Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England v Tunisia

Comments

• Options
    edited June 2018
    Rio's been reading my posts regarding a full back playing out of position for their penalty, I thank you :sunglasses:
  • Options
    the more I see that kane challenge the more angry I get I think I need to go for a walk around the block
  • Options
    Laddick01 said:

We’ve played well. Can’t criticise anything other than the finishing. Don’t think it was a pen but Walker must be careful with the arms now

I don’t know about that. I think the twatting about at the back, constantly inviting the Tunisians to close us down deserves some criticism.
  • Options

Poor Jesse that unlucky

What about the 3 other chances he had.
    They weren’t unlucky they were shit finishes

The VAR has not been used perfectly

But this game has played out the first half exactly how I thought it would

Nervous
    Poor passes
    Poor finishing
    Poor mgmt
    Poor reffing

And unrealistic expectations from fans
  • Options

Laddick01 said:

We’ve played well. Can’t criticise anything other than the finishing. Don’t think it was a pen but Walker must be careful with the arms now

I don’t know about that. I think the twatting about at the back, constantly inviting the Tunisians to close us down deserves some criticism.
    Like Charlton October to March
  • Options

It’s going to be a real boring performance riddled with miss place passes and shit decision making

We will score late on to save the blushes and stumble along like every other tournament

Hmmmmmm
  • Options
    Should have definitely been a penalty but we need to take our chances and not have a victim mentality. It's in our hands and we should be beating this Tunisia team.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    sammy391 said:

VAR is something you have to use for every decision , or none! Can’t be having such inconsistent usage of it especially with the inconsistency of refereeing

VAR was used. The issue is why the VAR refs did not refer it to the ref to review.
  • Options

It’s going to be a real boring performance riddled with miss place passes and shit decision making

We will score late on to save the blushes and stumble along like every other tournament

Hmmmmmm
    Don’t think you’re watching the same game as everyone else mate
  • Options
    If Dele has to go off, get on Rashford or Vardy and drop Sterling back deeper.
  • Options
    Still think we'll win this.
  • Options
    Positives
    Good passing and movement, some of the running into space from Lingard and Dele has been excellent
    Excellent set pieces, Trippier and Young's delivery has been excellent
    The Tunisian defence is all over the place when we attack

Negatives
    Poor finishing
    Occasional slack play at the back

Keep playing like that, we should win
  • Options
    That's why likes others I wanted Kane and Vardy up front. Play your best 2 strikers against Tunisia
  • Options
    I was all for VAR up until now
  • Options
    What a ducking joke
  • Options

Ok seeing the replay in real time it was a foul on Kane and a penalty. I hold my hands up and say I was wrong on that one.

I maintain that there was nothing wrong with the process that led to the Tunisian penalty though.

fair play, big of you to admit it.

I agree with you on Walker. Harsh penalty but VAR shouldn't be used to judge every decision of the ref. If the ref hadn't have given it, I would have been disappointed if VAR had reversed it but similar to the cricket with umpires call, I am glad they didn't overturn it (from non biased point of view obviously)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    So from what I've read online, the VAR suggested to the referee that he should look at the incident but he decided not to.

I'm not sure why. If he didn't see it, he'd want to use the video replay to make sure the decision is right and he didn't miss anything.

If he did see it and didn't give a penalty, but then gave a penalty to Tunisia, I'm not sure what is going through the referee's head.
  • Options
    Shocking decision not to give the Kane penalty, no idea what the VAR team were looking at, maybe Kane didn't protest enough...
  • Options

So from what I've read online, the VAR suggested to the referee that he should look at the incident but he decided not to.

I'm not sure why. If he didn't see it, he'd want to use the video replay to make sure the decision is right and he didn't miss anything.

If he did see it and didn't give a penalty, but then gave a penalty to Tunisia, I'm not sure what is going through the referee's head.

If he’s declined that he should not ref again this tournament. Simply unreal
  • Options
    Think we will score more though. Need Sterling firing bullets not blanks.
  • Options
    England should have scored 3 or 4. Largely because Lingard couldn’t hit a barn door. Walker should know better. Soft penalty, Kane should have had a penalty. Tunisia broke up England’s rhythm second half. Lets hope England can put some of the chances away & don’t feck up defensively.
  • Options
    Yeah putting VAR aside, decent performance but Lingard and Sterling need to take their chances
  • Options
    Laddick01 said:

If he’s declined that he should not ref again this tournament. Simply unreal
    He and the VAR team certainly have questions to answer on it that`s for sure.
  • Options
    Laddick01 said:

Hmmmmmm
    Don’t think you’re watching the same game as everyone else mate
    You can’t have enjoyed the play for us after we scored

We stopped moving the ball nicely we stopped moving it quickly we started fucking around with it at the back and slowing it down it’s no different to any of the last 3 tournaments with the exception our forward scored

Too me it’s been a shite performance so far and one that speaks volumes of how we will perform if we do not turn in a second half performance

I believe we will win but it will be a nervous goal late on
  • Options
    I would go 4 at the back and take Maguire off for someone like Loftus-Cheek