Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bowyer Talks - Weekly press conference updates

Comments

• Options

On Shrewsbury
    : "They play three at the back. Big, solid, they’re a solid team. I remember when we played them away it was a tough game. If you cross the ball and cross the ball, that’s their strength. They’ve got three big lumps who just head everything away. #cafc

Considering recently we have been direct or have looked to get it out wide and cross it in I wonder if we will change our tactics for this game.

Maybe even start Aneke and Schwartz/Washington and look to run the channels. 
  • Options
    If LB thinks they have 3 big lumps at the back that just keep heading crosses away all day it will be interesting to see if he moves away from the long ball tactic of recent weeks and starts with Ronnie & Washington. I know we have been doing ok recently but I personally would like to see Ronnie get a run of starts.
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    AndyG said:
    If LB thinks they have 3 big lumps at the back that just keep heading crosses away all day it will be interesting to see if he moves away from the long ball tactic of recent weeks and starts with Ronnie & Washington. I know we have been doing ok recently but I personally would like to see Ronnie get a run of starts.
    I'd be absolutely stunned if he did that, but I would be mega pleased. 

a 4-3-1-2 may work well for that 

Amos
    Gunter - Famewo - Pearce - Maatsen
    Morgan - Watson - F.Caskey
    Millar
    Schwartz - Washington
  • Options
    If they're three big lumps, more important Washington, Morgan and Millar get around them.  Stockley can occupy two central defenders, it's the outside channels we need to work in and get them turning.  Same team for me, just start Millar on the left and Morgan on the right.  
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    AndyG said:

Amos
    Millar
    Schwartz - Washington
    Me too mate. For this weekends game that is the team I would love to see start. But I suppose if LB did that and it didnt work he would get slated for not starting the big forwards
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    They may have some big lumps but are still 17th in the table. Maybe we should put our big lumps in to protect us from set pieces and then let our superior levels get us the result.
  • Options
    I'm sorry if I've missed something on another thread, but what has happened to Ben Purrington, there's not been a mention of him, since LB said a few games ago that he told one player he wont be playing in the next game 100%? Everyone, myself included, thought he was talking about Deji, but Purrington has not been in the squad since that game and he played in it instead of Maartsen. So is he injured or was he the one dropped?
  • Options
    I'm sorry if I've missed something on another thread, but what has happened to Ben Purrington, there's not been a mention of him, since LB said a few games ago that he told one player he wont be playing in the next game 100%? Everyone, myself included, thought he was talking about Deji, but Purrington has not been in the squad since that game and he played in it instead of Maartsen. So is he injured or was he the one dropped?
    Seems there was more than one. 

Definitely dropped for Maatsen.
  • Options
    I think when everyone is allowed to get back in the ground and Thomas is there, if the whole place sings him ‘One Thomas Sandgaard’ I might get something in my eye, just saying so you know.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'm sorry if I've missed something on another thread, but what has happened to Ben Purrington, there's not been a mention of him, since LB said a few games ago that he told one player he wont be playing in the next game 100%? Everyone, myself included, thought he was talking about Deji, but Purrington has not been in the squad since that game and he played in it instead of Maartsen. So is he injured or was he the one dropped?i

Interesting! I didnt even think of Purrington being in the frame for that, I assumed it was Deji especially as he played Prattley in the back ahead of Deji 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Seems there was more than one. 

Definitely dropped for Maatsen.
    That's a pity if he has been dropped, I didn't think he had done that badly, in fact many said he was a good replacement for Maartsen, when he lost his form. However he has not been seen since that game, and when everyone is putting their teams on here, no-one is putting him in the squad, so perhaps he has been forgotten by everyone?
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    AndyG said:

