Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jay Dasilva

Comments

• Options

Chelsea already know what he can do in league one, so if they are going to recall him from Bristol City and want him in the shop window to maximise a potential transfer fee then surely they'll loan him to another championship side.

Agreed, if one want him.
  • Options
    Unused sub again yesterday.

He's waiting for the phone to ring! :-)
  • Options
    Would be good news if we got him.
  • Options
    He'd be a useful back up to Naby when he returns from suspension.

😁
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    If he still isn't playing there in January he'll go to Vitesse. He'd be very well suited to the continental game where there are fewer, how shall I say this, big lumps to go up against. I could see the continent being his future long term, he has lovely technical ability.

I'd have him back in a heartbeat. I think I rate him more highly than most. But I can't see it happening. Germany might be another option with him, especially given how young English players have had success there. But I think he's first choice LB for England U-21s, in a pretty talented group, so it's clear there's a player in there capable of higher than League One. With a club like Chelsea, they'll have the network and connections outside of just the lower leagues to find a good place for him.
  • Options
    Looking likely that he’ll sign on a permanent deal at Bristol City.
  • Options
    I thought Bristol City had an option to sign him on a perm deal anyway once this loan deal finished
  • Options
    Chelsea will regret that; he’s top notch 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    My son was sure he spotted Joe Gomez outside the Odeon before the match.
  • Options
    My son was sure he spotted Joe Gomez outside the Odeon before the match.
    Very likely, he was at The Valley for the Portsmouth game, sat a row away from me.
  • Options
    olster said:
    Looking likely that he’ll sign on a permanent deal at Bristol City.
    He was down the valley on Friday watching us.
    Nothing to compare it to, but I get the feeling an unusually high number of ex players are close to the club. Rhoys Wiggins was down there on Fri too
    I imagine they too realise the importance of the playoffs for our future, and how big a game it was on Friday
  • Options
    Lacazette the Arsenal striker was in the east stand supporting Naby Sarr. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Lacazette the Arsenal striker was in the east stand supporting Naby Sarr. 
    Shame he couldnt teach Naby how to take a better penalty!!
  • Options
    Halix said:
    Swisdom said:
    Ezri Konsa was there as was Luke Young
    This must be the reason we sold out, all Roland's ex players on comps!, did anyone spot Thuram?, or did he drop his ticket.
    LOL! Brilliant! 
  • Options

Katrien Meire would have been there ...... but she's on holiday in Dubai.

• Options
    Oggy Red said:

Katrien Meire would have been there ...... but she's on holiday in Dubai.

You must be wrong, she normally goes on holiday in the middle of the season  :)
  • Options
    Championship side Bristol City have signed England under-21 international Jay Dasilva from Chelsea on a four-year deal for an undisclosed fee.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48780006
  • Options
    Bristol city are quietly building a good side.
  • Options
    Bristol city are quietly building a good side.
    Been doing that for a few years

Bit like Preston and Brentford they're doing a good job of unearthing gems and utilising them to their benefit, only difference is Preston havent really made any big fees from theirs of late
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    clive said:
    Championship side Bristol City have signed England under-21 international Jay Dasilva from Chelsea on a four-year deal for an undisclosed fee.
    Bet Chelsea have a tidy little buy-back clause.

I still think our Jay will excel most when he moves abroad where his height won't be quite as big (er, pardon the pun) an issue. Think he has the technical ability to play in Spain, or maybe even somewhere like Holland while he hones his trade. 

That said, as Kent says, Bristol are building a decent side. 
  • Options
    SDAddick said:
    clive said:
    Bet Chelsea have a tidy little buy-back clause.

I still think our Jay will excel most when he moves abroad where his height won't be quite as big (er, pardon the pun) an issue. Think he has the technical ability to play in Spain, or maybe even somewhere like Holland while he hones his trade. 

That said, as Kent says, Bristol are building a decent side. 
    And a very decent investment when Da Silva is inevitably sold on.