age player from a premier league side is better - this may well be the case but unless you take a chance you will never know. It might also mean players are less likely to just sign for Chelsea or other PL side in the first instance.
  • Options

Chelsea run it as an almost separate business from their Premier League operation.
    It's sole purpose appears to produce young players for rent and sale, as a separate income stream.

And if by chance, a young player is sold but subsequently matures elsewhere into a 1st class player - then they have an option to buy him back again for their 1st team squad.

It's their business model.

• Options
    edited September 2018
    Only made two league appearances so far this season totalling 74 minutes. Behind 19 year old Lloyd Kelly in the pecking order.

Would people want him back in January if he became available?
  • Options

Very good post. Totally agree. Clubs should be made to play home grown players.
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    How much to get Dasilva permanently?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

How much to get Dasilva permanently?

More than free, so out of our price range.

15 m sounds high but certainly ambitions Championship club money, not sleep walking League 1 club money.
  • Options

Only made two league appearances so far this season totalling 74 minutes. Behind 19 year old Lloyd Kelly in the pecking order.

Hell yes!
  • Options
    Moo said:

Hence why the England team are never likely to win a tournament- not enough home grown players getting game time at the highest level.
  • Options

Moo said:

Hence why the England team are never likely to win a tournament- not enough home grown players getting game time at the highest level.
    Actually saw a great thing to do with FIFA the other day - Seems they're getting fed up with clubs stockpilling kids and sending them out on loan so are proposing that a club can only loan out a maximum of eight players each season

Will certainly limit the kids at Chelsea for example who are happy to be loaned out each year as cant see them being happy with the alternative of simply playing Reserve team Football
  • Options
    15m come off it! but yes, it would be a couple of mil at least
  • Options

15m come off it! but yes, it would be a couple of mil at least

Id say £15m if another Premier League club wanted him

£8m tops if a Championship were to sign him
  • Options

no... we've moved on .. anyway, he lacks the attributes of a real full back as good as he is going forwards .. Page is doing OK and he'll do for me
  • Options
    If Bristol City offered 10mil in January I reckon Chelsea would accept.
  • Options
    We still cant rely on Page to last the whole season though... this is Page after all and then we're relying on Sarr or Mascoll who has had one good game in the Trophy this season and one poor game in the League Cup