Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Champions League 2018/2019

Comments

• Options
    Couldn't care less about an unfair scoreline, Liverpool have been lucky enough on occasions this season.

However this is far from over, they're more than capable of blitzing them at Anfield and scoring at least 3
    Worth noting that Barca thought they had the job done last year after a comfortable 1st leg win...................then Roma beat them 3-0 in the 2nd leg and went through.
    Called it......
  • Options
    Poor from Valverde, his side were over run at times in the Nou Camp and he was saved by Messi. Absolutely no need to go to Anfield and play Coutinho as well as Suarez and Messi, should've changed formation really and set up to be more defensive.

He had Umtiti and Vermaelen on the bench, neither were used.
  • Options
    That Dembele miss in the first leg looks even worse now
  • Options
    The good news is there is no way the footballing gods can keep shitting on me from such a great height , so we are going up now , no Wembley loss for us we’ll win at Wembley now , law of averages and all that ( unless it’s Sunderland and we just can’t win , not after 1998) 
  • Options
    Can’t stand Liverpool but fair play last night that was some performance, I was happy for them for about 10 seconds then went on twitter and the happiness went to rage pretty quickly. 

Hope spurs can do a job tonight. 
  • Options
    Can’t stand Liverpool but fair play last night that was some performance, I was happy for them for about 10 seconds then went on twitter and the happiness went to rage pretty quickly. 

Hope spurs can do a job tonight. 

Haha pretty much how I felt. Their fans really are insufferable. 
  • Options
    I've seen more resistance from a piece of wet cardboard than that total shit housery of a performance from Barcelona last night...and people have the cheek to call Spurs bottlers.  3 down then they turn off at a corner like that.  Disgusting.  They couldn't even pass to their own bloody players last 10 minutes.

As it was Barcelona, you have to say that has to be one of the best comebacks of all time.  Especially as they didn't have Salah or Firminho and Robertson went off injured.  Incredible stuff.  Mane was outstanding.  Best I've ever seen Henderson play by a country mile.  Absolute utter bastards.

Trying to look at the positives, if we were to win tonight and get through (and thats a big if), we were a Sissoko shank away from beating them at Anfield last time we played so we can't be too in awe of them.  I just hope Spurs actually turn up tonight.  First 30 mins at home was about as bad as it gets but am expecting a reaction from Sonny tonight, especially after what happened at Bournemouth on Saturday.  If he plays with any sort of intensity, we've got more than half a chance to get a result.

• Options
    @JohnBoyUK.
    At the business end of the season, the fact that you are always a striker or two short catches up with Spurs. Check out Liverpool:
    Salah, Mane, Firmino, Origi, Sturidge, plus Brewster and Woodburn ( 2 great young talents who will go out on loan next season) 
    Fantastic new stadium, but Levy needs to support the manager because Kane is getting at least one bad ankle injury a season and with wear and tear that unfortunately will continue.
    The stress of being the main striker even got to the superb Son at Bournemouth.
    I don't thing Spurs are bottlers but as all Tottenham fans must be saying;
    Get your checkbook out Levy even if it means your bonus and wages go down !

• Options
    Unbelievable result. Hate Liverpool but got to give them credit for this.
    Just need Spurs to win and you will have an English invasion on your hands out there.
  • Options
    They’re back on for the double nightmare 
    It’s happening ffs 
    It really is ffs and spurs get to final as well for a lose lose and Liverpool win the prem 

Spuds to lose tomorrow night, Man City to win on Sunday, then Ajax to clean up in the Champions (sic) League final.
    Perleeeeeeease
    Tonights result will give spurs hope its only 1-0. So who would you want to win in all English final if it happened?
    Spurs.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    @JohnBoyUK.
    At the business end of the season, the fact that you are always a striker or two short catches up with Spurs. Check out Liverpool:
    Salah, Mane, Firmino, Origi, Sturidge, plus Brewster and Woodburn ( 2 great young talents who will go out on loan next season) 
    Fantastic new stadium, but Levy needs to support the manager because Kane is getting at least one bad ankle injury a season and with wear and tear that unfortunately will continue.

Also Poch's choice to not expand the squad. Him and Levy got lucky in the league this season where tiredness should have cost them a top 4 place. 

Barcelona were the same last night, with an uninspiring bench with no attacking options for when they needed a goal. 
  • Options
    Did Poch have much choice in that or were his hands tied by Levy?
  • Options
    @JohnBoyUK.

Also Poch's choice to not expand the squad. Him and Levy got lucky in the league this season where tiredness should have cost them a top 4 place. 

Barcelona were the same last night, with an uninspiring bench with no attacking options for when they needed a goal. 
    Cant disagree with any of that.