Amos
    Millar
    Schwartz - Washington
    You've left out Pratley ?  :o:D  
  • Options
    They may have some big lumps but are still 17th in the table. Maybe we should put our big lumps in to protect us from set pieces and then let our superior levels get us the result.
    They're only down there because of their early season form. They've been really good since Cotterill came in
  • Options
    I'm sorry if I've missed something on another thread, but what has happened to Ben Purrington, there's not been a mention of him, since LB said a few games ago that he told one player he wont be playing in the next game 100%? Everyone, myself included, thought he was talking about Deji, but Purrington has not been in the squad since that game and he played in it instead of Maartsen. So is he injured or was he the one dropped?i

Interesting! I didnt even think of Purrington being in the frame for that, I assumed it was Deji especially as he played Prattley in the back ahead of Deji 
    Yes, I was wondering about this on Tuesday evening when Purrington wasn't in the 18 again. At least Deji is getting on the bench. I didn't think Purrington played as badly as Deji when LB came out with that comment after that game. 
  • Options

Yes, I was wondering about this on Tuesday evening when Purrington wasn't in the 18 again. At least Deji is getting on the bench. I didn't think Purrington played as badly as Deji when LB came out with that comment after that game. 
    Bowyer has tended leave out the other Left-Back when they haven't been playing though, Purrington disappeared from the bench even for a good while, and then Maatsen did the same more recently.
  • Options
    What i can't get is what has happened to Jaiyesimi, will we ever get to see him for more than a cameo
  • Options
    What i can't get is what has happened to Jaiyesimi, will we ever get to see him for more than a cameo
    Certainly not had a fair crack since joining, has had an hour once in one of our more disjointed performances of the season. 

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Certainly not had a fair crack since joining, has had an hour once in one of our more disjointed performances of the season. 

Cheers for that @Dazzler21,yes certainly shows a lack of interest by Bowyer, give the lad some sort of run, hasn't had a chance to show consistency 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Cheers for that @Dazzler21,yes certainly shows a lack of interest by Bowyer, give the lad some sort of run, hasn't had a chance to show consistency 
    Why is it a lack of interest?

Maybe he's giving him time to settle in, learn how we play and what is expected of him.

He's blown hot and cold so far but we've just bought him.

Give him, and his manager, a chance.
    Ok maybe lack of interest was a bit strong, but i would have thought he would have had a fair chance to settle in and know what is expected, just feel he would settle in more with a bit more game time, blowing hot and cold could be as a result of lack of match time, who knows, just my interpretation.
  • Options
    I thought Purrington has a slight injury
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    Dazzler21 said:

Maybe he's giving him time to settle in, learn how we play and what is expected of him.

Fair although Millar lately has been being played on the right a few times, where he is no better more effective than Jaiyesimi.

As we saw on Tuesday we then have to play others out of position on the left to fill that void... 

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Ok maybe lack of interest was a bit strong, but i would have thought he would have had a fair chance to settle in and know what is expected, just feel he would settle in more with a bit more game time, blowing hot and cold could be as a result of lack of match time, who knows, just my interpretation.
    Who would you drop from those that have been playing and why?
  • Options
    Redrobo said:
    Dazzler21 said:

This is just a suggestion to maybe switch it up a bit, just play him in his position of RW/RM and just keep Millar on the left where he is effective, i just feel we haven't seen what he can do in a full match.
    I am not a strategist, just a supporter.
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    Redrobo said:
    Dazzler21 said:

Millar needs a rest, I'd let him have a rest and start Morgan at LM and Jaiyesimi at RM. 

something like:

Jaiyesimi - Watson - F.Caskey - Morgan

Around 60-70 mins you could bring on Millar for Jaiyesimi if he's tiring, and Shinnie for Morgan, Something like this:

Shinnie - Watson - Smith - Millar 

Shinnie and Morgan have done well at RM when forced out there.

Assuming Watson and F.Caskey start in the middle, our other options are made up of Smith, Pratley & Gilbey in there and I have F.Caskey replaced by Smith as he also can't seem to keep that intensity up for 90 mins. 

• Options
    AndyG said:
    Time to start with both Millar & DJ and get them to run at their defenders. 
  • Options
    Are their big lumps bigger than our big lumps?