Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bowyer Talks - Weekly press conference updates

Comments

• Options
    LouisMend said:

Sounds like it didn’t happen, BBC Kent couldn’t get there for whatever reason. I have a day job so can’t go to these either.

Use your authority Louis get Tom or Nath to stand in. :wink:
  • Options
    I am sure it will be on the OS if it happened, probably tomorrow :smiley:
  • Options
    It was a quick chat for 6 minutes on a cheap looking leather sofa in the manager's office (probably acquired from the days when you could get a Valley Gold discount from 'World of Leather'). Nothing of substance, save for a deranged assertion that we can challenge for the top two and automatic promotion.
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    Is ANYONE looking into this, or has that ship sailed?
  • Options
    Croydon said:

Like Bowyer a lot, but I really couldn't give a toss if he prefers the protests don't happen. Right now, it's about the bigger picture.

yup
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Well, if any other manager we have had under the regime said some of the things Bowyer says in his recent interview, they would be getting absolute pelters from all corners on here.
  • Options

Well, if any other manager we have had under the regime said some of the things Bowyer says in his recent interview, they would be getting absolute pelters from all corners on here.

Hold me beer....
  • Options
    I'm trying to picture RD ringing him Sunday to ask him if he was okay.

• Options
    Croydon said:

Like Bowyer a lot, but I really couldn't give a toss if he prefers the protests don't happen. Right now, it's about the bigger picture.

To be fair what else could he say, it’s a balancing act ......but I have a sneaking feeling he understands the fans and what we are trying to accomplish and tacitly agrees with us.....as does everyone at Sparrows Lane......err well perhaps I should rephrase that....’not quite’ everyone at Sparrows Lane.
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

Bowyer's managing the football at the club.

You can't blame him for giving the football his full focus - that's his job.
    He's an employee not a fan.

Don't get me wrong I'm not having a go, just like I try not to pay much attention to what our other managers would say.

However, I'm just pointing out, and I think rightly so, that many people would not be as diplomatic as you if this was someone else and not Bowyer.
  • Options
    Curb_It said:

I'm trying to picture RD ringing him Sunday to ask him if he was okay.

Especially since by then at least half of the 10k ROT leaflets had been delivered round the town. And I understand the houses and flats in Roland's neck of the woods were the first to get them in their post boxes.

I imagine Roland had other things on his mind!
    After all, he can only spare 1.5% of his time on Charlton matters - or so he said.
  • Options
    It doesn't matter if Bowyer agrees with the protests or not. His job is to win games and all fans hope he does well. He is best keeping out of other aspects he can't control and focusing on his job.
  • Options

Oggy Red said:

Bowyer's managing the football at the club.

You can't blame him for giving the football his full focus - that's his job.
    He's an employee not a fan.

Don't get me wrong I'm not having a go, just like I try not to pay much attention to what our other managers would say.

However, I'm just pointing out, and I think rightly so, that many people would not be as diplomatic as you if this was someone else and not Bowyer.
    Yeah, you're probably right. But he doesn't sound like Roland's poodle to me.
    Obviously as an employee, there are times when he has to talk to his employer.

And if he wants to keep his job, he's not going to trash his employer in public.
    He can't be criticised for that.

Bowyer says he'd rather there weren't protests against the owner; he tries to protect the players from being drawn into it so that they concentrate solely on the football and work hard to get results. IMO that doesn't mean he's anti-supporters, just that he doesn't want himself or the players drawn into it and distracted from 100% focus on football.

It's not Bowyer's job to get Roland out.
    It's ours.

• Options
    edited August 2018
    Let's not forget who is the problem at our club.
    It's certainly not Bowyer, who has been "strung along" on a caretaker manager role, despite numerous, previous promises.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I like Bowyer a lot but have disagree with him here 'supporting the lads' will not see us through this alone I am afraid.
  • Options
    SE7toSG3 said:

I like Bowyer a lot but have disagree with him here 'supporting the lads' will not see us through this alone I am afraid.

But if Bowyer himself were to be seen supporting the protests - he'd be sacked.

And then what, no manager at all?

Is that what some people really want?
  • Options
    We are lucky to have him, he's the only good thing that has come out of the club through this shitty time.
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

SE7toSG3 said:

No I am happy with him staying and wouldnt expect him to support the protests,
    I like him and disagree with him on this, 'supporting the lads' sadly isnt enough. I dont expect him to anything different but I disagree with him.
  • Options
    SE7toSG3 said:

Oggy Red said:

SE7toSG3 said:

No I am happy with him staying and wouldnt expect him to support the protests,
    I like him and disagree with him on this, 'supporting the lads' sadly isnt enough. I dont expect him to anything different but I disagree with him.
    Fair enough, SE&toSG3, .... thanks for our discussion though.
  • Options
    Thats ok, if we lost Bowyer as well then I have no idea where we would be, the tail end of last season was as good watching Charlton away as at any time in Duchatalets time here to my mind so would be very keen to retain him.

I guess in an ideal world I would have wanted him to answer the protest question with, 'we focus with onfield stuff only, as we cant control matters off it' and to be fair he is not far off saying that anyway.

I am Mr angry at the moment so would disagree with myself if you left it 5 mins
  • Options
    I agree with Bowyer.

I wish there were no protests as well but we need to get Duchatelet out so we carry on.

He's said the protests don't impact on the team or performances so there goes the usual apologist argument.

Bottom line is teams win games not crowds otherwise we'd have beaten Peterborough.