Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Bowyer Talks - Weekly press conference updates

Comments

• Konsa, Sarr, Lennon, Vetokele, Magennis possibly Bauer if 2mil met

• Get Holmes back
  • It seems pretty clear to me the takeover is not happening. No smart person about to take over a club would allow them strip the club like this and risk relegation. Time to wake up and smell the coffee.
  • Oggy Red said:

Nicholas said:

Same old shit. Bowyer couldn’t give a fuck about the club. No different to Robinson and all the other shit before them. All of them were in a no lose situation trying to further their own careers than actually giving a toss about our club. He knows full well Roland will sell any half decent players we have. Than he will suddenly miss out on all these wonderful targets he was after to improve our team and have to rely on youth, loans and freebie journeymen.

I think you may be forgetting that Bowyer is an employee of the club.
    An employee, not a lifelong fan.

He's doing his job, as he sees it.
    And of course he's going to look after his own interests, his own career.

It's what employees do.
    he doesn't have to be an employee. 2 years ago he was happy as larry with his fishing lake in France. I expect he has a decent wedge to live on, enough that he doesn't have to bend & scrape to RD every day.
  • Oggy Red said:

Nicholas said:

Same old shit. Bowyer couldn’t give a fuck about the club. No different to Robinson and all the other shit before them. All of them were in a no lose situation trying to further their own careers than actually giving a toss about our club. He knows full well Roland will sell any half decent players we have. Than he will suddenly miss out on all these wonderful targets he was after to improve our team and have to rely on youth, loans and freebie journeymen.

It's what employees do.
    Doesn't deserve the goodwill of the fans then. If he wants to play puppet then he's as bad as the rest of them.
  • It seems pretty clear to me the takeover is not happening. No smart person about to take over a club would allow them strip the club like this and risk relegation. Time to wake up and smell the coffee.

Be patient my friend
  • What do you think happens if Lee does tell RD to stick the job? Who do you think RD will put in charge for the season? Some low rate, low pay Belgian most likely. Or another of the coaching staff will be forced to take his place.

Now, if you were manager would you do that to this club, and the players you’ve spent months coaching?
  • EastStand said:

What do you think happens if Lee does tell RD to stick the job? Who do you think RD will put in charge for the season? Some low rate, low pay Belgian most likely. Or another of the coaching staff will be forced to take his place.

Now, if you were manager would you do that to this club, and the players you’ve spent months coaching?

JJ.
  • Sponsored links:

• RD gave Bowyer his first shot in management which he was unlikely to get anywhere else with his background so will likely have a certain appreciation for that.

More importantly he now has a choice to quit and struggle to get another gig or stay and make a go at it.

By staying he has to be positive, no point saying we are selling everything that moves to the press and on the other hand trying to convince any player to come join on the other.
  • Oggy Red said:

Nicholas said:

It's what employees do.
    Exactly that’s why people shouldn’t fall for any shit on how he loves the club and how he will do anything for the club.
  • Nicholas said:

I have no problem with Bowyer taking the job, but for crying out loud do not get quoted as giving Dushitelet any credit.
  • Bow sounds he is issuing an ultimatem to RD.

Let me bring in players if you're getting rid.

That is what he is saying.
  • Just walk Lee, RD doesn't deserve you.

And Marshall presumably if the rumours of a falling out are true.
  • J BLOCK said:

Just walk Lee, RD doesn't deserve you.

Knowing our club Bow will do so on the eve of the first league game.

And Marshall presumably if the rumours of a falling out are true.
    It says not.
  • Bowyer talks......shit
  • He won't walk because this club gave him his break in football and he will feel a duty to the fans who got right behind him last season.
  • Sponsored links:

• I'd like to see Lee walk away if there is a fire sale and replacements of decent quality are not brought in.
  • What else is Lee Bowyer able to say?

The least of our worries is Lee's commitment to the cause.
  • Oggy Red said:

Nicholas said:

It's what employees do.
    And I’m pretty sure that if no sale progresses and the next couple of months evolve as I fear, Bowyer will not still be here’s come the start of the season
  • If ever the word caretaker was more appropriate.
  • I dont think I can go through this again...
  • I'm not a businessman, but it seems a bit random to agree 5 out 4 in.

There must be a figure agreed for Bow to spend in pounds eh?? Hope he's read the small print before agreeing that. I reckon he might be restricted to the Proximus league for recruitment.
  • Oggy Red said:

Nicholas said:

It's what employees do.
    And I’m pretty sure that if no sale progresses and the next couple of months evolve as I fear, Bowyer will not still be here’s come the start of the season
    Unless he gets a better offer from another club - or he can sue for constructive dismissal- I reckon he will.

I would imagine that a bad job at Charlton is better for Bowyer is better than no job.
  • se9addick said:

Oggy Red said:

Nicholas said:

It's what employees do.
    Unless he gets a better offer from another club - or he can sue for constructive dismissal- I reckon he will.

I would imagine that a bad job at Charlton is better for Bowyer is better than no job.
    I guess so. I don't think fishing lake is the main business he'll be doing. He got the taste of managing and probably saw it as a future career, which isn't a surprise at all. There are SO many managers out of work and opportunities come and go. Charlton despite having a bad owner still is a very decent club and I'm sure there are plenty people in football that would jump at the chance of managing a club of our size.

Even if Bowyer failed here, he could just blame it on the owner's lack of financial support and too much influence. It wouldn't be the end of his managing career. This will be a risk but also a big opportunity from his own perspective. I recently read a few posts on a Bradford City fans forum and their owner/chairman also likes to interfere. They were searching for a head coach rather than a manager. Not saying there are worse owners than RD but some clubs seem to have similar problems.
  • Maybe Bowyer is hoping that if he stays and does reasonably well then he'll be kept on if/when the new owners come in. Maybe he feels that a few months of struggling by will be rewarded eventually?