Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Champions League 2018/2019

Comments

• Options
    Ajax are good, but I think Liverpool are a level above sadly.
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:
    @JohnBoyUK.
    At the business end of the season, the fact that you are always a striker or two short catches up with Spurs. Check out Liverpool:
    Salah, Mane, Firmino, Origi, Sturidge, plus Brewster and Woodburn ( 2 great young talents who will go out on loan next season) 
    Fantastic new stadium, but Levy needs to support the manager because Kane is getting at least one bad ankle injury a season and with wear and tear that unfortunately will continue.
    The stress of being the main striker even got to the superb Son at Bournemouth.
    I don't thing Spurs are bottlers but as all Tottenham fans must be saying;
    Get your checkbook out Levy even if it means your bonus and wages go down !

Also Poch's choice to not expand the squad. Him and Levy got lucky in the league this season where tiredness should have cost them a top 4 place. 

Barcelona were the same last night, with an uninspiring bench with no attacking options for when they needed a goal. 
    Cant disagree with any of that.

When everyone is available and fully fit, we've got a good enough side to beat anyone on our day but as soon as the injuries take hold, there is no hiding place.  There is no getting away from it that we've dodged a massive bullet in the last few weeks with the form of Arsenal and United dropping off and we've managed to hold them off.  Still at the back of my mind I've got a nagging doubt that 8 goals is not enough this coming Sunday.  Been burnt once too many times to not worry.  Hopefully, it'll lift a huge weight off the players shoulders and they'll play with some freedom tonight.

The Liverpool example is a good one.  As you say, they've got 5 CFs in their squad but we're told by Levy, Poch and the media that Spurs can't sign another CF as they wont want to play second fiddle to Kane.  It's like banging your head against the wall.  See Alvaro Morata for reference. 

Spurs have got a huge rebuilding job in the summer.  No question about it.  The squad needs investment, just to freshen things up.  Eriksen will go to the highest bidder with 12m left on his contract.  Levy wont risk losing him for nothing and rightly so.  Alderweirald will go and presumably Sanchez will fit in alongside Vertonghen.  Trippier's wife has been looking at schools in Naples so its likely he'll be off.  Dembele still needs replacing.  Question marks remain over Janssen, Walker-Peters and Dier.  Llorente and Vorm are also out of contract in the summer.  Lamela has broken his vagina again and its clear that Poch has lost patience with him, when he speaks about him in interviews.  

Will be an interesting summer for sure.  There will definitely be outs.  Ins?  The fee we get for Eriksen will probably dictate to a large extent how many we bring in, along with how many Levy can push out of the door.
    True but strikers might start to change their mind given how many games he misses these days.
  • Options
    Laddick01 said:
    Ajax are good, but I think Liverpool are a level above sadly.
    I’m clinging to the hope that Liverpool rely on Anfield

away in the CL this season...
    Liverpool - Won 2, Lost 4
    Ajax - Won 4, Drew 2

Final is an away game

I’m hoping.
  • Options
    Should make it interesting now.
  • Options
    Interesting now
  • Options
    Wow 
  • Options
    As usual I'm in the kitchen when a goal goes in :smile:
  • Options
    Spurs only need one now.
  • Options
    i love football 
  • Options
    Madness.

Not again, surely.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Is it happening again?
  • Options
    Incredible these games.
  • Options
    Feels like there’s been absolutely bonkers Results and crazy games week after week in the Champions League this season
  • Options
    I feel Ajax could upset Liverpool in the final if they meet.  But I think Liverpool would crush Spurs.
  • Options
    Moura did brilliantly there to weave his way away and then into a goal scoring position. Was about to turn off and go to bed!
  • Options
    I didn't see the first half but in the second Ajax's defence has been shocking.
  • Options
    I didn't see the first half but in the second Ajax's defence has been shocking.
    It was first half, Spurs just couldn’t finish.

• Options
    If any manager spends 100m on Eriksen they need their head tested
  • Options
    Great match.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited May 2019
    No way
  • Options
    Wow, can you believe it!
  • Options
    Hahaha eat that you time wasting prick
  • Options
    They deserve it!
  • Options
    Fooking hell. 
  • Options
    Wow! What a couple of nights
  • Options
    Oh my sweet jesus!!!
  • Options
    Shiiiiiit
  • Options
    EasyJet are pissing themselves in excitement right now I bet

Had a look earlier and flights from London to Madrid were around £1,000
  • Options
    This tournament is unbelievable this year.

Lucas Moura is about to lose his under rated tag.