Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bowyer Talks - Weekly press conference updates

Comments

• Options
    edited February 2021
    TalkSport interview starts at about 23 minutes.
    https://talksport.com/radio/listen-again/1614247200/1614249000/
  • Options
    Bowyer: "Just stop this rubbishness, and things will be good".  Brilliant!

Did he really say that? Seriously? 

This is joke, surely.
    Seriously - it's a direct quote from Bowyer in Benji's report.

• Options
    Streaming is a compromise and a good development in lockdown. But having said that, I am close to knocking it on the head. It isn't the money, but watching us this season is frustrating and thoroughly unenjoyable. Those responsible for it seem not to want to take responsibility so I am questioning why the fans should bother.
  • Options
    He must go soon, can't see us winning
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    It's getting boring now.

Perhaps the reason the players didn't defend the throw in well was because they weren't used to the shape. The forward right winger (not sure what else to call his position) was well positioned to take the player who was taking the throw in. The defenders were out of position as they probably didn't know who to mark, the player in the middle or the other bloke who crossed it.

Perhaps, just perhaps, it's not the players fault after all.
    Although I "liked" your post I will say defending is not difficult. You look around for a player to mark (especially at a throw in) & talk to your fellow defenders to do the same. You don't have to be picking up the same opposition player each time but just making sure no opposition player is free. It's not rocket science. On tuesday evening they took a (quickish) throw & iirc the player receiving the throw was free - and then he was allowed to advance into the box without a challenge & get a cross in. 2 errors within the space of 5 seconds. It helped them that the cross was a good one & delivered from a great position. I bet you if that had been us the player receiving the throw would have passed it backwards to a player standing still who would have then attempted to cross it on the 45° angle, giving the defender an easier chance to clear. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    2nd goal was unavoidable! Really? If our midfield and defence closed players down outside the box and stopped them from shooting then maybe we'd concede less "worldies" - I'm convinced that Bowyer told the team not to close down on the arrogant assumption that Lge 1 players would more often than not shoot it into row z because its seems to have been going on all season.
  • Options
    I do understand what he meant about the second. Normally it would be a saveable shot or go over the bar, but the spin from the contact with Watson was unlucky. I don't think the Burton player meant it.
  • Options
    The second one was unavoidaable - nonsense, should have closed him down.

The Gillingham lad will never score such a good goal in his life yet Rob Lee who would know says he has a cracking shot and regularly scores great goals.

It is head in the sand stuff and a totally crazy way to go around things.

We are in shocking form and if we had 6 points or so less I would actually be looking firmly over our shoulder.  Talk of Playoffs is laughable.
  • Options
    Was the goal or shot unavoidable. Think we all know the answer.
  • Options
    I do understand what he meant about the second. Normally it would be a saveable shot or go over the bar, but the spin from the contact with Watson was unlucky. I don't think the Burton player meant it.
    He should have been closed down quicker.
  • Options
    this is L1 not the Prem, do not expect too much
  • Options
    That second goal anyone could see he was lining up to have a crack, no one ran towards him to put a tackle/block in. Everyone was just backing off.
  • Options
    boggzy said:
    That second goal anyone could see he was lining up to have a crack, no one ran towards him to put a tackle/block in. Everyone was just backing off.
    So many of those this season, I don’t understand sacrificing creativity for a “solid” midfield but still not closing down shots from range. 
  • Options
    boggzy said:
    I thought he was being closed down and the ball was deflected (off Watson?). Maybe wrong as I have tried to block the game from my memory!
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    He should have been closed down quicker.
    True, but there are always a few of these every game that don't normally result in goals. Just saying there was a degree of bad luck to it but I didn't think we deserved anything from the game personally considering we were at home to the bottom side. Big them up all you like, the fact they are the bottom side and they have done the double over us doesn't change!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Anyone recall when we last scored a goal from outside the box? 
  • Options
    Maddison against Plymouth? 
  • Options
    Maddison against Plymouth? 
    Well, we wont be doing that again then we will !! 
  • Options
    clive said:

The Addicks boss provided an injury update ahead of the trip to the Kassam Stadium after Chuks Aneke was forced off with a hamstring complaint in midweek.

"Chuks is fine," Bowyer explained.

"He has a bight of tightness, but he’s OK. Jake Forster-Caskey is also fine. Nothing to worry about for this weekend. Alex Gilbey will hopefully be back training next week.

"Ryan Inniss will be training with the group next week. His last scan was all clear, he’s been outside for a while and he’ll be back training with us as possible.”

https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/6040c25c3ea42/bowyer-looks-forward-to-clash-with-former-boss-robinson

good news for Inniss
  • Options
    Now Virgil Van Inniss is back thats HMS piss the league back afloat!
    We joke but it's not so much that Inniss and Famewo are total geniuses, it's that they don't make embarrassingly bad mistakes every week. Putting Famewo in halved the amount of ridiculous nonsense going on. It's a shame that Deji decided to Dej all over the place last weekend and mess up for the first two goals, but Pearce turned up on Tuesday and we kept a clean sheet. When we've had Pearce and Deji in there, or players playing out of position we've made some absolutely catastrophic errors that have gifted goals to the opposition. When we had Inniss and Famewo together they just didn't make a lot of mistakes and we kept clean sheets. Hopefully next season we can get in a few CBs who can regularly go 90 minutes without doing something daft
  • Options
    stonemuse said:
    clive said:

The Addicks boss provided an injury update ahead of the trip to the Kassam Stadium after Chuks Aneke was forced off with a hamstring complaint in midweek.

"He has a bight of tightness, but he’s OK. Jake Forster-Caskey is also fine. Nothing to worry about for this weekend. Alex Gilbey will hopefully be back training next week.

"Ryan Inniss will be training with the group next week. His last scan was all clear, he’s been outside for a while and he’ll be back training with us as possible.”

https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/6040c25c3ea42/bowyer-looks-forward-to-clash-with-former-boss-robinson

good news for Inniss
    Best bring him in now, must be wet through seeing as he's been "outside for a while". 😄
    Kindly leave the stage... :)
  • Options
    clive said:

Sounds like they need a cat flap and a bloody big one!