When everyone is available and fully fit, we've got a good enough side to beat anyone on our day but as soon as the injuries take hold, there is no hiding place.  There is no getting away from it that we've dodged a massive bullet in the last few weeks with the form of Arsenal and United dropping off and we've managed to hold them off.  Still at the back of my mind I've got a nagging doubt that 8 goals is not enough this coming Sunday.  Been burnt once too many times to not worry.  Hopefully, it'll lift a huge weight off the players shoulders and they'll play with some freedom tonight.

The Liverpool example is a good one.  As you say, they've got 5 CFs in their squad but we're told by Levy, Poch and the media that Spurs can't sign another CF as they wont want to play second fiddle to Kane.  It's like banging your head against the wall.  See Alvaro Morata for reference. 

Spurs have got a huge rebuilding job in the summer.  No question about it.  The squad needs investment, just to freshen things up.  Eriksen will go to the highest bidder with 12m left on his contract.  Levy wont risk losing him for nothing and rightly so.  Alderweirald will go and presumably Sanchez will fit in alongside Vertonghen.  Trippier's wife has been looking at schools in Naples so its likely he'll be off.  Dembele still needs replacing.  Question marks remain over Janssen, Walker-Peters and Dier.  Llorente and Vorm are also out of contract in the summer.  Lamela has broken his vagina again and its clear that Poch has lost patience with him, when he speaks about him in interviews.  

Will be an interesting summer for sure.  There will definitely be outs.  Ins?  The fee we get for Eriksen will probably dictate to a large extent how many we bring in, along with how many Levy can push out of the door.
  • Options
    iaitch said:
    Did Poch have much choice in that or were his hands tied by Levy?
    Well if you believe Poch then it was his decision.

When I read Poch's book, he came across as a bloke who agreed with Levy's way of doing things.  His interviews have reflected that for the most part.  He was interviewed at the end of last season and he made it reasonably clear he needed investment.  A recent interview has said its going to be a 'painful' rebuilding process and the stadium needs more 'furniture'.

You can just imagine Levy driving him to the football equivalent of Ikea!

• Options
    JohnBoyUK said:
    @JohnBoyUK.

Cant disagree with any of that.

When everyone is available and fully fit, we've got a good enough side to beat anyone on our day but as soon as the injuries take hold, there is no hiding place.  There is no getting away from it that we've dodged a massive bullet in the last few weeks with the form of Arsenal and United dropping off and we've managed to hold them off.  Still at the back of my mind I've got a nagging doubt that 8 goals is not enough this coming Sunday.  Been burnt once too many times to not worry.  Hopefully, it'll lift a huge weight off the players shoulders and they'll play with some freedom tonight.

The Liverpool example is a good one.  As you say, they've got 5 CFs in their squad but we're told by Levy, Poch and the media that Spurs can't sign another CF as they wont want to play second fiddle to Kane.  It's like banging your head against the wall.  See Alvaro Morata for reference. 

Spurs have got a huge rebuilding job in the summer.  No question about it.  The squad needs investment, just to freshen things up.  Eriksen will go to the highest bidder with 12m left on his contract.  Levy wont risk losing him for nothing and rightly so.  Alderweirald will go and presumably Sanchez will fit in alongside Vertonghen.  Trippier's wife has been looking at schools in Naples so its likely he'll be off.  Dembele still needs replacing.  Question marks remain over Janssen, Walker-Peters and Dier.  Llorente and Vorm are also out of contract in the summer.  Lamela has broken his vagina again and its clear that Poch has lost patience with him, when he speaks about him in interviews.  

Will be an interesting summer for sure.  There will definitely be outs.  Ins?  The fee we get for Eriksen will probably dictate to a large extent how many we bring in, along with how many Levy can push out of the door.
    Very surprised by Trippier wanting to go to Napoli. Yes they're a good team, but Naples is hardly the easiest place to go for your first club abroad! Especially for his family...
  • Options
    Johnboy if you miss out on CL football Co’s of an 8 goal turnaround I’ll buy your season ticket next year (if you’ve got one ) 
    it ain’t happening 
  • Options
    if trippier does go napoli he will also have to travel 550km to there home champions league games.
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    What is that marking from Spurs??? Why do you put Trippier on De Ligt?
  • Options
    Ajax with an early goal
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    Spurs one down on the night. No one on the posts.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Almost equalized
  • Options
    Son hits the post. Manic start..
  • Options
    You work all week in training on set pieces.

then Trippier ends up marking De Ligt.
  • Options
    Doesn’t really change that much in the sense they needed to score two and they still need to score two 
  • Options
    Spurs need to start taking their chances
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    Doesn’t really change that much in the sense they needed to score two and they still need to score two 
    Before they needed 1 in 90 minutes to take it to extra time, now they need 2 in 60 minutes and no extra time
  • Options
    Keep it this way ...
    I can’t believe people liking spurs , i mean they’re local rivals of years gone by 
    fark em and the chirping when they smell success is hell 
    get in 2-0
  • Options
    Trippier conference level. 
  • Options
    Oops
  • Options
    Spurs playing like Barcelona. Last night's Barcelona that is!